WvW what did they do its complete garbage now

WvW what did they do its complete garbage now . there is like 5 people on it 10 if your lucky might as well just play PvP. this just gets me more excited about Ashes of Creation is that what there trying to do. its complete rubbish. every time they make a change to it now its for the worse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Again, this is a temporary beta, and they're literally going to roll it back tomorrow. I'm sure you can hold out another 24 hours, I believe in you.

More importantly, they aren't testing matchmaking yet. If teams are still unbalanced when they do, then it's time to panic... or play another game mode for the rest of that week because, again, these events only last a week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Hmm, I wish someone would tell me which game company is paying all these doomsayers to log into the forum to run down a perfectly fine game. I mean, I could do Chicken Little as well as anyone and the extra income would be nice. Consider this my audition tape, whichever game company you are...

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING! Tyria is doomed, I say, doomed. Anet did this horrible thing (insert the horrible thing of the week) and all the GW2 players are running for the exits! Get out before it's too late! Run, run I say to (insert whichever game is paying for this message) where you will be loved and coddled the way you deserve, and your every dream will come true!

Been playing this game for four years now and there have been an unending stream of gloom and doom posts on this forum predicting the imminent demise of this game. Hopefully my audition tape here will be good enough to get me hired as one of those seemingly endless numbers of paid Chicken Littles.  🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, AMOON.5248 said:

its has been 110% dead there on avg 10 people on the server match up we have.  the whole ten people all sent in complaints 

Even the lowest ranked team for the combined regions have a 54k activity rating (kills+deaths). Those 10 avg peeps been busy.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

not a doomsayer been playing this game since launch and yes there was only 10 to 15 players the whole week on the server i was on for the 3 hours i was on. im glade to hear this is temporary thing.  zero confusion so with that being said its you whom are the fowl . your four years isn't even half the time i have been playing GW2 but i assuming your a wow player you have that entitled arrogance of one.; i personally liked this game better when there where few servers and a que there was always large scale battles going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AMOON.5248 said:

not a doomsayer been playing this game since launch and yes there was only 10 to 15 players the whole week on the server i was on for the 3 hours i was on. im glade to hear this is temporary thing.  zero confusion so with that being said its you whom are the fowl . your four years isn't even half the time i have been playing GW2 but i assuming your a wow player you have that entitled arrogance of one.; i personally liked this game better when there where few servers and a que there was always large scale battles going on.

Sigh, I was thinking that I let my snark get carried away too far in my last post. You are right, it does read like arrogance.  I apologize for that and am going back to erase it.

• Confused 1

Another thing that should be considered to have a not too small effect on how the population within this beta turned out: 

Judging from the forums, many players already had the mindset of "this system is garbage" even before it was implemented for testing. Probably a not too small amount dodged the whole week , resulting in lower active player-counts during the beta. And also judging from the forums, a lot of these people then complain about the system not working, while not even fully understanding either what this beta was about (test of building teams out of guilds and random players, and how balanced they are) and what it was NOT about (alliances, matchmaking). Heck, it wasn´t even promised that the system actually works. Because the point of a beta is to test if it works, or if not, what went wrong. 

And the number of people that complained because they "missed the memo" of the test is ridiculous (not because the people missed that, but because these exact people clearly had no interest to stay up-to-date with world restructuring in the first place, while still complaining afterwards).

Like i said in like 10 different threads about this already: yes, ANet should have made at least a small notification (e.g. a "!" in the WvW-Menu popping up) inGame, but the main way of communication from the Devs to the Players has ALWAYS been the forums and the blog. It´s the way to go since release, and the people that actually care about content, updates and info about the game know that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 12/10/2021 at 4:35 AM, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

Riiiiiiiiight, because seeing only 5-10 active players NEVER happens in the normal server structure. 

Hi hi, most often I do my WvW dailies in the morning without seeing any enemy player in normal WvW- So I usually drop (or leave it for the evening) the kill 3 of them, it takes to long to find them.

Edited by Dayra.7405

4 hours ago, Custodio.6134 said:

Another thing that should be considered to have a not too small effect on how the population within this beta turned out: 

Judging from the forums, many players already had the mindset of "this system is garbage" even before it was implemented for testing. Probably a not too small amount dodged the whole week , resulting in lower active player-counts during the beta. And also judging from the forums, a lot of these people then complain about the system not working, while not even fully understanding either what this beta was about (test of building teams out of guilds and random players, and how balanced they are) and what it was NOT about (alliances, matchmaking). Heck, it wasn´t even promised that the system actually works. Because the point of a beta is to test if it works, or if not, what went wrong. 

And the number of people that complained because they "missed the memo" of the test is ridiculous (not because the people missed that, but because these exact people clearly had no interest to stay up-to-date with world restructuring in the first place, while still complaining afterwards).

Like i said in like 10 different threads about this already: yes, ANet should have made at least a small notification (e.g. a "!" in the WvW-Menu popping up) inGame, but the main way of communication from the Devs to the Players has ALWAYS been the forums and the blog. It´s the way to go since release, and the people that actually care about content, updates and info about the game know that. 

Fair enough but really a beta on top of the core game should have left the core game functioning instead of messing it up so you could not see what is captured on your own maps

1 hour ago, Hell and Back.5170 said:

Fair enough but really a beta on top of the core game should have left the core game functioning instead of messing it up so you could not see what is captured on your own maps

then explain to me: how are you supposed to test a complete rework of the very core of the system, without breaking the system?

It´s a system you simply cannot fully simulate in an enclosed testing environment. You can be sure ANet did simulations and tests outside of the "real" game, because they literally patched in the system and ran it on a mirror-server using live-data. And if they knew beforehand what is broken (especially the issues with players getting assigned the wrong teams and display issues) they probably would have fixed it before announcing the test as long as it was game-breaking. 
And even IF ANet knew about the issues with captures on the map, the wrong displays were only a minor inconvenience in the end if you looked closely. Heck, some of these display issues (e.g. the WvW Menu) even got fixed "on the fly". All the supply-crates still showed the correct color, that´s something the players figured out pretty quickly. This was an easy temporary solution, especially because it´s just one week, and not an issue of such scale to completely delay the beta once again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2021 at 5:14 PM, AMOON.5248 said:

WvW what did they do its complete garbage now . there is like 5 people on it 10 if your lucky might as well just play PvP. this just gets me more excited about Ashes of Creation is that what there trying to do. its complete rubbish. every time they make a change to it now its for the worse.

Alliances will kill WvW. Everybody knows it. Including Anet. This probably why they been delaying it so long. Such a bad game design decision this late into the game's life after communities have already been built.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1