Idea/suggestion about what should come after end of dragons.

NIHILUS.4168

On 1/11/2022 at 3:35 PM, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

Personally I would like to see

• EoD ends with Bubbles dead, and Aurene and Kuunavang as the ones balancing the world's magic.
  • LWS6 expands on Cantha's various remaining plots, like LWS4 did for Elona. The main "villain" is Lyssa, with us finding out what her scheme is. Thus ending the god plot.
  • LWS7 takes us back to Tyria, and wraps up the various loose end plots via IBS style two parter maps. A map for Malyck, his tree, and the Nightmare Court. Another in the Woodland Cascades for the Centaurs who want to make peace with humanity, with E playing a part. A third map in Ascalon detailing the Charr and Humans taking Sohothin and Magdaer to Drascir to purge the ghosts of Ascalon once and for all. A 4th somewhere for the Inquest, to finish them off(assuming this isn't done as part of LWS6). Maybe a series of strikes, or a raid wing, for the Wizards' Tower.
  • Xpack 4 goes to the 4th human homeland off in the "Westlands" continent. Incorporates Utopia lore, new region is based off of Aztec/Maya/Inca aesthetics. Villian is some horrible entity from the Mists, possibly responsible for humanity having to flee their original homeworld.

I would love the return of the gods since they apparently left due to the elder dragon magic conflict so it would be neat to have this push/pull with them when it comes to their judgment of how we handled Balthazar as well as maybe resuming their reign here...or not.....or even dealing with the cosmic horrors that were hinted at in the Shattered Observatory fractal.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2022 at 2:47 PM, Fenom.9457 said:

‘Whit’ is not a word.

It is, actually - though you're right that it was a typo as it was being used.

On 1/11/2022 at 6:35 PM, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

LWS7 takes us back to Tyria, and wraps up the various loose end plots

😳Don't tempt me with things like this. Tying up loose ends has been a Big Want for me for years.

It's tough to speculate on what should happen after something that hasn't happened yet, but here's my take:

After EoD, I think wrapping up Cantha's present day situation/reconnection to the rest of the world is the most likely thing to do in LS (+ whatever big bads aren't tackled in the expansion story), then using the lull to address the aftermath of everything big that's happened up to this point in Central Tyria (loose ends, results of wars/treaties/curses ending, politics, factions, reclaimed homelands, etc.) either as LS, an expansion, or a combination of the two. Along the way they can pepper information about what's happening with The All and the balance of magic (assuming this isn't already handled in EoD), and then tie it off by giving us a final gods/mists/'where did the Humans actually come from?' storyline.

After that, if you really want to get loopy, maybe we discover the damage to reality caused by Kralkatorrik (and our interference with the balance of stuff) was so extensive that even after everything we've done to save the day, Tyria starts merging with another world, setting the stage for a GW3 where things get truly weird.

2 hours ago, HotDelirium.7984 said:

I would love the return of the gods since they apparently left due to the elder dragon magic conflict so it would be neat to have this push/pull with them when it comes to their judgment of how we handled Balthazar as well as maybe resuming their reign here...or not.....or even dealing with the cosmic horrors that were hinted at in the Shattered Observatory fractal.

The gods were leaving before the Elder Dragons awoke, and were doing so for reasons beyond the Elder Dragons awakening. The rise of the Elder Dragons just made them take that final step away.

Personally I don't see the human gods coming back. Both Nightfall and PoF clearly established that the gods believe humanity needs to learn to stand on its own, and that the gods have already given humanity everything they need to survive(which we have proven time and time again by overcoming every challenge before us) Balthazar being around becuase he was war crazy, and Lyssa being up to something because she was the one most cornered for humanity, fine, but the other gods coming back doesn't make much sense to me.

Also, could you imagine how humanity would respond to it? Imagine the gods coming back and being like "yo guys, we know we totally abandoned you for that Abbadon and Elder Dragon thing..... but we're back so worship us again!" Even Gwen pointed out during Dragonfall that what the gods did was awful, and unforgivable. I expect many humans likely share the same opinion.

There's really no reason for Grenth, Kormir, Melandru, or Dwayna, to come back. And them coming back would just fly in the face of Nightfall and Path of Fire. Learn secrets of the gods? what happened to the original human homeworld? Maybe some horrible mist demon army thing? sure, but the gods are gone, and should stay gone.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 2/4/2022 at 8:38 PM, AgentMoore.9453 said:

After that, if you really want to get loopy, maybe we discover the damage to reality caused by Kralkatorrik (and our interference with the balance of stuff) was so extensive that even after everything we've done to save the day, Tyria starts merging with another world, setting the stage for a GW3 where things get truly weird.

😐......................

.............................................................I think I want that.

Storywise I am hoping both Kuunevang and Albax will become Elder Dragons leaving Tyria with a total of 3 Elders to manage the magic.

But once this new generation of elders come to power I expect this current Dragon cycle to end with Kuunevang, Albax and Aurine all bidding farewell and retiring from the world, going to sleep for the next few thousand years as the previous dragons had done.

This effectively ends the Dragon story and removes these all powerful beings from play.
Removing them from play is something I think Anet will have to do in some way or another to avoid the whole "You have a thing, We have an Aurine" trump card problem, and having them all go to sleep is probably the most obvious way to do that.

It doesn't mean we wont see them again though, there would be plenty of potential for a story involving a group of bad guys tracking down a sleeping Elder Dragon to try and harness it's power for their own ends.
The Inquest is certainly a faction I would believe would try to pull kitten like that.

