Druid Styles?

33 minutes ago, Emeraldmoon.3297 said:

Is there any in game styles that look good for druids? Everything for medium armor is ugly and looks good for engineers or rogues.

I assume you mean clothing/fashion. It kinda depends on what look you want. If you want a natural look sylvari cultural and some gemshop outfits and armor skins can fit that pretty well. If you are trying to get away from trenchcoats/buttflaps the game has options for pants without buttflaps and coats without tails. Natural looks are a little hard to make without going sylvari. the gemshop may be the best option for ya. I wish the game had more organic looking options. I have always just gone sylvari to give me more options if I want that look.

Im curios to know more of what look you really want. Could you be more specific?

• Like 3

If you're looking for something obviously nature themed the Nightmare Court style from Twilight Arbor is one option, it's like sylvari cultural armour by available to all races. Or maybe the raven or bear ceremonial armour, for more of a shaman style. There's also the Nature's Oath and Verdant Executioner outfits, if you don't mind not being able to customise it.

Alternatively you could simply go for something that looks practical for wearing in the jungle and when you're away from civilisation for long periods of time. Maybe something that looks like they made it themselves without the benefit of a full crafting station, like bounty hunter's armour (which looks like it was pieced together from scraps) or rubicon or privateer for that 'heavy protective coat that's slightly worn out' look.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

If you're playing a sylvari druid the T3 cultural looks very nice. 
Here's what my sylvari raid healer looks like:
https://i.imgur.com/jhfwec4.png (the picture might be very dark in lighting for some due to gw2 hook)
https://i.imgur.com/seCafzS.jpg (this one is brighter but might be zoomed out to far to show the full armor skins.) 
https://i.imgur.com/7xn7Eu9.jpg (closeup to show the coloring and other details better)

The best thing about the T3 cultural armor is that it matches skin color of each individual character in certain places taht are not able to be dyed and also works well with the glow color if the dye is matched with the character's glow color. 
Cultural armor skins overall are a great option and sadly a bit too underused by many. 
The dyes here are Shadow Abyss, Electro Blue (for the main glow patterns) and Cyanide (for the minor coloration areas). 
But it really depends actually on your own character colors for dyes to match the dyes.

For the other races, I sadly don't know because this is my only ranger/druid I actually use actively (the charr soulbeast and norn soulbeast are more of pack mules nowadays and I didn't bother getting them decorated aside from the charr, which I only use during Tyria Pride that has a coloration of the trans pride flag and heritage armor, unfortunately). 

If you don't like skins then outfits might be more recommended then as they're not tied to any weight class. 

• Like 1

Not exactly an armor set recommendation, but I found out mixing the deldrimor infusion with the toy-shell one brings about a very nice plant-stone composition look. You will wield stone armor, but your character's skin will be wooden.

Definitely try it out if you can afford those.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054
  • Thanks 1