Nobody asked me

Balsa.3951

I hear the Ministry has come forward in reaction with new legislation to mandate all new civic construction be in a classical style. Queen Jennah has threatened to veto as soon as the new law reaches her desk.

There are rumors that the same business leaders that oversaw the rebuilding of Lion's Arch into Seaworld: Tyria Edition had lead an extensive lobbying campaign to pressure the Queen into the replacement of those statues. Evidence leads through several shell companies that those same leaders profited from their replacement.

The new Asuran social media network, just recently patched into Divinity Reach's waypoint system bringing access to the human capitol for the first time, has exploded in outrage both against and in favor of the replacement. Pundits predict that the viral firestorm will last approximately three days and will be replaced by new outrage over fake news propagated by shady Charr media groups that exposure to the Ley Line Network causes elder dragon worship.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I heard this administrative petition was long ago added as a rider to a low importance bill about public sanitation improvement, by someone with interests in local sculpture manufacture. And it went out of sanitation commitee recently after a round of voting at which most commitee members were half-asleep. And of course everything that comes out of that commitee gets approved without reading, as no councillor wants to be caught discussing sanitation in public.

Since the money were already spent and the statues were replaced before anyone noticed anything is happening, we fully expect for everyone to act as if it was a truly intended project that is vastly important for the community at large. Or, more probably, to just never mention the issue again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It seems Travelers were sitting on and around the statues on their mounts causing damage and a mess in the area Due to Contract Negotiations for overtime for cleaning and maintenance of the statues and the area around them with Krytan Service Workers Union (KSWU) The Ministry decided to replace the Watchknight Statues in the Crown Pavilion with Holographic projections, at the suggestion of the Arcane Council with a multi-year lease on the projectors thus a savings in money for the Residents of Divinity's Reach.

The College of Synergetics did not get the proper data to program the first generation of the Watchknight's from the College of Statics, so the College of Dynamics took and tested the projectors to the Black Citadel to work with Iron Legion engineers to stabilize the equipment to keep it from exploding from Ley Energy power surges 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I hear the Ministry has come forward in reaction with new legislation to mandate all new civic construction be in a classical style. Queen Jennah has threatened to veto as soon as the new law reaches her desk.

There are rumors that the same business leaders that oversaw the rebuilding of Lion's Arch into Seaworld: Tyria Edition had lead an extensive lobbying campaign to pressure the Queen into the replacement of those statues. Evidence leads through several shell companies that those same leaders profited from their replacement.

The new Asuran social media network, just recently patched into Divinity Reach's waypoint system bringing access to the human capitol for the first time, has exploded in outrage both against and in favor of the replacement. Pundits predict that the viral firestorm will last approximately three days and will be replaced by new outrage over fake news propagated by shady Charr media groups that exposure to the Ley Line Network causes elder dragon worship.

8 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I heard this administrative petition was long ago added as a rider to a low importance bill about public sanitation improvement, by someone with interests in local sculpture manufacture. And it went out of sanitation commitee recently after a round of voting at which most commitee members were half-asleep. And of course everything that comes out of that commitee gets approved without reading, as no councillor wants to be caught discussing sanitation in public.

Since the money were already spent and the statues were replaced before anyone noticed anything is happening, we fully expect for everyone to act as if it was a truly intended project that is vastly important for the community at large. Or, more probably, to just never mention the issue again.

3 hours ago, zityz.6089 said:

If you ask me it's the Divinity's Reach decorative guidelines committee who is out of date! If it was a team of Asurans on the job, they would have forgone the Watch Knight Mark II and replaced them with the Golem Mark II's instead! Outrage I tells ya!

5 hours ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

It seems Travelers were sitting on and around the statues on their mounts causing damage and a mess in the area Due to Contract Negotiations for overtime for cleaning and maintenance of the statues and the area around them with Krytan Service Workers Union (KSWU) The Ministry decided to replace the Watchknight Statues in the Crown Pavilion with Holographic projections, at the suggestion of the Arcane Council with a multi-year lease on the projectors thus a savings in money for the Residents of Divinity's Reach.

The College of Synergetics did not get the proper data to program the first generation of the Watchknight's from the College of Statics, so the College of Dynamics took and tested the projectors to the Black Citadel to work with Iron Legion engineers to stabilize the equipment to keep it from exploding from Ley Energy power surges 

These posts are why I read the forums.  

I am owed a new keyboard for the unanticipated laughter while taking a drink.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2