Support Guard is Overpowered, Boring to play As/Against

DanSH.6143

I'm just going to pop in to offer a different perspective. 

Some of us actually do enjoy playing the support role in PvP games. It's not a popular role for various reasons. Supports are team reliant, they don't get much of the glory relative to their dps counterparts, but for people like me, and a few others that I can list by name, playing the utility/healer is more satisfying than playing selfish dps. 

Removing these roles from the game isn't the right way to go just because some Unga Bunga Dps mains would rather mash buttons until health bars go down than support their team. Allowing a variety of playstyles helps make the game mode more fun for more people. It's simply a matter of making sure that supports are appropriately balanced relative to other roles with proper stregnths and weaknesses. 

Core guard does no damage which makes it an easy target to bully. You don't have to worry about counterpressure vs a support core guard so it has to rely on its team to keep it alive. In exhange it provides some heals, boons and other defensive utility. That's exactly what you'd expect from a defensive support.  

There's no need to break it's legs just because it prevents you from rolling your keyboard against the enemy classes on occasion. If anything the game could use more variety. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Supp Guard is busted! 😄 This class is carrying me easy with less than 100 games to platin 2 for two 5v5 seasons now.

If you pay attention and have good access to your keys to react fastly then you can survive any 1v3 or 4 even if those are 3 hardcore burst classes because the amount of stability and aegis is insane.

I would even claim that supp guard is win condition for nowadays meta - means, you see your team has no supp -> go play supp guard = gg wp.

The sustain comes from the amount of aegis that you can spam. 2x retreat, mace 3, shield 4, virtuos - do some dodge rolls, heal yourself and repeat that whole stuff again xD 

And aegis itself is just stupid, blocking any incoming attack - blocking attacks -> no dmg -> enemy wasting cooldowns -> enemy vulnerable 😄

The emergency condi cleanse with F2 is also insane............ guys abuse this class as long as it is in a busted state like this. After all "high elo" more or less only consists of abusing perkz of broken classes #necro#reve#ranger. 

The only counter for this class/build is truly thief. Thief can steal your stability which can lead you to die very fast. But if you pay attention during a 1v3 to the actions of the thief, then at least you can stretch your sustain since you still have F3 as another ressource for stability an can buy time for the rest of the team.. I mean at this scenario you already handle 2-3 ppl on a node, team should be able to outnumber and kill fast the rest nodes xD

Edited by Yakuzai.6593

16 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

its the same kitten with you players. You defend your brainless, 0 effort specs that play themselves with arguments like 
" they prevent you from rolling your keyboard against the enemy "
or " unga bunga dps "
meanwhile supports are so kittening poorly designed legit 0 of their skills have any form of real push and pull, and it always end up being raw number game where they either dont do enough and are useless or do enough and team with support always wins against team without.
Ah and they make all other brainless specs even stronger too, cuz why not.

I don't get why anyone would have a problem with a class and build u can't stack in 5v5. If u can't stack it then it ain't op.

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Yakuzai.6593 said:

Supp Guard is busted! 😄 This class is carrying me easy with less than 100 games to platin 2 for two 5v5 seasons now.

If you pay attention and have good access to your keys to react fastly then you can survive any 1v3 or 4 even if those are 3 hardcore burst classes because the amount of stability and aegis is insane.

I would even claim that supp guard is win condition for nowadays meta - means, you see your team has no supp -> go play supp guard = gg wp.

The sustain comes from the amount of aegis that you can spam. 2x retreat, mace 3, shield 4, virtuos - do some dodge rolls, heal yourself and repeat that whole stuff again xD 

And aegis itself is just stupid, blocking any incoming attack - blocking attacks -> no dmg -> enemy wasting cooldowns -> enemy vulnerable 😄

The emergency condi cleanse with F2 is also insane............ guys abuse this class as long as it is in a busted state like this. After all "high elo" more or less only consists of abusing perkz of broken classes #necro#reve#ranger. 

