Can we get some kind of compensation?

5 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Ok, so stop playing until next Friday...got it.  

If they put the bonus this week people would be mad they are "forced" to play the beta to get the bonus. This way you can get the bonus in a normal wvw week and not feel unduly burdened to stick around this week if it's really that painful for an individual to play with the bugs etc.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

The next time there is a no downed state event I have to remember to request 1000g in damages for the emotional anguish and suffering caused by a thief killing me without me going down first. 

I mean they kill me all the time in every matchup and sometimes drop catas but during no downed state events it is different so compensation is a given.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5

8 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Essentially we are unpaid QA for an entire week, and they aren't even running a bonus event.  Is it possible to get one going, or something to keep us being testers? Or should we just stop playing until next Friday?

Don't ask such things, free season of the dragons swag is only for PvE players 😉

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The next time there is a no downed state event I have to remember to request 1000g in damages for the emotional anguish and suffering caused by a thief killing me without me going down first. 

I mean they kill me all the time in every matchup and sometimes drop catas but during no downed state events it is different so compensation is a given.

You should probably request 1000g in damages for Stockholm Syndrome if you can't see how this WvW 'beta' is different than a no down state event.  

My request is just run the participation event two weeks in a row; as right now your 'testers' are the ones that won't stop playing WvW even if they changed it to RBL only and created the second coming of EoTM.  

It's not even being pedantic either.  The end goal of this forced beta test is a system that should have been here years ago and is only now getting focus to sell an expansion.  At least reward the loyal...

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

It's not even being pedantic either.  The end goal of this forced beta test is a system that should have been here years ago and is only now getting focus to sell an expansion.  At least reward the loyal...

So if the same beta test came two years ago with the same problems and mostly likely no bonus week, you would have been fine without compensation then?

Also alliances isn't part of the expansion, it's a base change of wvw that affects all level of accounts, sure it might create some hype for the game, but the expansion is not needed for alliances anyways. The new elite specs is what they would have to try and sell the expansion with... which ain't looking too hot for them...

If you can't handle the beta test then take the week off, your bonus week will be next week.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

So if the same beta test came two years ago with the same problems and mostly likely no bonus week, you would have been fine without compensation then?

Also alliances isn't part of the expansion, it's a base change of wvw that affects all level of accounts, sure it might create some hype for the game, but the expansion is not needed for alliances anyways. The new elite specs is what they would have to try and sell the expansion with... which ain't looking too hot for them...

If you can't handle the beta test then take the week off, your bonus week will be next week.

I guess it depends on the nature of it.  The Desert BL beta was out a few years ago and that one was fine because everything worked but the map design was too huge.  

This would be more fine to me if they were testing the actual alliance part and it somewhat worked.  What we have is ridiculous, with teams switching each time you change BLs, guild being spread apart, objectives on the map appearing incorrect colors, etc. etc.  Compound that with them adding the outnumbered change before they could ensure outnumbered would be a thing of the past...

Really what grinds my gears is they can't beta test this without us, they've said that much themselves.  They also aren't rewarding in any way for us still playing through all this, so to me it almost seems as if they don't care about anything but the results.  If that's fine for some, great, but I'd figure I'd voice my opinion that a little bonus event or something for putting up with all the insanity would be nice.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Roll Sentinel Stats and laugh when they blow their CDs and fail to kill you. Works for me every time I do it.

• Confused 1