Player standing there, constantly transforming, with most annoying noise possible

5 hours ago, TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

There's a Player standing in one location, constantly transforming into other creatures, with the most annoying noise possible. And this is going on endlessly, so I think this is botting.

How is this player doing this, and why is ANet not killing this noise?

they're just having fun, there are some endless tonics where you transform and transform into different creatures cycling thru them, and also there is an achievement to drink a certain amount of wintersday drinks, which include tonics, or as others said, doing candy corn gobbler achievement, to eat which turns you into random creatures.

A few days ago I was at the craft station in LA, having previously purchased recipes at Hobbs otherwise I use my pass for the Lily, and kept walking back and forth from the TP to the craft station.
Suddenly someone texts me "You are so reported". I guess I lagged or no idea. But reading this post. Some people probably suspect behind almost everything they can not classify botting? ^^''.

At winter day I clicked through several tonics for minutes daily, to slowly work at the achievment for winters presence. I was not aware that I am doing something that others find sus :''D.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

But reading this post. Some people probably suspect behind almost everything they can not classify botting? ^^''.

Because it seemed to be going on for hours at a time,  over multiple days, led me to consider it botting. Not because it was a transform I didn't know the source of. It's also that repetitiveness that makes it so kittening annoying.

On 1/22/2022 at 11:51 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

Eh they are just being obnoxious but it's probably to get bonuses from Candy corn gobbler.

How are they being obnoxious? It's a poorly designed, poorly implemented item that makes stupid noise. Rather than fix its awful mechanics, the devs have given the ok on using a macro/clicker to gobble; thus, anyone with the item will afk and gobble a few stacks before heading to WvW. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LSD.4673 said:

How are they being obnoxious? It's a poorly designed, poorly implemented item that makes stupid noise. Rather than fix its awful mechanics, the devs have given the ok on using a macro/clicker to gobble; thus, anyone with the item will afk and gobble a few stacks before heading to WvW. 

It's obnoxious because you don't need to spam it next to other people, especially not with the spider potion that amplifies effects.

• Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

It's obnoxious because you don't need to spam it next to other people, especially not with the spider potion that amplifies effects.

What level of egotism makes you think anyone's going out of their way to do it next to you? I'll click it between dojng another mindless but arduous task (sorting inventory, crafting) which means ill do it at the bank, say. Amongst that is the sound of "violets instead of violence" or whatever other 15 second reptitive NPC chatter there is, the sound of people mounting/dismounting, people playing music, and those loud springy fountains.

Yes it makes an annoying noise, but so many noises in the game are just as annoying, and it's now filtered into ambience. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, LSD.4673 said:

What level of egotism makes you think anyone's going out of their way to do it next to you? I'll click it between dojng another mindless but arduous task (sorting inventory, crafting) which means ill do it at the bank, say. Amongst that is the sound of "violets instead of violence" or whatever other 15 second reptitive NPC chatter there is, the sound of people mounting/dismounting, people playing music, and those loud springy fountains.

Yes it makes an annoying noise, but so many noises in the game are just as annoying, and it's now filtered into ambience. 

Read the original post again. The topic creator wrote "endlessly" which is probably metaphoric but implies more than a few minutes. Unless you are deliberately doing it for hours on end that is not endlessly. Someone using the candy corn gobbler on cooldown is going to trigger it at most every 5 seconds for ~7 minutes per stack of candy corn since it takes 3 per use.

Also it often happens in Mistlock Sanctuary and especially in Armistice Bastion (because the reward track boosts matter more in WVW than exp in PVE), not Lions Arch. I haven't been to Lion's Arch for more than a few minutes in years.

Edited by Infusion.7149