The only counter for this class/build is truly thief. Thief can steal your stability which can lead you to die very fast. But if you pay attention during a 1v3 to the actions of the thief, then at least you can stretch your sustain since you still have F3 as another ressource for stability an can buy time for the rest of the team.. I mean at this scenario you already handle 2-3 ppl on a node, team should be able to outnumber and kill fast the rest nodes xD

I don't believe you can survive more than 15 seconds vs 3 decent dps players as support guard without peeling from your teammates. Even 2 usually enough to shut down a guard or to force him to run out of a teamfight. And I don't believe people in plat 2 will let themself to stuck in 3v1 or 2v1 scenario vs a support guard. 

Core necro with focus offhand can also counter support guard. But it is not as reliable as thief.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

The issue with support guardian is that it just encourages people to build more and more and more damage/burst, that is why healers were never going to be a good thing in gw2 pvp and why they are never a good thing in all honesty, because there becomes a point where there is quite literally a damage cap on the enemy team being to win and if they do not absoloutely destroy that cap then there is not even the slightest chance of them winning.

A lot of people try to lower their damage output in order to be able to actually survive the insane levels of damage going out these days but this just ends up with their team not actually being to win purely because any damage done will be effortlessly healed back.

They really need to just delete the ratio's on all the support heals and that will just allow them to lower the damage output in the game, I mean when you think in a much slower game with an average 32-35k health, even 5k was considered big damage and 10k was considered insane and op...

basically anything dealing more than 1/7th of the average health pool should be looked into, i get the warrior bursts are supposed to be really strong but i mean I crit a mesmer for 14500 with gunflame the other day, there are limits to what is reasonable.

I believe your view point is valid and healers should be viable and poison should be more available to combat that. Thus everyone is happy nobody gets nerfed.

7 hours ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

its the same kitten with you players. You defend your brainless, 0 effort specs that play themselves with arguments like 
" they prevent you from rolling your keyboard against the enemy "
or " unga bunga dps "
meanwhile supports are so kittening poorly designed legit 0 of their skills have any form of real push and pull, and it always end up being raw number game where they either dont do enough and are useless or do enough and team with support always wins against team without.
Ah and they make all other brainless specs even stronger too, cuz why not.

Ah, the classic comeback. "You defend your brainless 0 effort yadda yadda". 

Haven't heard that one in a while. It's a nice subtle blend of "Ur class OP" and "Stop defending ur broken build" *chefs kiss*.

I'd offer you advice, but I know it would fall on deaf ears, as you'd simply interpret it as me defending a build I don't play. I prefer FB over core even though it's the weaker of the two because it has more playmaking potential. Easier to train down, but more tools to carry teamfights if you play well. 

Some people enjoy being the guy to pop tome 3 bubble just in time watch the enemy necro lich themselves  to death. Or Pop AoE resistance just in time to counter a druid entangle. Most people won't notice or will assume I'm just brainlessly mashing buttons while playing a dead build, but I don't let their ignorance dictate how I choose enjoy the game. 

If you don't enjoy that, that's fine, but dictating that Anet should kill off builds you don't like is nothing short of selfish. Reducing it down to brainless spam is simply your ego justifying your bias. I'm gulty of doing it too when I'm upset.

I could go on just as long of a rant about immob druid and their no tell shortbow 5 daze with ancient seeds, but that's both a topic for a different thread, and an instance of my own bias coloring how I view an annoying build. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Ah, the classic comeback. "You defend your brainless 0 effort yadda yadda". 

Haven't heard that one in a while. It's a nice subtle blend of "Ur class OP" and "Stop defending ur broken build" *chefs kiss*.

I'd offer you advice, but I know it would fall on deaf ears, as you'd simply interpret it as me defending a build I don't play. I prefer FB over core even though it's the weaker of the two because it has more playmaking potential. Easier to train down, but more tools to carry teamfights if you play well. 

Some people enjoy being the guy to pop tome 3 bubble just in time watch the enemy necro lich themselves  to death. Or Pop AoE resistance just in time to counter a druid entangle. Most people won't notice or will assume I'm just brainlessly mashing buttons while playing a dead build, but I don't let their ignorance dictate how I choose enjoy the game. 