From a development standpoint the main thing I want Anet to focus on after End of Dragons is devoting some much needed time and attention to touching up the old game, most of all the core world maps, leveling process and how it teaches players to play, dungeons especially story modes and the reintroduction of Living world Season 1 the latter of which the majority of active players in the game right now have probably never experienced.
This is something Anet has put off for far FARRR!! too long and it's long past time these issues were addressed.

Now moving on to new content I think this poses a very good opportunity to create a new starting point for a new generation of playable heroes.
What I mean by that is finally adding the highly requested addition of new playable races who's stories officially start after End of Dragons.
The whole world will be theirs to explore like any other character but their stories start after the Dragon crisis is over.
Think something very similar to how new professions were added in Gw1.
This is by far the best way and time that I can think of to actually add in new playable races without completely screwing up the existing story and lore.
And I think the addition of new races coming now would be a huge appeal for both new and older players, not to mention a sign that the game still has a future on the horizon.

As far as where the story will go though.. that's anyones guess.
But there are a lot of places on Tyria, under Tyria and maybe even above Tyria that we have never been to or barely seen anything of.. and I would still love to see them all in Gw2.

Edited by Teratus.2859

9 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

But once this new generation of elders come to power I expect this current Dragon cycle to end with Kuunevang, Albax and Aurine all bidding farewell and retiring from the world, going to sleep for the next few thousand years as the previous dragons had done.

The previous Elder Dragons only went to sleep because they fed on the world's magic, and there was no more magic to fed on since they had eaten it already. Aurene doesn't do this. The whole point of Aurene is to break the previous Elder dragon cycle of feast/famine by creating an Elder Dragon that circulates and shares magic, rather than horde it. Aurene has no reason to go to sleep.

9 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

This effectively ends the Dragon story and removes these all powerful beings from play.
Removing them from play is something I think Anet will have to do in some way or another to avoid the whole "You have a thing, We have an Aurine" trump card problem, and having them all go to sleep is probably the most obvious way to do that.

They wouldn't need to put them asleep to remove this card. We have already seen what happens when gods fight(Crystal Sea turning into the Csytal Desert) and Aurene and Kuunavang would just avoid direct intervention to prevent similar cataclysmic effects from happening.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

The previous Elder Dragons only went to sleep because they fed on the world's magic, and there was no more magic to fed on since they had eaten it already. Aurene doesn't do this. The whole point of Aurene is to break the previous Elder dragon cycle of feast/famine by creating an Elder Dragon that circulates and shares magic, rather than horde it. Aurene has no reason to go to sleep.

True she doesn't, but as we saw during the Dragonstorm encounter when Aurine was trying to sever Primordus and Jormag's power from them she couldn't handle the amount of power the two dragons had on her own and she almost failed.

I have my doubts that Aurine can circulate that much power on her own and if she ends up doing so I would find it a pretty difficult story conclusion to actually believe.

It may be more believable should Kuunavang also take on the same role, more so again if Albax also becomes a new Elder but we do also have to consider that Aurine is now extremely unique as far as Dragons go since the death of her siblings, she is the only living crystal dragon and potentially the first and last of her kind.

It simply may not be possible for Saltspreys like Kuunavang to even achieve Elder Dragon status and if they can there's no guarantee they won't follow the same path as the previous ones, becoming addicted to magic etc.

We also do not know if Aurine is capable of reproducing like her mother since she became an Elder Dragon.. This is something Anet have neither confirmed nor denied either.

Even Glint's birth is a mystery, we do not know if she was born before or after Kralktorrik became an Elder Dragon.
All we do know is that there is no solid evidence of an Elder Dragon producing a new living scion after becoming an Elder Dragon, they all prefer to corrupt and create minions instead which does lead me to suspect that it may be impossible for Elder Dragons to reproduce which would make sense considering how drastically their bodies change upon ascending as we saw with Aurine.

So there's a few factors in play that make me curious how the new cycle is going to work.
I don't believe Aurine alone can manage such a feat, not since how she's been potrayed in game.
And for now I don't believe she has the ability to create more of her kind to help maintain that cycle either.

13 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

They wouldn't need to put them asleep to remove this card. We have already seen what happens when gods fight(Crystal Sea turning into the Csytal Desert) and Aurene and Kuunavang would just avoid direct intervention to prevent similar cataclysmic effects from happening.

Again true however it must also be taken into account that the Gods left the world for the same reasons.

Aurine may take a stance against directly intervening but there are always going to be people trying to exploit her, and we've already seen a glimpse of that during the Ice Brood Saga where she choose not to act much to the dismay of her allies and even her Champion at times.

I think Aurine will have to come to the same conclusion the gods did, that she will eventually have to leave the world in some way in order to stay out of the affairs of mortals.. and also to allow for mortals to define their own paths in the world instead of relying on her for everything, always seeking her advice, guidance and aid etc.
If she doesn't then Aurine basically becomes a living God to many and that is a dangerous position for her to be in, especially when we remember that she is still just a child... granted one that is powerful and fairly wise despite her age.. but still a child none the less, and still in the process of learning and discovering her own abilities.

• Like 2

Colonial, company and guild wars between  Xunlai Jade Company vs the Consortium Corporation vs the Black Lion Company over ancient artificats and free real state all over the globe, while the Order of Shadows fights a secret war against the Order of Whispers for world domination. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2