Make skyscales mandatory

42 minutes ago, medivh.4725 said:

No way its too tough and time consuming!

The OP's logic seems to be if they are mandatory, they'll have to make them easier to get.

Kind of a weirdly convoluted way of just saing "make skyscales easier".

Oddly, ArenaNet has been making getting the skyscale easier. So probably should have been /thread from the very beginning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kraggy.4169 said:

Actually no, it isn't and never was .. that time is simply the addition of all the fatuous time-gates ANet put in to drag it out .. only no-lifers who can play 24/7 to activate the next step after the numerous 2-hour time-gates could do it in that time ...

.. AND given the numerous world group events you HAVE to do it'll take longer now than when the content was current due to less players still needing to do one.

Be glad it is just 2 hours now it used to be tied to real life day instead of ingame ( 2 hours)

2 hours ago, miraude.2107 said:

So let's put that in perspective here. Skyscale takes 3 days + 8 hours. That not just numbers I'm pulling out of my behind either. That's from the wiki. That's it's current formula.

You can only craft 1 charged quatz a day, and you need... 12? if I remember correctly.
So how do you craft 12 of those.

And lets not forget that is only 1 Collection out of 5 Collections of 1 Achievement out of 5 Achievements.....
Well, maybe if I convert 4 days into 96 hours those 4 days actually make sense.

Lets try to give a realistic example, given a casual working man, playing that 5 hours per week..... ok makes +\- 19 weeks. ok, makes sense, I agree with you....

The problem is when someone has a few hours per day to play, the last thing you wanna be doing is farming collections. You wanna do something fun.

Edited by Aria Lliane.8693
  • Confused 1

On 9/22/2021 at 12:12 AM, Mortifera.6138 said:

Then we won't have to trade our souls in trying to acquire one.

I fear you do not understand what mandatory means.

That would mean that you would have to get the skyscale before you leave the tutorial. Do you would really enjoy a tutorial that would let you finish it after you did finish the week grind that you need for the skyscale? Beside how should that technical work? An extra map for the level 1 character of Dragonfall, where they have to finish the story fist so that they start collecting the eggs and materials? All with a level 1 character?

1 minute ago, Aria Lliane.8693 said:

I don't think you understood what Op meant by mandatory.

For example in HoT glider is mandatory, that doesnt mean you need it at the start of the base game.

So when you are finished all of the story in Base+LS2+HoT+LS3+PoF+LS4+IBS+EOD you want to be forced to get skyscale at some point? What about the people that do not like the grind? Wont be be able to finish Guild Wars only because they do not want to get that many materials?

3 minutes ago, BadHealer.3608 said:

So when you are finished all of the story in Base+LS2+HoT+LS3+PoF+LS4+IBS+EOD you want to be forced to get skyscale at some point? What about the people that do not like the grind? Wont be be able to finish Guild Wars only because they do not want to get that many materials?

Exactly, that's what OP does NOT want.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Can't you just buy the skyscale food instead of crafting it with Quartz?

It costs 1.6 gold to craft and sells for 3.5g, which is significant, but that's just really 25 gold as an impatience tax at max.

If you count all the collections on the Skyscale, you easily spend more than 25G even without buying the quartz.

Edited by Aria Lliane.8693
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Aria Lliane.8693 said:

Exactly, that's what OP does NOT want.

Good then its fine as it is now for the OP since that is not the case.

7 minutes ago, Aria Lliane.8693 said:

If you count all the collections on the Skyscale, you easily spend more than 25G even without buying the quartz.

If you want it now you fork over more gold or you spend a longer time getting the items together yourself.

Kinda like carrots I could grow carrots myself for cheaper but it is easier to just buy them in the store.

12 minutes ago, Aria Lliane.8693 said:

You were talking about just the 12 quartz. It costs 25 more gold to buy it off the TP.

If you're including the Grow Lamp, that makes 22 quartz required, so about 50 more gold. Although this makes little sense since you can only feed it so many times a day.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

If y'all think this is the worst farm in the game, especially for a "legendary," I've got some bad news...

If you have the two Bjora ice brood episodes, strike missions + the two metas + ice farm = convert into the LWS4 currency you need will get you the currency you need pretty fast + giving you gold and other loot. If you're doing the "Return to" achievements, those will give you a full stack of the map currency you need. Work on your charged crystals now, or buy the crafted items instead.

You can also run mulitple characters through the LWS map you need and do the hearts every day and get currency that way.

I think it took me two weeks of being relatively lazy to get skyscale. 😕

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Aria Lliane.8693 said:

I did grow them over this year.... and now all is good.

Except now I need 250 Inscribed Shards + 250 Lumps of mistonium + 250... that s#it doesn't look buy-able. And from what I can see looks like ill only be able to get like 30 a day or some s#it. Not that I'm interested tho, but I completely agree that its the worst farm of the game.

You can get 250 of each of those by doing the return to living world achievements. You only have to reach tier three, so you have your pick of what kind of thing you want to do. Takes maybe a couple hours per currency.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

You can get 250 of each of those by doing the return to living world achievements. You only have to reach tier three, so you have your pick of what kind of thing you want to do. Takes maybe a couple hours per currency.

As this guy said it used to be alot harder sure but still doable and with the new achivements it really is not hard at all.

• Like 1