What Do You Think is Anet's Least Favourite Class

K THEN.5162

@Jinks.2057 said:

@"GoZero.9708" said:Today's patch proves that it is indeed Revenant that is the least favored child. It is the second balance patch in a row where its vital traits for certain builds were completely rewritten but this time it was during a patch that was mainly rolled out to curb the abuse of condition burst and it was a trait that hugely benefited
POWER
builds.

Bzzt Wrong!

Anet just killed stealth stacking for thieves

Nope wrong, literally nothing about that in the patch.

read em again

maybe you can keep up the "I used to play thief" facade a wee bit longer

Nothing. You are wrong.

Maybe you can keep up the "I know anything about this game" facade longer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@"GoZero.9708" said:Today's patch proves that it is indeed Revenant that is the least favored child. It is the second balance patch in a row where its vital traits for certain builds were completely rewritten but this time it was during a patch that was mainly rolled out to curb the abuse of condition burst and it was a trait that hugely benefited
POWER
builds.

Bzzt Wrong!

read em again

Nothing. You are wrong.

How does a thief stack stealth?

@GoZero.9708 said:Today's patch proves that it is indeed Revenant that is the least favored child. It is the second balance patch in a row where its vital traits for certain builds were completely rewritten but this time it was during a patch that was mainly rolled out to curb the abuse of condition burst and it was a trait that hugely benefited POWER builds.

You got buffs, minor maybe. Ele got Condi nerfs and direct damage nerfs to EVERY build bar one, and that build barely affected...

@Jinks.2057 said:

POWER
builds.

Bzzt Wrong!

read em again

Nothing. You are wrong.

Leaping through smoke fields, blasting smoke fields, shadow refuge, traited steal, blinding powder, cloak and dagger, blinding tuft and other stolen objects, traited rifle 5, hide in shadows, trapper runes.

None of which were nerfed so please tell me why your world is ending.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

POWER
builds.

Bzzt Wrong!

read em again

Nothing. You are wrong.

Leaping through smoke fields.

I don't think anyone can spell it out anymore for you.

You're welcome?

@Jinks.2057 said:

POWER
builds.

Bzzt Wrong!

read em again

Nothing. You are wrong.

You're welcome?

Oh noooo 3 heart seekers instead of 4.

Reducing d/p stealth stacking potential is actually extremely healthy because that weapon set single handedly destroys every other thief weapon set. And that change only affects dash since Bound can still dodge in smoke fields for more movement control. And even then, as a dash d/p monkey, I almost never have enough initiative to do the whole 4 heart seekers, only when out of combat really.

So no, no real nerf \o/ you're welcome to cry more tears though they are awesome

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

POWER
builds.

Bzzt Wrong!

read em again

Nothing. You are wrong.

You're welcome?

dash d/p monkey

You still have zero clue and I trimmed your post down to highlight what is needed to be known about you.

Try again bra

@Jinks.2057 said:

POWER
builds.

Bzzt Wrong!

read em again

Nothing. You are wrong.

You're welcome?

dash d/p monkey

You still have zero clue and I trimmed your post down to highlight what is needed to be known about you.

Try again bra

"NO YOU HAVE ZERO CLUE

HAHA LOOK AT MY COMMENT"

Good on you for addressing my valid points though. /s

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

POWER
builds.

Bzzt Wrong!

read em again

Nothing. You are wrong.

You're welcome?

dash d/p monkey

Try again bra

"NO YOU HAVE ZERO CLUE

HAHA LOOK AT MY COMMENT"

Good on you for addressing my valid points though. /s

I did and summed it up to what's needed to understand your PoV

@Arheundel.6451 said:WTH are necros complaining about? Like on what planet did I arrive?

-WvW : necro meta since launch filling roughly 30-40% of any zerg from T1 to end-PvP : necro is meta since launch....double used in most teams..they still cry for buffs

PVE. Come on, even if you don't PVE much, you should still know that. And before you say we should be happy at being amazing in PVP/WvW, I notice you voted Elementalist, so clearly, being one of the top DPS in raids hasn't made you happy. Having voted Necro, I do have to say, after more thought , the vote probably should go to either Revanents or Engineers.

@Eltiana.9420 said:

@Arheundel.6451 said:WTH are necros complaining about? Like on what planet did I arrive?

-WvW : necro meta since launch filling roughly 30-40% of any zerg from T1 to end-PvP : necro is meta since launch....double used in most teams..they still cry for buffs

PVE. Come on, even if you don't PVE much, you should still know that. And before you say we should be happy at being amazing in PVP/WvW, I notice you voted Elementalist, so clearly, being one of the top DPS in raids hasn't made you happy. Having voted Necro, I do have to say, after more thought , the vote probably should go to either Revanents or Engineers.

Necros haven't had it bad in PvE either. I sincerely remember Necro-only groups in Fractals for a period of about 6 months. They're still highly desirable in Fracs, especially on condi teams (epidemic anyone?)

It's a tough call but I'm inclined to think thief. Not so much because of its strength/weakness but because ANet literally did not have a single developer playing the professions for the first two years of the game's release, and many of the huge design oversights that released with the class have not only gone unaddressed, but also been a basis for massive powercreep for other professions. They keep also really giving it terrible elite specs. DrD pretty much made thief all about spam, and DE is horrendously-designed as though no conceptual thought went into it.

Rev is probably second. I think it's pretty much the new thief which didn't see any attempts to properly tweak it until nearly two years after it came out. My guess is ANet just doesn't want to put in the effort to re-design it (since it needs so much work) or admit that it sucks.

There's definitely a hate against shroud necros, though. I stopped bothering playing after the LF drain nerf in RS because I based my entire build on shroud and RS's mobility.

Hands down . . . ranger. Every patch, we always expect massive nerfs of some kind. It always comes as a relief when they're either minor or less than devastating. Honestly, and I include myself in this equation, I'm surprised anyone stayed with that class since the beginning.

Yes, some classes are now feeling the bat, but rangers felt the nerfs within days of the release. Yes, after one beta test. That's not love in my book. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Revenant obviously. The latest elite spec is such a mess that I dont think they even worked with passion on that one. All other specs were cool tho.

Otherwise, rev was pretty cool. However the fact that they made it condi/corrupt meta without adding any cleanse tho for rev shows how much love there is for our stealthless thief.

Well, they were going to make revenant a no-swap weapon, but when they finally went with swap, they didn't complete their weapon set to match that.

So now core revenant can't go Ranged/Ranged or Condition/Condition because it's missing a 1h condition ranged weapon, like a throwing axe or something. And they only have 1 underwater weapon, which makes swapping spears underwater pretty much pointless except for on swap sigils.

They can't also use most legends underwater.

Now, if they got a 1h ranged condition weapon, trident and the missing legends udnerwater, we'd be golden.

Lots of nonsensical nerfs just for the lulz like the removal of the ricochet trait or the most recent change to the vulnerability trait which ruined one of the only kinds of team support thief was still able to provide. Some builds already have ~half the dps of the average damage dealer and people are still calling for nerfs because they don't understand that something being somewhat viable in low level play is not an indicator of whether or not it's actually good.

Archived