If you don't enjoy that, that's fine, but dictating that Anet should kill off builds you don't like is nothing short of selfish. Reducing it down to brainless spam is simply your ego justifying your bias. I'm gulty of doing it too when I'm upset.

I could go on just as long of a rant about immob druid and their no tell shortbow 5 daze with ancient seeds, but that's both a topic for a different thread, and an instance of my own bias coloring how I view an annoying build. 

the fact that you think throwing proj block against a lich is a play maker move shows how braindead support specs are
the most exciting moment of guard life is throwing shield 5 to block something or throwing a signet.
everything else is just spamming healing off cooldown, exactly rolling your face on keyboard unga bunga.
Its ironic cuz its the supports that are unga bunga and not a dps, as the damage spammed can be easy to avoid, nothing you can do against healing.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

the fact that you think throwing proj block against a lich is a play maker move shows how braindead support specs are
the most exciting moment of guard life is throwing shield 5 to block something or throwing a signet.
everything else is just spamming healing off cooldown, exactly rolling your face on keyboard unga bunga.
Its ironic cuz its the supports that are unga bunga and not a dps, as the damage spammed can be easy to avoid, nothing you can do against healing.

I've played enough competetive games to recognize this line of thinking. "You're not even doing anything, you're just doing X. Is that fun for you? Literally zero skill, I can't believe the devs thought this was okay"

Or something to that effect.

It's okay to feel that way from time to time, but it's important to have the awareness to ask if that judgement is actually coming form a rational place or a result of bias/ego. 9 times out of 10 I'm willing to bet it's the latter. 

A more accurate view of this situation is that both dps and supports have the potential to be played unga bunga, and both can be played skillfully in capable hands. Anyone can put up a shield 5 bubble to block a necro reflect, in the same way that anyone can practice a simple combo like Smoke Assault > Knockdown > WI and execute it in game. 

The skill comes from being able to position yourself to make the correct play at the correct time, and having the awareness to do so while keeping yourself alive because, lets face it, Firebrands are going to get trained down the moment they show their face. 

Between maintaining good positioning, managing your teamate's condis/health, and reacting to key skills such as lich, tornado, entangle, ect. There's a lot a good support can do to carry. 

Just like a good dps doesn't bum rush mid face tank damage while rolling their keyboard and die.

Dps players just don't notice because unlike flashy one shot montages, a lot of what goes into making a good support is "invisible skill". If you watch a good support play it's not immediately obvious that he's juggling 5 different things in his head (his teams' health/condis, enemy cooldowns, which of his cooldowns he needs to save to counter theirs, can your teamates handle a cooldown on their own? e.g. Holo still has Elixir S up so he's safe against burst. Can I afford to go into tome 2-3 here or will I die in the process? ect.)

It's slower, and more tactical, but some people prefer slow and tactical over quick and flashy. 

Just because most don't doesn't mean that playstyle doesn't have a place. 

Also FB's tome 2 healing has been gutted enough that you can out damage it. Or just CC/burst them and force them to drop it so they can stunbreak and pressure you off them ect. Recieve the light and empower are a long channels that are easy to rupt. The fact that you say "there is nothing you can do to stop healing" doesn't help your case that you're not just playing unga bunga because counterplaying these skills should be trivial with some awareness.  

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

I've played enough competetive games to recognize this line of thinking. "You're not even doing anything, you're just doing X. Is that fun for you? Literally zero skill, I can't believe the devs thought this was okay"

Or something to that effect.

It's okay to feel that way from time to time, but it's important to have the awareness to ask if that judgement is actually coming form a rational place or a result of bias/ego. 9 times out of 10 I'm willing to bet it's the latter. 

A more accurate view of this situation is that both dps and supports have the potential to be played unga bunga, and both can be played skillfully in capable hands. Anyone can put up a shield 5 bubble to block a necro reflect, in the same way that anyone can practice a simple combo like Smoke Assault > Knockdown > WI and execute it in game. 

