Royal Ascolonian Greatsword

Efface.8460

1 hour ago, Efface.8460 said:

Aloha, 

To whom it may concern, 

Please consider offering a version of this skin without the nighttime glow.

Mahalo for your consideration.

🙂

Don't hold your breath, my dude.  Anet's unlikely to give your request much thought: they haven't touched anything from the original dungeons in years, including their respective equipment rewards, and they also really really like putting particle effects on everything.  Those old glowing effects from the Ascalon set are actually really tame in comparison to a lot of whats been coming out the last few years.

36 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

THOSE THINGS GLOW AT NIGHT???? I HAD NO IDEA!!! 😲

I need to get those ASAP! 😄

Also, good luck with your request and thank you for the revelation! 😄 

Please tell me you're joking.....

Edited by The Greyhawk.9107
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Right??!! I have a couple of those weapons and I never noticed that!  Awesome!

I'm going to go arm one and head to LA to check it out.  Good luck, Efface; those are nice looking skins even without the glow, I totally get the request.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Efface.8460 said:

Aloha,

To whom it may concern,

Please consider offering a version of this skin without the nighttime glow.

Mahalo for your consideration.

Let's make that request for the entire set, okay?

I'd very much like to have the Mace and Focus without the effect, while I care none for the Greatsword.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

Please tell me you're joking.....

I wish i was lol but no, i actually had no idea!

I only ever previewed them from in game and they don't (or didn't then) show any effects there, they just looked like normal "could be real" designed weapons, like, cool look but that's it.

Plus, none of the other weapons from dungeons have effects, do they? Or at least not like this... The nightmare stuff glows right? I think... And i know the flame armor makes your Charr tail be fiery. But i had no idea about the armor!

This changes things! 😄 I kinda wanna make a necro now! 😄

1 hour ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

Right??!! I have a couple of those weapons and I never noticed that!  Awesome!

I'm going to go arm one and head to LA to check it out.  Good luck, Efface; those are nice looking skins even without the glow, I totally get the request.  

Good idea! LA is permanently at night now right? Or does it not count as night and the day night cycle still exists?

In any case, i'm going to meme pair those with sigil of the night! 😄

That way i always know when the sigil is active! 😄 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Yep! They glow bright Foefire blue. My guardian has the sword - it's pretty cool!

That said, a version without the nighttime glow would be nice. The shield looks great during the day...but it's night-time glow has a hideous grinning skull on it. Yikes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

I wish i was lol but no, i actually had no idea!

I only ever previewed them from in game and they don't (or didn't then) show any effects there, they just looked like normal "could be real" designed weapons, like, cool look but that's it.

Plus, none of the other weapons from dungeons have effects, do they? Or at least not like this... The nightmare stuff glows right? I think... And i know the flame armor makes your Charr tail be fiery. But i had no idea about the armor!

This changes things! 😄 I kinda wanna make a necro now! 😄

Good idea! LA is permanently at night now right? Or does it not count as night and the day night cycle still exists?

In any case, i'm going to meme pair those with sigil of the night! 😄

That way i always know when the sigil is active! 😄 

That's why I didn't notice, either.  I only have one actual weapon - the other skins must have been from random unlocks - and in the bank preview, they don't show up with the fire either.  I don't even know how I got the sword, but I just chucked it in the bank and forgot about it, honestly.

They do indeed work in LA's Halloween permanent night!  I paired my sword on my warrior with a Royal Flame sword, for in town, and they look pretty awesome together with the Lunatic heavy armor.  I like the sigil of the night idea.  😁

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Lyssia.4637 said:

That's why I didn't notice, either.  I only have one actual weapon - the other skins must have been from random unlocks - and in the bank preview, they don't show up with the fire either.  I don't even know how I got the sword, but I just chucked it in the bank and forgot about it, honestly.

They do indeed work in LA's Halloween permanent night!  I paired my sword on my warrior with a Royal Flame sword, for in town, and they look pretty awesome together with the Lunatic heavy armor.  I like the sigil of the night idea.  😁

Nice! I'll go buy some today, i have 1000 ascalonian tears that i saved for Monk runes, but screw those, the weapons now became my priority! 😄 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

I'm just tired of people asking for stuff that I like that's already in the game to be taken away.  Its been happening with increasing frequency in recent years and sometimes Anet listens.

Efface.8460, who opened the thread, asked for the addition an alternative version without the glow, though. They didn't ask for it to replace the already existing Day/Night shifting version.

Fny.4502's wish is fundamentally different from what the thread was supposed to be about.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Efface.8460, who opened the thread, asked for the addition an alternative version without the glow, though. They didn't ask for it to replace the already existing Day/Night shifting version.

Fny.4502's wish is fundamentally different from what the thread was supposed to be about.

Hey, hey! That's not true. I said I wish they came without the glow. As in, I wish they existed without the glow. That doesn't mean remove the glow from the existing set - I'd be perfectly happy with options. Heck, in a perfect world they'd add a day-only set and a night-only set, as a complement to the already existing day-and-night set, so that everyone can get what they want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Yeah.  I know.  My response to the OP is fundamentally different from the response I gave Fny.4502's.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fny.4502 said:

Hey, hey! That's not true. I said I wish they came without the glow. As in, I wish they existed without the glow. That doesn't mean remove the glow from the existing set - I'd be perfectly happy with options. Heck, in a perfect world they'd add a day-only set and a night-only set, as a complement to the already existing day-and-night set, so that everyone can get what they want. 

The way you previously worded it can easily interpreted as that your wish was for the existing weapons to lose their glow.

Edited by Fueki.4753

16 hours ago, Fny.4502 said:

I too wish they came without the glow. 

Is that such a terrible thing to say? 

I dislike the night glow, I wish I could have the the day skins, which are beautiful, without the night version. That's all.  

I'll just leave this thread now.

During Beta, they used to be "Ghastly Weapons" that healed the user during the day, and stole health at night. I would have preffered those to what we have now, but I understand why they were changed. Also yes, it would be nice to have regular, non-glowy versions, but as others have already pointed out, Anet has an obsession with particle effects. 😒

I mean, I like shiny things as much as the next person, but it would be nice to have some nice looking, non-glowy things too.

Just like it would be nice to have something other than trench coats for medium armor. Right Anet...? 🙄

Edited by Keitaro Dragonheart.9047
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...