I hope Untamed has some decent condi removal.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Here's some alternatives:

Healing Spring

Nature's renewal

sigil of purity (1 condition every 4 seconds)

sigil of generosity (1 condition every 6 seconds)

sigil of cleansing (2 conditions on weapon swap)

There's also tons of runes that give anywhere from 15% to 25% reduced condition duration and even one, rune of antitoxin, that cleanses an addition condition on each cleanse so the sigils from earlier would be 50% to 100% stronger. There's a rune that cleanses when you use healing, one when you use an elite skill, rune of stars is -10% duration AND damage with an extra -30% cripple/chill/weakness on top of all that so I assume -40% total for them.

If you use food, there's another -20% duration there.

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, magic fly.2041 said:

Here's some alternatives:

Healing Spring

Nature's renewal

sigil of purity (1 condition every 4 seconds)

sigil of generosity (1 condition every 6 seconds)

sigil of cleansing (2 conditions on weapon swap)

There's also tons of runes that give anywhere from 15% to 25% reduced condition duration and even one, rune of antitoxin, that cleanses an addition condition on each cleanse so the sigils from earlier would be 50% to 100% stronger. There's a rune that cleanses when you use healing, one when you use an elite skill, rune of stars is -10% duration AND damage with an extra -30% cripple/chill/weakness on top of all that so I assume -40% total for them.

If you use food, there's another -20% duration there.

Yeah, but it would be nice to have some in the trait line. So we are not automatically locked into those things since none of those runes are good for power builds, which this spec sure seems to be and giving up your sigils and two of your skills for it is also pretty hard on any good build. 

If it doesn't have decent condi clear on the Cantrips or in the traitline, it would be a major mistake.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

Yeah, but it would be nice to have some in the trait line. So we are not automatically locked into those things since none of those runes are good for power builds, which this spec sure seems to be and giving up your sigils and two of your skills for it is also pretty hard on any good build. 

If it doesn't have decent condi clear on the Cantrips or in the traitline, it would be a major mistake.

Yes the utilities provided by @magic fly.2041 are very situational

Healing spring is an static AoE and pulses every few seconds. 

Natures renueval is  40s CD skill in a 120s elite skill. Not really an alternative. 

Sigils aren't a great option either. 

About the cantrips: Let's see first what the unbound energy does to the pet skills, maybe they get better. 

New EoD pets could bring better cleanses too like an AoE version of Photosynthesize could be a posibility. 

Cantrips are looking good, i think you can see the healing skill in the teaser, the 6 seeds of life seems like the healing slot utility. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, LughLongArm.5460 said:

If we'r getting shouts as utilities(like I think we do), there is also trooper rune. I used to use it always as my main condi removal back in the days the command utilities were shouts. 

We're getting cantrips as utilities and even then I wouldn't use trooper runes, just go survival skill for 2 condis removed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

I'd prefer boon removal over condi removal.

Same. Offense is the best defense, and you can't really outcleanse a well played condi spec anyway. If anything, I would argue that ranger lacks additional utility. Beyond the standard power SLB, it lacks in the offensive department as well, arguably.

Edited by mistsim.2748
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

I'd prefer boon removal over condi removal.

Well it seems we got both, condi removal and boon rip / corrupt.

Yet the condi removal is in a 30 seconds cooldown, I think that will be too long cd for the current condi spam in game. But at least is a full condi removal.

• Like 1

Just now, anduriell.6280 said:

Well it seems we got both, condi removal and boon rip / corrupt.

Yet the condi removal is in a 30 seconds cooldown, I think that will be too long cd for the current condi spam in game. But at least is a full condi removal.

I believe there is also one condi removed on F5.

• Like 1

There is one skill called Mutate Conditions that converts all conditions to vulnerability on a 30s CD. Not sure how I feel about that compared to Contemplation of Purity on core guard which converts all conditions to boons and is a stun break on a 40s CD.

I would definitely prefer a set number (like 4) but halve the CD.

36 minutes ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

There is one skill called Mutate Conditions that converts all conditions to vulnerability on a 30s CD. Not sure how I feel about that compared to Contemplation of Purity on core guard which converts all conditions to boons and is a stun break on a 40s CD.

A cleanse every 30s which also loads you plenty of vulnerability is not a very good option. I does not matter how many conditions works on, with the current condition spam and damage 30s is simply too long. 

Most of the cantrips needs to have applied some CD reduction under specific circunstances like the cantrips Forests Fortification or Unnatural Transversal. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

It's a crap skill noone will use over Survival utilities + WS trait line. As always.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

It's a crap skill noone will use over Survival utilities + WS trait line. As always.

Yeah, I agree.

30s is a long time time wait to cleanse your conditions considering how often they are applied, if it's per stack, then you can likely change those to 25 stacks of vulnerability.

I don't see the logic behind that. You are taking damage from condis so you want to clear a bunch, so you do, but that makes you take even more damage. Combine that with the +10% incoming damage from the primal trait and you can be taking 35% more damage right when you need damage reduction.

And, there are no traits which interact with the Cantrips to make them recharge sooner or have additional benefits. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

A cleanse every 30s which also loads you plenty of vulnerability is not a very good option. I does not matter how many conditions works on, with the current condition spam and damage 30s is simply too long. 

Most of the cantrips needs to have applied some CD reduction under specific circunstances like the cantrips Forests Fortification or Unnatural Transversal. 

Yup. 

I would like to see something like Smite Conditions. 20s CD which you can reduce to 16s and removes 3 conditions and deals damage. Or, just something like Antidote Signet from GW1, with a bit less conditionality and longer CD. Or Mending Touch for that matter.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, mistsim.2748 said:

Why not? Do a full cleanse with the cantrip, then cleanse the vuln if needed. For example, with Sigil of Cleansing.

A very good option would be to not have to use an extra condi cleanse to cleanse the condi that your condi cleanse skill puts on you. The system works well on Necro with Corruptions because Necro has access to plenty of transfers.

Why does it need to have a down side anyway? Contemplation of Purity is vastly better with only a 10s longer CD. Why could this not just convert all conditions into Resolution or 1 stack of Ferocious Symbiosis per condition removed?

Edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

That trait that removes conditions (Cleansing Unleash), 1 every 10 seconds seems kinda low for a selectable trait?

Also, I think they should take a look at ranger pets getting condition removal along with the ranger or bare minimum change every condition cleanse on base ranger (except Signet of Renewel) to also affect the pet.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Draeyon.4392 said:

That trait that removes conditions (Cleansing Unleash), 1 every 10 seconds seems kinda low for a selectable trait?

Also, I think they should take a look at ranger pets getting condition removal along with the ranger or bare minimum change every condition cleanse on base ranger (except Signet of Renewel) to also affect the pet.

When you compare it to Brawler's Recovery on Core Warrior (which is one condi per swap with a 4s CD and 5s weapon swap which can be reduced to 4s with Warrior Runes) it is sub par.

It annoys me that there are any traits at all that do not include the words "and your pet" on a pet class.

Edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

For Mutate Conditions: Reduce the condis cleansed to 4 and give it 2 charges IMO. 

Even better so the Cantrip functionality is consistent across the elite: CD is reduced by 1 second for each condition cleansed.  So if the untamed uses the cantrip to cleanse a couple of conditions it will not get as much benefits as cleansign a full condi bomb from the WvW frontlines.

I explained further improvementes in below link, either way this elite needs another iteration. 

• Like 2