The skill comes from being able to position yourself to make the correct play at the correct time, and having the awareness to do so while keeping yourself alive because, lets face it, Firebrands are going to get trained down the moment they show their face. 

Between maintaining good positioning, managing your teamate's condis/health, and reacting to key skills such as lich, tornado, entangle, ect. There's a lot a good support can do to carry. 

Just like a good dps doesn't bum rush mid face tank damage while rolling their keyboard and die.

Dps players just don't notice because unlike flashy one shot montages, a lot of what goes into making a good support is "invisible skill". If you watch a good support play it's not immediately obvious that he's juggling 5 different things in his head (his teams' health/condis, enemy cooldowns, which of his cooldowns he needs to save to counter theirs, can your teamates handle a cooldown on their own? e.g. Holo still has Elixir S up so he's safe against burst. Can I afford to go into tome 2-3 here or will I die in the process? ect.)

It's slower, and more tactical, but some people prefer slow and tactical over quick and flashy. 

Just because most don't doesn't mean that playstyle doesn't have a place. 

Also FB's tome 2 healing has been gutted enough that you can out damage it. Or just CC/burst them and force them to drop it so they can stunbreak ect. Recieve the light and empower are a long channels that are easy to rupt. The fact that you say "there is nothing you can do to stop healing" doesn't help your case that you're not just playing unga bunga because counterplaying these skills should be trivial with some awareness.  

the difference is unga bunga dps gets punished by people dodging their combos.
when you drop a bouble this is it, this is the end, interaction ends, you win.
when you drop a heal on wounded ally there is that, nobody can do kitten about it, but when you try to damage an enemy you can do so much more things about it, which is why dps takes more effort and is more enjoyable to pla as/against at least in gw2.
there is 0 punish mechanics for supports and they all specialize in 0 effort heal spam
just core guard and shout breaker and good examples, both with uncounterable high healing and instant revival to make games a slog and provide free value no matter how poorly they are played

Edited by Leonidrex.5649

44 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

when you drop a heal on wounded ally there is that, nobody can do kitten about it, but when you try to damage an enemy you can do so much more things about it, which is why dps takes more effort and is more enjoyable to pla as/against at least in gw2.
there is 0 punish mechanics for supports and they all specialize in 0 effort heal spam

Back in the day when guard ran around with kitten near permentant stab and healing amulets still existed, I'd give that to you. Back then you could just cover your heals with stab and aegis (or in FB's case your heal was instant cast and actually had no counterplay).

Scourge was/is an issue for the same reason. Instant cast 5k+ barrier with harbinger shroud Darude Sandstorm Shroud and Shroud 3(forget name of skill), not much you can do. Stuff like that shouldn't exist

I don't think we should return to that... and Scourge needs some kind of redesign. 

I'll also give you rez signet. Personally, I think poison should effect downstate at 66% effectiveness so that rez signet would only heal 33% to downed bodies (meaning you could cleave it through signet), but that's me.

In today's world of short duration boons, less stab, and weaker heals, the best way to neuter a support's effectiveness is to focus them and force them to burn it selfishly. Likewise, if I burn receive the light to heal my dps, I'm down a heal, in which case you react the same way you would if a dps burns their heal skill. 

Alternatively, just rupt the heal. Receive the light isn't exactly a short cast time, nor is empower and those are the two biggest burst heals in the build. 

There isn't much you can do to stop the smaller chip heals like staff 2 and staff 3 (traited), but that's fine.

These heal for about as much as an auto attack does in damage. It makes sense that the counterplay should be on the same level as how you counterplay an auto (you don't and you out dps it)

Edited by Kuma.1503

46 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

Zero knowledge of the build yet calls for nerf so typical.

"0 punish mechanics" when you use a skill to save/heal someone, thats one less skill you have to defend yourself with. 

That a big trade off to defend someone you have to keep a balance of what skills you use at all times or someone will die. Tha alone takes most skill that a couple of dps builds out there.

