Poll to Beta test including demographic. (multiple choice poll)

A more accurate poll to Beta alliance  

461 members have voted

1. 1. Multiple vote system. Select if it applies to you.

• I was aware that beta was happening
    • I wasn't aware beta was going to happen
    • I'm part of a Guild that participated in an alliance guild(we made a new guild to get the alliance guilds to participate in beta together)
    • I'm part of a guild but we did not have an alliance guild (aka going solo RNG see whats gonna happen)
    • Did not go with a guild (regardless if you're in a guild or not)
    • I understood it was a beta test and had realistic expectations
    • I did not know what to expect
    • I enjoyed the beta it overall
    • Did not enjoy the beta overall
    • Neutral towards the beta
    • Anet should just ditch this
    • I'm keen to see how alliance full release will look like
    • I'm a blob/zerg player
    • I'm a roamer
    • Just here for pips TBH

2 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Depends on what people think they are testing. Technically it is alpha by definition, if you look at the final product - features arent implemented. Entire parts of the code isnt there, very critical code at that. You cant just fix the bugs and call it the alliance matchup system.

No. Full stop. I'm not going to give misinterpretations more value and weight than the literal facts given by the developers. Not a chance. What anyone thinks they were doing vs. what they were actually doing is irrelevant in this case because their lack of awareness had no bearing on the outcomes. Either the systems worked or they didn't.

There is no reason to conflate Alliances with World Restructuring. They are not the same thing and only related in so much as the ideas came about around the same time because we had to solve how to make Alliances possible. The current world sorting and matchmaking can't support it, new systems had to be made to handle the tasks. That is what world restructuring is - literally restructuring how the game sorts people in to worlds and creates matches. And THAT is what we were beta testing, exactly as the Anet news post said.  

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

My problem with this beta was, that it worked, and I DID NOT LIKE the result. It was worse than without alliance.

It worked and it was what I feared, time zone problem were not fixed. in fact it gotten worse. Not only that, the new system assume the type of players that suited me,  and there lies the flaw, same type of players group together aren't going to make the team fun /playable, because if everyone is a scout .... on same team. ... need I say more. 

Your poll didn't have that. 

Please scroll up and read this post. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

My problem with this beta was, that it worked, and I DID NOT LIKE the result. It was worse than without alliance.

It worked and it was what I feared, time zone problem were not fixed. in fact it gotten worse. Not only that, the new system assume the type of players that suited me,  and there lies the flaw, same type of players group together aren't going to make the team fun /playable, because if everyone is a scout .... on same team. ... need I say more. 

Your poll didn't have that. 

you are aware, that this test did not consider timezones and languages for teambuilding? 
Grouch made this very clear on twitter

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Depends on what people think they are testing. Technically it is alpha by definition, if you look at the final product - features arent implemented. Entire parts of the code isnt there, very critical code at that. You cant just fix the bugs and call it the alliance matchup system.

In another definition variation, world restructuring is just a new matchmaking function overlayed on top of a WvW product that has implemented features already and critical working code.  It's technically not an alpha either.  It was a beta test of a feature being added to a final product.

Distracting ourselves over the proper usage of "alpha" and "beta" for the umpteenth time is fun and the kind of exciting content I live for!

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Haha 1

Heres the problem Anet has. The Players. The Players ruined this beta. Why and how do you ask?

Well lets stop and think, if the current system is so “bad” it needs a new version. So players currently stack a server, all the “best” guilds together (why the best never fight the “best” is beyond me) they Then go and Stack a beta. King and XXXL is a great example of how players are going to seek to ruin what is called a fix, its bad enough blobbing over skill is accepted but Anet you need to look at stacking if you are Honest about fixing the issues.  If not, this is just a PR stunt for the expansion

1 hour ago, Forg.6281 said:

Heres the problem Anet has. The Players. The Players ruined this beta. Why and how do you ask?

Well lets stop and think, if the current system is so “bad” it needs a new version. So players currently stack a server, all the “best” guilds together (why the best never fight the “best” is beyond me) they Then go and Stack a beta. King and XXXL is a great example of how players are going to seek to ruin what is called a fix, its bad enough blobbing over skill is accepted but Anet you need to look at stacking if you are Honest about fixing the issues.  If not, this is just a PR stunt for the expansion

I look at world restructuring as a mechanism that counters the players stacking and bandwagoning.  An alliance like XXXL is only a percentage of a team/server, not the entire team like what the current system allows.  No one can bandwagon to XXXL like what players did when they heard Blackgate was the server to be on.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Forg.6281 said:

Aha yes, a PR stunt began 7 years ago for an expansion it isn't even being released with. Wow you really figured that one out! 

World Restructuring can exist without Alliances. Inversely, Alliances cannot exist without World Restructuring. 

