Really upset you cant buy PoF on sale now!

8 hours ago, Rogue.8235 said:

from one of our participating retailers.."  (emphasis added).

I'm not sure what's going on in the background, but the emphasized part indicates that there exists a possibility that not all retailers wanted to participate in the sale. 

That's basically just a standard disclaimer to avoid running into trouble in places with strong consumer protection laws. You will find a line like that pretty much in every sales ad over here in countries of the European Union.

53 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Amazon US is still offering Standard Path of Fire at discount.  So, which is the end-date of the sale, Nov. 29th or Dec. 31st? 

After a quick glance at other stores it seems that Dec. 31st is correct. Most of the stores in Europe also continue the sale of PoF while gem cards are back to the regular price. Gameliebe.com explicitly states the end as Dec. 31st, changed from Nov. 29th that they displayed yesterday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, unsung.2938 said:

Do you know how much the POF digital deluxe price is when its on sale? Is the digital deluxe worth it over the standard edition?

Thanks

unsung

It's $27.50 right now on sale. 

Deluxe includes:

• Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire
  • Free Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
  • Living World: The Icebrood Saga  (Only the last Episode)
  • Max-Level Boost and a Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass
  • Additional Character Slot, an Identity Repair Kit, and a Sunspear Outfit

1 minute ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's $27.50 right now on sale. 

Deluxe includes:

• Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire
  • Free Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
  • Living World: The Icebrood Saga  (Only the last Episode)
  • Max-Level Boost and a Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass
  • Additional Character Slot, an Identity Repair Kit, and a Sunspear Outfit

Is $27.50 the sale price? Is it worth $12.50 more than the standard edition? It only add Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass, additional character slot, identity repair kit, and Sunspear Outfit (could I get it any other way (gem store))?---from the regular standard edition. I'm asking because I'm a returning player and not sure what everything is worth. Also I read that Amazon POF contain HOT but when I read questions and answers below, people have said it doesn't contain HOT? This is important because their is no return policy on digital items. Could you please clarify?

Lastly, why is the OP saying there is no sales, when the sales is currently up? Is he/she outside of the U.S?

Thanks

unsung

16 minutes ago, unsung.2938 said:

Is $27.50 the sale price? Is it worth $12.50 more than the standard edition? It only add Lily of the Elon Permanent Pass, additional character slot, identity repair kit, and Sunspear Outfit (could I get it any other way (gem store))?---from the regular standard edition. I'm asking because I'm a returning player and not sure what everything is worth. Also I read that Amazon POF contain HOT but when I read questions and answers below, people have said it doesn't contain HOT? This is important because their is no return policy on digital items. Could you please clarify?

Lastly, why is the OP saying there is no sales, when the sales is currently up? Is he/she outside of the U.S?

Thanks

unsung

You can buy a character slot with gems converted from gold  at 800 gems(about 220-260 gold) depending if you buy the character slot itself on sale or not. Buying it with real money would be $10, and about $8 during gem store sales.

You can also get the Deluxe upgrade with gems too (2400 gems). I don't think anything in that is worth that though. The pass can be handy but you can also get other standalone passes on the gem store from time to time.

A max level boost can come in handy if you want to roll a new character. (do not buy that on the gem store) it is convenient.

I don't recommend it unless you have no other sale going on. If you can buy regular for $15, do it.

Heart of Thorns is free with Path of Fire. In the event that didn't happen, you can contact support

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/115010688287-Guild-Wars-2-Path-of-Fire-FAQ

Q: Is Heart of Thorns included when I buy Path of Fire?

A: Yes. As of August 30th, all purchases of Path of Fire will include the Heart of Thorns expansion as well.

Users who purchased the Path of Fire expansion prior to August 30th will also receive receive Heart of Thorns free of charge when logging into the game. 

Also the Amazon.us link explicitly states https://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Path-Fire-Online/dp/B074KLPK3R/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=guild+wars+2+path+of+fire&qid=1638568489&sr=8-2

it has Path of Fire, and Amazon Q&A is filled with morons typically. In this case, some of the answers are outdated as it did not originally come with HoT.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

You can buy a character slot with gems converted from gold  at 800 gems(about 220-260 gold) depending if you buy it on sale or not. Buying it with real money would be $10

You can also get the Deluxe upgrade with gems too (2400 gems). I don't think anything in that is worth that though.

