Mechanist Feels Like A Whole New Class

Cisii.8317

1 minute ago, Silesium.5623 said:

well I see the bot have big numbers

You lose way more numbers taking it.

This elite spec is robbing us of 27 different skils we can put on our bars, just to get these mecha skills. Which were not even impressive.

And how the hell are skills like med kit going to function with it? Med kit on mechanist literally becomes a healing skill which is NOT healing the player? WTF?

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, MrForz.1953 said:

The spec is like Core but unreliable. The Tools trait probably is 100% incompatible with the spec, the 100s stuck with two trait lines and no toolbelt upon pet death is nice too. It looks fancy but good god it's trash. 😂

We called it, this is scrapper all over again. This spec will not have a place in any game environment until they have to unevitably rework it from the ground some years down the line.

Engineer gets no elite spec this expansion, this is the sad reality we have to deal with now.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Yeah, it's.. really dead on arrival. We don't gain anything for taking the Mech - we just lose, lose, lose. There is no bonus to the mech that makes it worth it, aside from one trait - Alacrity on Barrier application... but sacrificing the entirety of the universe just for that? No way is that worth it.

I'll check the spec out in five years. It'll take three for them to make it functional and five for them to finally give it a balancing pass that makes it useful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

-No condi cleanses
-No protection (for condi cleanses) (except for a 40s trait)
-Trash mainhand weapon
-Loss of toolbelt skills (loss of many important defensive skills for eg. no stunbreaker form elixir gun) in exchange for clumsy ai skills
This elite spec is even worse than core engineer lol.

Edited by santenal.1054
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, santenal.1054 said:

-No condi cleanses
-No protection (for condi cleanses) (except for a 40s trait)
-Trash mainhand weapon
-Loss of toolbelt skills (loss of many important defensive skills for eg. no stunbreaker form elixir gun) in exchange for clumsy ai skills
-This elite spec is even worse than core engineer lol

I especially loved how he made fun of the AI aimlessly walking around for no reason... they know very well that they suck hard at coding AI and they still went through with this.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Should have included OH mace, and been given weapon swap... and probably hammer and MH sword.  The inevitable nerf to OP mech skills will make Mechanist useless, because there will be no other options to fall back on.  Engineer needed variety and versatility, and despite being pretty, Mechanist looks to have further painted Engineer into a corner.

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Guess I called it huh?

True, I didn't believe that anet would make such a decision. It's like they have absolutely no clue how engineer functions. This is the most ridiculous trade off we have ever seen, no other class comes even remotely close to this kitten.

• Like 4

Just now, Kodama.6453 said:

True, I didn't believe that anet would make such a decision. It's like they have absolutely no clue how engineer functions. This is the most ridiculous trade off we have ever seen, no other class comes even remotely close to this kitten.

I don't know, 5s self root to charge a wet noodle is pretty bad. We'll see how it all plays in the beta.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I don't know, 5s self root to charge a wet noodle is pretty bad. We'll see how it all plays in the beta.

Sorry, but no, bladesworn is not even in the same ballpark. Mechanist just loses on basically everything. Bladesworn has the choice to charge up an attack for 5 seconds and gets tools to do this with aegis and the port. Mechanist has absolutely nothing to work with, it downgrades everything about us.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Sorry, but no, bladesworn is not even in the same ballpark. Mechanist just loses on basically everything. Bladesworn has the choice to charge up an attack for 5 seconds and gets tools to do this with aegis and the port. Mechanist has absolutely nothing to work with, it downgrades everything about us.

we all are biased mains xd

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Totally different gameplay. There is nothing like it in the game.

It's basically an inverted Soulbeast, the Mech is the Engineer now.  It inherits stats from its master. It triggers the core trait passives like Big Boomer by itself. It has a breakbar.  All the Engineer does is give commands to it and provide support damage.

Probably terrible in PvP/WvW mode, but I can see it being fun in open world and maybe even raids/strikes.

The long cooldown on death is a serious issue with how everything is based on the mech thought...and does it work underwater????

Edited by azarhal.3086
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Unless Core Engineer gets a rework as well,  I am not sure how Anet can get around messing up Engineer elites... because elites need tradeoffs, and Core Engineer was designed with excessive baked-in limitations leaving it with essentially nothing to trade off.  Limited Weapons, No Weapon Swap, Too much eating up Utility Slots, etc.

Toolbelt skills should have been retained and enhanced to have an additional mech skill... further diversifying mechs.  Equip a kit and the mech gets a version of that kit?

Edited by Random Wax Orc.7695
  • Like 1