There is a post in this thread with a link to another post containing multiple points of information regarding what world restructuring and alliances are. Maybe go read them, because it's very clear you don't actually know what or why either of them are. 

On 12/12/2021 at 6:19 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

Well, I mean, the majority of players play that way over roaming so obviously they're going to represent the higher number.

I suspect there might be a reasonable number of players that do both, depending on what's currently available. If I preferred blobbing I'd be out of luck most of the time, because of low population.

It's not a bad poll, but it's not very useful when you can't see how the results join up. For example is it only people who were aware of the beta in advance who liked it? Did roamers or zerg players prefer it?

Also I suspect one reason the majority of votes are saying they knew it was happening is because a lot of those who didn't rarely/never visit the forum except when they have something to complain about. There was a big increase in those topics from Sunday/Monday onwards and a lot of them came from people who post very infrequently. So I suspect now the beta has ended they've gone back to not checking the forum (or at least not checking this section) and aren't seeing the poll.

On 12/11/2021 at 2:51 PM, jul.7602 said:

I'm a blob/zerg player~ People have negative connotations of *blob*, and wont self report themselves. Going to call BS that the #of blobbers are only roughly twice as much as the roamers.

Then there's people like me who ticked both those boxes because I do both.

I play WvW as and when I have time for it, which doesn't necessarily match up with anyone else's schedule. If I get online and find an open tag and they're actually claiming/defending objectives instead of going in circles farming another group I'll join them. If not I'll do my own thing until I either find a tag to join, have to log off or get bored.

Dear developers, you understand that players should not have the opportunity in the game to take someone from the players to wvw or not to take them to their team, otherwise, due to the personal factor, at best, online on wvw will decrease significantly and maybe it will become so low that they will no longer have to talk about any activity in principle, and the leader of the alliance will just become the person who will bury wvw

stop completely completely at all the influx of new players into the game in alliances

7 minutes ago, Abanga.7451 said:

Dear developers, you understand that players should not have the opportunity in the game to take someone from the players to wvw or not to take them to their team, otherwise, due to the personal factor, at best, online on wvw will decrease significantly and maybe it will become so low that they will no longer have to talk about any activity in principle, and the leader of the alliance will just become the person who will bury wvw

stop completely completely at all the influx of new players into the game in alliances

Teams/worlds are formed by the match-making code, not by players.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Teams/worlds are formed by the match-making code, not by players.

I create an alliance of guilds, for example, I recruit whom I want in the guild, so I'll take someone for money, but I can negotiate with another leader, there will be a few of us, obviously there will be an alliance, in principle, to win, and they also have to do with codes in general, why such an answer

Just want to clarify on that first question: I knew there was going to be a beta test, but I didn't realize that it was going to be that particular week.  Since I'm fairly frequent here and am daily in WvW, not sure how I missed the specific dates, but there it is.  Didn't bother me any - I had fun, but I was on Phoenix Dawn, and, as Danikat mentioned elsewhere, it gave me a chance to think about what I consider community and what I want to do when alliances are actually working - but it's worth a mention.  It could just be me, but I rather doubt it was.

2 hours ago, Abanga.7451 said:

I create an alliance of guilds, for example, I recruit whom I want in the guild, so I'll take someone for money, but I can negotiate with another leader, there will be a few of us, obviously there will be an alliance, in principle, to win, and they also have to do with codes in general, why such an answer

Why such an answer?  Because you said team.  Teams are formed by match-making.

If you want to instead talk about guilds and alliances, those do not constitute the entire team and never have.  Of course players should be able to control who joins their guild.  That's a basic principle across all social games with guilds/clans/companies.  It really has nothing to do specifically with WvW.  We always had player-controlled guilds.  Nothing new.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1

t turns out that no 1 problem has been solved for which alliances were invented to play 2 against 1 now it will become even easier there are no random players at all it will become possible to recruit for money to win just by being in an alliance, the influx of new players will be reduced since instead of clicking on 1 enter bbb button, you will also have to join guilds with someone there to talk about it

why do we need alliances at all, nothing has changed except for the fact that now the player will decide who will go with them to play on wvw and who not to take on what principles and for what values he will do it at all, only online will become lower here and all why in general so that 1 of the players can decide who will play on wvw so much money and time to spend mb it makes sense to make adons in the game as in Tyria, where not a week but several months you can follow the world run around it with joy without any mounts, do not rush anywhere to inspect everything what kind of trend this may already be guild wars3 is on the way or guild wars2 classic tyria and this is a game for slaughter

On 12/12/2021 at 5:34 PM, SweetPotato.7456 said:

as I have said from the other thread, off-hours would consolidate into 2-3 alliances and make everyone else quit.

They should ditch the alliance and make 100 man wvw guild for a better spread.

It can and will be 500 strong dedicated wvw players vs 500 mostly with just here for the pips and/or dailies kind of players.

Edited by retsuya.4708