Knowing when some one is a lost casuse before wasting everything on them. 

Knowing when to go for the rez with or without the signet.

Knowing when to rotate in or out of fights. (Everyone should know this but its specially important becuase most of the time the team leave the support to cap a point or defend it).

These are thing you literrally never notice when a guard is healing you and protecting you and I say literally becuse if you wouldnt be talking out your kitten wanting for nerf on a build thats not OP.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Zero knowledge of the build yet calls for nerf so typical.

"0 punish mechanics" when you use a skill to save/heal someone, thats one less skill you have to defend yourself with. 

That a big trade off to defend someone you have to keep a balance of what skills you use at all times or someone will die. Tha alone takes most skill that a couple of dps builds out there.

Knowing when some one is a lost casuse before wasting everything on them. 

Knowing when to go for the rez with or without the signet.

Knowing when to rotate in or out of fights. (Everyone should know this but its specially important becuase most of the time the team leave the support to cap a point or defend it).

These are thing you literrally never notice when a guard is healing you and protecting you and I say literally becuse if you would you would be talking out your kitten wanting for nerf on a build thats not OP.

its a 0 trade-off, you are loaded with heals and by default if your ally gets focused, you dont need healing yourself, but if you do you are healed anyways as its AOE. you lose NOTHING.
following your logic using maul on a single target is a trade-off as you wont have it later to hit more then 1 person, its not how it works 
I enjoy supports in most games because the give you extra responsibilities and you have extra things you have to keep in mind, in GW2 supports remove things, you dont have to keep track of almost anything, and being usefull boils down to " stay in ~400 units range and spam heals to most wounded ally "

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

its a 0 trade-off, you are loaded with heals and by default if your ally gets focused, you dont need healing yourself, but if you do you are healed anyways as its AOE. you lose NOTHING.

For some reason you are only thinking theres 1 player other than the support to heal vs 1 enemy. Thats 1 senario out of many.

You do know its a 5v5 right? So a supports cooldown are meant for 5 players and not all player stay within 500 range at all times right?. It also applies to the enemy there 5 of them so all of them are going to aggro 1 guy? In rank? Thats on the rarest of occations and if that happens and you still blow all cooldown to save him if they swap to you you are dead! Hence where the skills of a support come from.

Most of the time however you will have 2 monkeys on your back while healing a teammate with 2 more monkey on their back taking dmg. While theres the last monkey 1v1 your last teammate somewhere off in pluto. 

You've proven my point that you dont know enough to call for nerf on the build and its just pure rage (or bias agaisnt it) thats making type here.

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kuma.1503 said:

Rangers can reset maul on demand tho...

no, ranger can reset maul by landing a melee skill.
guard can reset their heal by using elite, which you dont have to hit anyone with, you just have to use it
which is the entire point, you press a button, it does its thing and there is nothing anyone can do about it
its how heals work in this game

13 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

no, ranger can reset maul by landing a melee skill.
guard can reset their heal by using elite, which you dont have to hit anyone with, you just have to use it
which is the entire point, you press a button, it does its thing and there is nothing anyone can do about it
its how heals work in this game

Since when a single weap skill = a class mechanic and a elite? Lol

If we go by that logic ranger can hurr durr press 1 skill and immobolize a whole group if they are close enough.  Then f1 for more hurr durr pet auto hit target immobolize skill.

Good job selling the high tier play of a dps lmao! 

Just now, Exile.8160 said:

Since when a single weap skill = a class mechanic and a elite? Lol

If we go by that logic ranger can hurr durr press 1 skill and immobolize a whole group if they are close enough.  Then f1 for more hurr durr pet auto hit target immobolize skill.

