Do you think a monthly featured guild hall would be fun?

Anet features a decorated guild hall once a month in a spotlight.  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it would be nice to have a featured monthly guild hall thats decorated.

• Yes that would be a nice thing to make guild halls stand out and see how people decorate.
    • No no one cares about guild halls

I think it would be nice if once a month anet would spotlight a guild hall on the news and twitter. My GL does a fantastic job of decorating our hall, im sure others do too. It would be nice to see that work featured in a spotlight once a month. Plus it would make people proud of their guild halls and do things with them, so the world can see how cool they are. We have race paths and JPs all kinds of decorations and interactive things. I think its nice to showcase them, we sometimes have races and events for prizes in our hall. Halls should be a place for the guild to meet and do things together.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

It is a good idea but the thing is that there are only very few players who appreciate guild halls let alone their decorations. Many are there only during guild missions and for the nodes, commendation exchange and tavern buffs. Majority are not interested in GH and never step foot elsewhere in the GH but for those places I mentioned 🙁 This is why 90% of the time the halls are empty and consider yourself lucky if you see 1 or 2 players in there xD

For me, I love a well decorated guild hall 💗 This is why the first thing that I do when I joined new guilds is to visit and explore their guild halls 😄 I have seen some really artistically decorated GHs and most of them are in Windswept Haven. I read before many complained that WH has no caves, no stone rooms and little flat land for deco but look at what players have done over the years. Imagine the amount of time, gold, dedication and efforts they put into the halls. Impressive.

I like decorating and building stuff and since I can't do those in the guilds I am in, I decided to make a private guild with a guild hall. Six months later, I still enjoy upgrading and adding new decorations to the Hall. Really like it.

It would be great if Anet could do some 'promotions' like what TC requested and hopefully this will make more players appreciate the GHs more. Please know and cherish the amount of creativity and commitment being poured into a beautiful hall just to make it a more interesting place for all to hang out.

PS There are countless max level guilds out there giving all the guild buffs you want and all you need is to be in one of them. However, one with a well decorated and impressive hall is a rare find.

Edited by Mil.3562
added PS
  • Like 5

On 1/1/2022 at 7:03 PM, Mil.3562 said:

PS There are countless max level guilds out there giving all the guild buffs you want and all you need is to be in one of them. However, one with a well decorated and impressive hall is a rare find.

Oh man need to post pics of ours. Our decorator is phenomenal, and it always looks amazing. 

• Like 2

I'm sure some people would really enjoy it, but it's not something I have any interest in or would ever look at.

(I'm not voting, because the only 'no' option is making a declaration on behalf of everyone, which no one is in a position to do. It should be obvious that we're not all going to agree so trying to declare that 'no one' cares just because I don't makes no sense.)

• Like 1

So, how would ArenaNet find these Guild Halls?  Do Guild Hall-ites post a picture on Twitter, or on the forums in the Community Creations forum? Maybe a video?  Does the Community Team have resources to choose a Guild to spotlight?  Gaile used to do something like that, but it does not seem she has been replaced, or anyone wanted to take over that job.

How do players see these Guild Halls?  Do they have to ask for a Guild invite? What if the Guild is full?

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

So, how would ArenaNet find these Guild Halls?  Do Guild Hall-ites post a picture on Twitter, or on the forums in the Community Creations forum? Maybe a video?  Does the Community Team have resources to choose a Guild to spotlight?  Gaile used to do something like that, but it does not seem she has been replaced, or anyone wanted to take over that job.

How do players see these Guild Halls?  Do they have to ask for a Guild invite? What if the Guild is full?

Usually other games do it one of two ways

- submissions via social media or a forum thread

- a community based website dedicated to guild halls (I believe lotro does this and the dev team there is about a tenth of Anets). 

• Thanks 1

I would rather like to see a content-creator doing this in their youtube-channel. ANet is a bit special when it comes to public attention. Sure it would be easy advertising, but we live in an era where 'offended' is a life-style. Taste in fashion and designs are completely subjective. The moment they say something looks good and there is even the slightest chance to interpret the visuals in a negative way, they are in for one kitten of a rollercoaster ride.

A content-creator on the other hand is by design subjective. Either you like it, or you do not. But they do not represent a company worth millions of dollars (yet). If they make a mistake, they can recover more easily. It is not the end of the world and they are more likely to be judged by a /shrug and maybe a single youtube-comment instead of a kitten-storm.

Their resources are more limited, but their equipment is quite decent. A monthly video about a guildhall should be possible, maybe even weekly would be a thing. Would people watch this content? No poll can answer this. Only a field-test can.

If any content creator reads this:
Make a video of a guildhall, let us say 3-5 minutes. Fly over the area, highlight the nicest spots, use some good music, say a few short comments (if possible) and post it in your channel. Use your other platforms (e. g. stream) to mention this nice little project, you want to try .Then do another two of the same format, ask people for their opinion about that content in the comments. Ask if they want more of it and longer videos? 

If it is a success, congratulations on your new side-content, you can use to maintain your viewers. If it fails, the loss is acceptable. Think about it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I know this is a thing that Warframe does with clan dojos, and good God are some of them absolutely amazing, so I guess it really depends on how creative you can get with Guild Halls.  The handful I've seen personally have all been pretty lackluster decoration wise and I've never had the opportunity to experience how the decoration system works in this game, as such I'm admittedly ignorant to what people have managed to accomplish.

• Like 2