• Tanky
    • Normal
    • Glass
  3. 3. WvW

• Tanky
    • Normal
    • Glass

• Cisii.8317 changed the title to [POLL] Survivability Of The Mech

It depends on your stat choices too but with full berserker gear my mech died in Vale Guardian Wing 1 several times even in ranged Power spec (bomb kit/grenade kit, force signet , rifle mechanist 3-3-3) , luckily i had overclock signet (Mech healthbar is 40.9K with 1K vit). In Gorseval it did not die but took huge amounts of damage, saw it drop to half health at times.

In WVW the health is less than ranger pets on average unless you are running more vitality than marauder. Condi spec isn't really viable in WVW unless you roam ; mechanist won't replace scrapper.

It's worthy of note default gear is not marauder + divinity rune similar to other power specs, it is soldier's + exuberance rune...

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2

I have found the only way for me not to die in 2 hit when wearing a full zerg armour is basically to run a kind of barrier + alac bot. Using Mace + Shield, going full melee with the Golem and Elixir for Quickness so I can do my auto attack chain faster and apply barrier and stack alac.

Faster alac means I can more or less spam my skill more often. Playing that way I can generate enough barrier for me and the golem to block like 5-6k worth of damage, maybe a bit more and if I combine it with supportive F skill from the golem and my dodge, I would say I can survive decently.

But if I want to play as a pure DPS Mecha while being alone, it is definitely more squishy than core engi, scrapper and holosmith.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Kaizoku.1298 said:

I didn't get a chance to actually play it yet so I was just wondering how tanky the mech is. There are people telling me that it's unkillable in PvP. 

It isn't that tanky, people has to figure out how to play against the mech. Specially weak against massive output of condis like rangers, elementalist and the list goes on can kill the mech with ease without targeting it just from aoe's, also heavy hiters like reapers or warriors can cc the mech fast and chop it down on just a matter of time.

Edited by Sifolstour.3210
error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kaizoku.1298 said:

It's extremely tanky in 1v1s. You can't just ignore the engi and attack the mech alone too so it ends up feeling like a 2v1 situation. 

It's really not. in sPvP it have like 27k-30k hp depending on your build. Any solid damage build will melt that in seconds, in special condition dmg builds.
Currently you match up in unranked where people play random yolo builds and test stuff. Many haven't understood they should just nuke the mech either. But I promise you the moment you get into the real matches a revenant or reaper will melt it in seconds.

As long as the mech can't do any dmg mitigation in anyway it won't stand a chance.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Amadeus.5687 said:

It's really not. in sPvP it have like 27k-30k hp depending on your build. Any solid damage build will melt that in seconds, in special condition dmg builds.
Currently you match up in unranked where people play random yolo builds and test stuff. Many haven't understood they should just nuke the mech either. But I promise you the moment you get into the real matches a revenant or reaper will melt it in seconds.

As long as the mech can't do any dmg mitigation in anyway it won't stand a chance.

I'm specifically talking about 1v1s with friends, they couldn't do anything to the mech.

They can't just attack it either since the mech does 3k autos to them and can use his skills that also have CC on them and also the mechanist is going to attack. 

They pretty much got out-damaged in every scenario. Power builds seem to be having a hard time with the mechanist in 1v1, maybe condis would destroy you but I haven't played against condi yet. 

6 minutes ago, Kaizoku.1298 said:

I'm specifically talking about 1v1s with friends, they couldn't do anything to the mech.

They can't just attack it either since the mech does 3k autos to them and can use his skills that also have CC on them and also the mechanist is going to attack. 

They pretty much got out-damaged in every scenario. Power builds seem to be having a hard time with the mechanist in 1v1, maybe condis would destroy you but I haven't played against condi yet. 

Could always tell your friend to try and abuse the pathfinding of the mech to get away from it, since it isn't able to follow nor pressure someone like an actual player can. So jumping off ledges, or playing hit and run like with a thief could probably neuter the mech in a 1v1 scenario.

5 minutes ago, Kaizoku.1298 said:

I have no idea about what build your friends play, but it is quite possible for sveral meta builds to burst mech in seconds, both power and condi.

Some builds even have enough CC to break the breakbar solo easy,  like revenant again. shuts it down for 5 seconds and free kill.

Auto attack on mech, in special the ranged one are overtuned dmg wise and will probaly be nerfed. It being able to nuke your friends does not make it tanky, just high dmg

43 minutes ago, Kaizoku.1298 said:

Just an example: Any condi weaver  (good or bad) can melt both of you the mech and the mechanist with ease.

This class needs some work maybe just take 1 set of major traitlines for the mech and let 2 sets open for other stuff. Another good option can be making the mech the elite skill. But i would prefer it to be just a suit that you get into it and fire inside it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Xenash.1245 said:

Could always tell your friend to try and abuse the pathfinding of the mech to get away from it, since it isn't able to follow nor pressure someone like an actual player can. So jumping off ledges, or playing hit and run like with a thief could probably neuter the mech in a 1v1 scenario.

Running away is useless in 1v1s as I customized the mech to be ranged and deals x2 3k autos and I don't have to chase them at all, not to mention I can just teleport too. 

5 minutes ago, Kaizoku.1298 said:

Personally I found that of all the traits, the ranged one is the strongest. 

From testing on golem it drops your passive Mech DPS from ~ 7K to ~4K if you run ranged trait.

It's quite possible why it feels strong in WVW/PVP damage-wise is maybe they didn't split the Mech damage , even if the active Commands are split.

Edited by Infusion.7149

19 minutes ago, Kaizoku.1298 said:

Running away is useless in 1v1s as I customized the mech to be ranged and deals x2 3k autos and I don't have to chase them at all, not to mention I can just teleport too. 

It's the same principle in running away from a rangers pet, as the npc won't jump off ledges you can force it took take long paths around a given area and theoretically neuter the engineer in turn if you play it right. Or he could try hugging corners and popping out to try and poke at you, while never full reveling himself so the mech has a hard time shooting him.