Good job selling the high tier play of a dps lmao! 

nope, ranger has to land a skill, you dont have to land healing skills, as they cant be dodged/blocked.
its the main point and beef
healing skill = press it get value
damage skill = press it, get value assuming enemy didnt dodge/block/los/absorb/barriered

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

no, for some reason YOU are thinking its 1v1.
in 5v5 supports heal/cleanse/peel/stab/aegis 5 players as all their skills have massive, easy to land and forgiving aoe
virtues have 600 range and go through walls, same with staff 4, staff 2 you can dump from 1300 range and even do it while hiding behind walls
oh wait the healing skill is 600 range aoe too, what a hard skill to get off, kitten these guard must be sweating big time to get those skills to work xd

hmm hmm all the shouts 600 range that goes through walls too, what a hard skill to use XD

BTW if you werent blinded by your need to defend your precious 5head core guard you would notice that I didnt call for any nerfs
if anyone is biased its you mr I have a core guard as my avatar and defend it by make up kitten

Theres skill in a supp build you just choose to ignord it because it goes agaisnt the weird point your are trying to push.  Im not gonna repeate you just have to read it from my other post.

Also 600 range isnt that much idk why you think every teammate will be automatically around you all time to get your shouts.

Theres a diffrens between defending an actual OP build because its my main from me trying to correct all the miss information you are spreading about a class/build. 

100% bias would be me defending a class like Necro and saying its not OP because x or y reason when everyone in this forums knows other wise.

Just because you like a selfish type of play style doesnt mean everyone likes it too and wanting a playstyle removed for those reason is just childish.

"I just said supports in gw2 have no place in pvp simply cuz they are loaded only with skills that delay the game and make the game more boring, every class has its own healing and should be balanced around that."

Saying not wantimg it in the game is the same of wanting it removed.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

Theres skill in a supp build you just choose to ignord it because it goes agaisnt the weird point your are trying to push.  Im not gonna repeate you just have to read it from my other post.

Also 600 range isnt that much idk why you think every teammate will be automatically around you all time to get your shouts.

Theres a diffrens between defending an actual OP build because its my main from me trying to correct all the miss information you are spreading about a class/build. 

100% bias would be me defending a class like Necro and saying its not OP because x or y reason when everyone in this forums knows other wise.

Just because you like a selfish type of play style doesnt mean everyone likes it too and wanting a playstyle removed for those reason is just childish.

"I just said supports in gw2 have no place in pvp simply cuz they are loaded only with skills that delay the game and make the game more boring, every class has its own healing and should be balanced around that."

core guard plays itself as a build, you as a player only worry about macro, where to be and who to heal.
its legit impossible to miss heals, blocks, cleanses

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

nope, ranger has to land a skill, you dont have to land healing skills, as they cant be dodged/blocked.
its the main point and beef
healing skill = press it get value
damage skill = press it, get value assuming enemy didnt dodge/block/los/absorb/barriered

So pressing a healing just as a party member leaves the 600 range not missing a heal? 

If you ever played a support you'll know the feeling of a party member running out of your heals all the time.

Again! (Since you dont seem to understand this) not everyone is going to be withing range everytime you press a heal.

1. Some will run out of range.

2. Some will die before the heal gets off cooldown

3. Some will have poison and the heal will be cut down. (Since you prob didnt know poison affects heals)

4. You can get cc before you can get the much needed heal on someone.

5. Sometime even the guard will mistake the range of the heal. 

There many ways to not get full value out of a heal.

This is what I mean of you spreading miss information. SEE?

Edited by Exile.8160
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

So pressing a healing just as a party member leaves the 600 range not missing a heal? 

If you ever played a support you'll know the feeling of a party member running out of your heals all the time.

Again! (Since you dont seem to understand this) not everyone is going to be withing range everytime you press a heal.

1. Some will run out of range.

2. Some will die before the heal gets off cooldown

3. Some will have poison and the heal will be cut down. (Since you prob didnt know poison affects heals)

4. You can get cc before you can get the much needed heal on someone.

5. Sometime even the guard will mistake the range of the heal. 

There many ways to not get full value out of a heal.

This is what I mean of you spreading miss information. SEE?

