Is this a unique skill, or are there others like it?

lightstalker.1498

Ray of Judgement

It operates like condition damage, over time, but it is power, and once it lands there is nothing you can do to negate except to dodge the pulses.  Are there any other power skills that operate like this and you can fire and forget while the enemy panics to get rid of their pulsing doom? It literally locks on and pulses no matter how far you head out from my own observation. I guess it could be called power over time, XD.

Edited by lightstalker.1498

53 minutes ago, lightstalker.1498 said:

Ray of Judgement

It operates like condition damage, over time, but it is power, and once it lands there is nothing you can do to negate except to dodge the pulses.  Are there any other power skills that operate like this and you can fire and forget while the enemy panics to get rid of their pulsing doom? It literally locks on and pulses no matter how far you head out from my own observation. I guess it could be called power over time, XD.

Guardian GS 5 does a similar thing where it pulses a power damage dot in a similar fashion to RoJ, but that is the only other one that I can think of.

1 hour ago, lightstalker.1498 said:

Ray of Judgement

Mad king runes.
Any Long lasting power damage aoe that your in the middle of like LB 5 or what ever arrow rain is on ranger. What ever that skill is revs do where they teleport around you and hit you a million times while invul (they can make this unblockable how fun). Anyone with channeled moving combo like Warrior and thief spin to wins if they have SS or swiftness your not getting out unless you have an exceptional dodge mechanic like thief or mirage.

Edited by Genesis.5169

See, this exactly illustrates why we see a QQ thread about conditions every other day.

Give them a choice between 4.5k damage instantly vs 9x 500 damage ticks for a total of 4.5k, its the same total damage, and yet while this guy would probably accept being hit for 4.5k damage in one hit, having to sit and watch it after the fact triggers him really hard: "fire and forget while the enemy panics to get rid of their pulsing doom".

Just doesn't make any sense, since receiving the damage over time is better for you in every way. It gives you more chances to deal with it after being hit, by healing, in this case by blocking/evading, or in the case of condis by cleansing. It's literally designed to be easier for you to cope with, but it triggers people so much more.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

See, this exactly illustrates why we see a QQ thread about conditions every other day.

Give them a choice between 4.5k damage instantly vs 9x 500 damage ticks for a total of 4.5k, its the same total damage, and yet while this guy would probably accept being hit for 4.5k damage in one hit, having to sit and watch it after the fact triggers him really hard: "fire and forget while the enemy panics to get rid of their pulsing doom".

Just doesn't make any sense, since receiving the damage over time is better for you in every way. It gives you more chances to deal with it after being hit, by healing, in this case by blocking/evading, or in the case of condis by cleansing. It's literally designed to be easier for you to cope with, but it triggers people so much more.

I'd love the old focus 4 back tbh.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

I don't think this is the topic I am looking for, friend. I want to find more attacks like this, because it cannot be cleared like condi. I take joy in knowing the irritation an enemy feels when they have taken a misstep, and this comes from experience of having felt it myself. But, you give and take in pvp. Condi or power will really be up to the last second before the match starts, as I like to remove the chance for counter-swaps by swapping at the last possible second. Though, I have flubbed it a few times and been locked out of the match, XD.

5 hours ago, lightstalker.1498 said:

I don't think this is the topic I am looking for, friend. I want to find more attacks like this, because it cannot be cleared like condi. I take joy in knowing the irritation an enemy feels when they have taken a misstep, and this comes from experience of having felt it myself. But, you give and take in pvp. Condi or power will really be up to the last second before the match starts, as I like to remove the chance for counter-swaps by swapping at the last possible second. Though, I have flubbed it a few times and been locked out of the match, XD.

Druid staff 2, ranger warhorn 4 and mad king runes.