A max level boost can come in handy if you want to roll a new character. (do not buy that on the gem store) it is convenient.

I don't recommend it unless you have no other sale going on.

The max level boost also applies to the standard edition correct? Do you know if the EOD expansion pack also include POF and HOT in it? I saw it somewhere on the GW2 website, but not sure if you would have to wait till EOD is release to access HOT/POF?

5 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There is a 'collection' of EoD, Hot and PoF for $49.99 (Standard) from the GuildWars2 site.  When purchased, you will unlock Heart of Thorns and Path of Fire immediately and End of Dragons at release.  Max Level Boost is included in Standard Editions.

https://buy.guildwars2.com/en-us

Do you know if I can redeem the code on the website instead of inside the game client/game? I won't be able to log into Guild Wars 2 at home due to internet speed. I just want to make sure it actually work and don't want to miss this sale. With that said, the extra character slot is making rethink to get the deluxe edition, especially now with specialization. Speaking of specialization, can I switch specialization at any time or is it pernament? I had the maximum character slots that was allowed in Guild Wars 1, and plan to do the same for Guild Wars 2. I do want one character for each professions in the game, and leveling will be faster now with mounts.

Moreover, what happen to the Path of Fire Ultimate edition? Is it available anywhere?

Thanks

unsung

42 minutes ago, unsung.2938 said:

The max level boost also applies to the standard edition correct? Do you know if the EOD expansion pack also include POF and HOT in it? I saw it somewhere on the GW2 website, but not sure if you would have to wait till EOD is release to access HOT/POF?

Yea the max level boost is there normally, so scratch that.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Path_of_Fire

Collector's edition seems interesting too. It would mean you buy PoF/HoT @ $20 and EoD at regular price plus a few small extras.

And yea, you always redeem game  codes at the website.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

3 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Path of Fire (including Heart of Thorns) no longer offers Ultimate Edition.

~70 Character slots are available.

You can change any Elite Specialization you have unlocked on each Profession at any time.

You redeem the Serial Key/Code at 'My Account' (link below).

70 character slots is INSANE and AMAZING at the same time! Is the redeem code the same one I use to redeem my heroic edition code on the official website?

Lastly, outfit is account wide correct? Can you dye your outfit, and if so, does that bind to your character (no longer account wide)? Same question for regular armor sets.

Just now, unsung.2938 said:

70 character slots is INSANE and AMAZING at the same time! Is the redeem code the same one I use to redeem my heroic edition code on the official website?

Lastly, outfit is account wide correct? Can you dye your outfit, and if so, does that bind to your character (no longer account wide)? Same question for regular armor sets.

You can have up to 70 slots, but it does not mean you have 70 slots; you must buy extra ones. You only start with 5 by default.

16 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Yea the max level boost is there normally, so scratch that.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Path_of_Fire

Collector's edition seems interesting too. It would mean you buy PoF/HoT @ $20 and EoD at regular price plus a few small extras.

And yea, you always redeem game  codes at the website.

I can't decide between POF deluxe edition or EOD collection standard? I just realize what the pass actually does---and that is very important for a returning player like myself. I am looking at the gem store on wiki so I can better understand their pricing model in comparsion to $. Character slot is a must for me and its the one aspect of any MMO that I'm willing to spend real money on.

Edited by unsung.2938

8 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can find the answers to all your questions, and more, in the Wiki (link above). :classic_smile:

Yeah sorry about that, I enjoy interacting with the Guild Wars community. I do research a lot on my own, just not enough it seem. I edited and deleted some questions after finding more info about it on the wiki. I do wish you could get an extra level 80 boost and share inventory slot with POF, but I understand it probably isn't fair to those that bought HOT on their own.

Another interesting tidbit I found on the wiki is that most of the exciting addition to Guild Wars 2 happened in 2016, about 4 years after I left the game. I really wish specialization was in the game from the very beginning, because that what made Guild Wars 1 so much fun to experiment and allow multiple uses even with the same main class. I had 3 warriors for GW1 for different purposes.

• 11 months later...

Its like with any offers in the world some people see them and buy them, some cant afford them at the time they exist and when they have money the offers are gone, some buy the product for full price and 2 weeks later or so an special offer suddenly appears… all happens everyday with every company out there.

a friend of mine had no cash when the episodes where on special sale, now he bought them for full price just to see that anet announced they do a complete collection sale in november. Maybe that will come good offer for you?

thats life.