1 every single skill other then staff 4 can be cast while moving so this doesnt apply as you can follow people.
2 lol what an argument, if you are dead you cant heal! what a counterplay
3 mhm, if only healers had cleansing xddddd btw almost nothing applies any real poison anyways and even then you still heal them anyways, imagine if there was dps spec that had 100% of its damage instantly with 0 counterplay, but you said its fine cuz protection exist, same argument here.
4 stab/aegis/dodges say hello ? and even then, if you get CCed as a support guard, its 1 less CC on the person that is getting focused, its a win/win scenario anyways and you remove stun and go back to healing
5 yes, sometimes guards are so bad they cant even use their 600 range aoe skills that hit through walls, happens to the best of us!

P.S
I played the build, I had people run away from me, I had been focus and I know how the build works.
Its simple, forgiving and boring, as all supports are. credits where credits are due, its not as frustrating as other things so nobody whines about it, could always be worse.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Exile.8160 said:

You are arguing with a roamer/ganker player from his point of view, supports stop his gank and that sucks for him, and that is  what supports do, they reduce the damage taken by their team in expense of their own output. Most people push for fights which means teamfights and sidenodes but the "high end" players play roaming specs most of the time, and they are in the PVP discord so most nerfed specs, basically deleted from the game, are sidenoders and teamfighters and people just find more and more annoying specs to play on these spots, like minion mancer, would that kitten work if Warrior specs were functional.

At one point there were 3 support specs in the game to chose from Tempest, Healbreaker and Heal Guard they had some interplay between then Tempest had cc and SpB had 2 costly stunbreaks on it, Heal brand can give stability to counter the Tempest cc but SpB removes boons so it counters guard main support, now instead of getting proper balancing tempest and healbreaker got deleted out of the meta and Heal Guard is barely sitting in the game.

I don't think roamer players understand that Supports have to be simple, since they have to be reactive to the Whole team and not just themselves and have to think ahead of time about their position, since they can't win fights by themselves because of the damage output. I don't think they understand that teamfighters should be also simple on the damage application since they have to think about multiple people attacking and how can they attack multiple at the same time while peeling for their support or how sidenodes worked, how it was show of skill to beat the other guy while waiting for a gank for you or the enemy, now every bruiser duelists are nerfed and only bunkers are left to do pillow fights.  
There is kitten all options for sides, there is kitten all suppoorts and there is kitten all teamfight specs, there is no specs to face each other, you get necro and you get guardian cause their core design works on these spots, but for some reason we have so many different roaming specs.     

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leonidrex.5649 said:

1 every single skill other then staff 4 can be cast while moving so this doesnt apply as you can follow people.
2 lol what an argument, if you are dead you cant heal! what a counterplay
3 mhm, if only healers had cleansing xddddd btw almost nothing applies any real poison anyways and even then you still heal them anyways, imagine if there was dps spec that had 100% of its damage instantly with 0 counterplay, but you said its fine cuz protection exist, same argument here.
4 stab/aegis/dodges say hello ? and even then, if you get CCed as a support guard, its 1 less CC on the person that is getting focused, its a win/win scenario anyways and you remove stun and go back to healing
5 yes, sometimes guards are so bad they cant even use their 600 range aoe skills that hit through walls, happens to the best of us!

P.S
I played the build, I had people run away from me, I had been focus and I know how the build works.
Its simple, forgiving and boring, as all supports are. credits where credits are due, its not as frustrating as other things so nobody whines about it, could always be worse.

1. Leaps, teleport, launch (by enemy) superspeed even swiftness can make all that happen. Even you being cripple or immon at a bad time theres too many scenarios to say it never happens.

2. So you never ever had someone go down before you could get a heal off? You must be a godly support. 

3. Necros and specially thieves have lots poison and tbose 2 classes are hella common. Heck even a sigil give poison to any classes so its not that uncommon.

4. Thats assuming you dont have them on cooldown yet again theres many scenarios that ba happen not just one. Not all you stab and block are going to magically be avalible at every moment you need them.

5. It happens to everyone on every class people make mistakes. You saying you never press skill and accidently have the target just out of range?.

Again, anyone can play the build not everyone can understand it.