Wvw Rewards-Participation

SimulationOfLife.4657

1 minute ago, Ronin.4501 said:

INCORRECT.  You will ONLY get participation during a Defense event IF you kill a player during the event, and said participation will be for killing the player, NOT for defending.  Try repairing walls during a Defense event and when the timer ends, you'll get WXP for the event, but no participation.  I've tested it already several times since the update was released.

Yeah, I tested it several times too and also said people were incorrect as well, I even said the wiki was and has been incorrect for a couple of years, as repairing in a BL has only granted 5 mins since an update 2 years ago.  Then I tested Tuesdays patch in EBG.

Now I'm wondering if pre Tuesdays patch, if the BLs were the only ones reduced to 5 mins grace time, if post Tuesday the BLs were the only ones reduced to ZERO and if EBG has ALWAYS been 10 mins since the participation system was released.  Did they forget EBG or just choose to punish BL defenders for the last 2 years and no one noticed?  Or maybe people did, but through mis-information, confusion or redirection (like is happening here) it was swept under the rug and people just forgot.

Either way, if this is a change that people say they agree with, then it needs to be consistent across WVW and right now, it is not.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HazyDaisy.4107 said:

Yeah, I tested it several times too and also said people were incorrect as well, I even said the wiki was and has been incorrect for a couple of years, as repairing in a BL has only granted 5 mins since an update 2 years ago.  Then I tested Tuesdays patch in EBG.

Now I'm wondering if pre Tuesdays patch, if the BLs were the only ones reduced to 5 mins grace time, if post Tuesday the BLs were the only ones reduced to ZERO and if EBG has ALWAYS been 10 mins since the participation system was released.  Did they forget EBG or just choose to punish BL defenders for the last 2 years and no one noticed?  Or maybe people did, but through mis-information, confusion or redirection (like is happening here) it was swept under the rug and people just forgot.

Either way, if this is a change that people say they agree with, then it needs to be consistent across WVW and right now, it is not.

Yeah after reading your comments I'm wondering this myself.  I tested the participation several times but only on red bl; it didn't occur to me that the game might be rewarding different participation times on different maps.  I never realized that defense events on EBG gave 10 minutes of participation (I mostly avoid EBG) whereas they've always only given 5 minutes participation on the borderlands.

ANET STRIKES AGAIN!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ronin.4501 said:

The 10 minute participation you were getting was from the player kills made during the defense event, even before this update was made.  Defense events only ever rewarded 5 minutes of participation.

I get 10 min for killing a player and then 10 min again for the defense event. Maybe it is only when killing players during the defense, idk. But the claim that defense events don't grant participation at all is simply not true.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

I think it's Bronze-tier medal in the defence event that doesn't grant participation, cos it's happened a few times that i've not got anything on my timer. Silver and Gold both give the full 10mins though.

I just got Silver on a camp defense on Alpine Borderland. 10 minutes for the kill, nothing added for the defense event completion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Here's my experience so far from tonight.

Blue Alpine Borderland

Keep Defense (Repair Only): I had less than 2 minutes of grace time remaining. I repaired the gate with 22 supply. The repair did not affect the grace time. The defend event completed and that did not affect the grace time either.

Keep Defense (Kill Only): My grace time went up to 10 minutes after killing the attackers. The defend event completed just under 2 minutes later and my grace time did not go back up to 10 minutes.

Camp Defense (Kill Only): Same as above. The kill got me 10 minutes and the defend event completion did not.

Green Alpine Borderland

Keep Defense (Repair Only): Started with 4 minutes of grace time. I repaired the gate with 43 supply. No grace time from repair or completion of defense event.

Keep Defense (Kill Only): Killed enemy siege, giving me 5 minutes of grace time. Killed an enemy player after, giving me 10 minutes of grace time. Completion of the defense event, roughly 1 minute after the last kill, did not provide any additional grace time.

Tower Defense (Repair Only): Same result as keep defense.

Tower Defense (Kill Only): Same result as keep defense.

Camp Defense (Kill Only): 10 minutes from kill, nothing added from completion event.

Both Desert Borderland and Eternal Battlegrounds are queued right now, but will try those when I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1

I killed nobody on tower defence event and got Silver medal. I just blew the sup on repairing the damaged wall a couple of times, then wasted time going out the portal, attacking a bit, escaping back through portal. I definitely got participation because i was in the red, and i definitely got Silver.

The only times i've noticed myself not getting participation is when i get a Bronze.

• Confused 2

I tried to edit my post after this one, but for some reason couldn't. Reason for edit ? My info is derpy when I'm annoyed. Simply put I was trying to say; I was on a tag fighting, and even then my chance at consistent, or any, participation was iffy.  Also what's up with these emojis ? If you use them they don't go away even on edit ? Ack.  😩

Edited by SimulationOfLife.4657
  • Like 1

Red Desert Borderland

Keep Defense (Repair Only): Same as other borderlands. No grace period for repair itself or successful (gold) defense event completion.

Keep Defense (Kill Only): Same as other borderlands. 10 minutes grace for kill itself, nothing for defense event completion.

Eternal Battlegrounds

Keep Defense: (Repair Only): Had 6 minutes of grace time. Put 10 supply into wall. Bronze defense event completion yielded 10 minutes of grace time.

Tower Defense (Kill Only): Bronze defense event completion from one kill. Got 10 minutes grace period from both the kill and the event completion.

Failed Tower Defense (Repair Only): Put 10 supply into a wall. The enemy flipped it and I got 10 minutes of grace time with the failed defend event completion.

Thus, my experience matches HazyDaisy's. Defense event completion (regardless of Bronze, Silver, or Gold) on borderlands does not provide grace time. Defense event completion, successful or failed, on EBG grants 10 minutes of grace time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Sviel.7493 said:

You're probably getting the usual 10 minutes for kill credit on a player.  Or perhaps kills are now the only way to get credit in defense events--that seems unusual, but would be an equally poor change.

That is correct, unless you are in EBG, EBG still rewards you for repairing (when under attack). Unlike all other maps. If you are not on EBG, kills and camp flipping is now the Only way to get grace time. Outside of you zerging a keep or tower. 

• Sad 2