Every Going to Address warrior's complaints?

Apolo.5942

7 minutes ago, anbujackson.9564 said:

The quality shouldnt lack then though.

It would be nice to believe that's the case. Honestly, I don't see anything exceptional with how Anet handles warrior that isn't happening with other classes. Anet is making the changes they want based on how they see players playing the game. I think they just need a little more focus on what the changes are and what they want the class to be.

While I believe Anet does changes for a reasons related to how the game is played, it feels like they reivew a short time window and are always chasing something instead of aiming for a target ... and by the time they think they catch that something, it's moved on. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

Warrior is in a drought, no doubt. I wont stay that way though, I imagine warrior will get its time in the spotlight again sooner or later. Anet is just verrrryyyy sluggish at making highly impactful changes which is its own problem. In the case of warrior it's been sliding down hill, slowly, for a long while.

Completely personal anecdote but I think the reason this feels specially awful for warrior is that they're fairly "underloaded" compared to other professions. Meaning, they're skills/traits are very focused on doing singular things vs multiple functions. This isn't inherently an issue but it makes them more rigid and less flexible to shifts in the game. So when something warrior's rely on becomes less useful, it's really felt. Where as other professions may have other tools to swap around or wedge in to cover these shifts. Not saying this is the be-all-end-all reason/issue but just how I see it. 

Kind of a side note, the people trying to discredit the issues of warrior by stating other professions have issues too is not it. It's not productive and flat out doesn't make sense. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zexanima.7851 said:

Kind of a side note, the people trying to discredit the issues of warrior by stating other professions have issues too is not it. It's not productive and flat out doesn't make sense. 

Yeah, its not productive. If the other professions have problems they are free to discuss them in detail in their own sections of the forums.

Warrior has distinct problems. Its okay for one or two to continue to exist as a built in weakness for other classes to leverage (See Necro and Stability access), but it feels like some classes a severely lacking is such weaknesses whereas warrior has a few too many (highly telegraphed attacks, CC that is required to land said attacks but does no damage, high susceptibility to soft CC, limited utilities of actual usefulness, overly long self roots with minimal payoffs for the risk involved ...)

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Warrior has distinct problems. Its okay for one or two to continue to exist as a built in weakness for other classes to leverage (See Necro and Stability access) but it feels like some classes a severely lacking is such weaknesses whereas warrior has a few too many (highly telegraphed attacks, CC that is required to land said attacks but does no damage, high susceptibility to soft CC, limited utilities of actual usefulness, overly long self roots with minimal payoffs for the risk involved ...)

This. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Only if EP becomes a full invulnerability, so since it isn't and warrior can be CCd and condied to death when using the skill it shouldn't lock any skills.

Thats why i always rely on certain traits and utils so it wont happen. But when i dont..im kittened.

Edited by Caedmon.6798

I think the real problem with warrior and the main reason I stopped playing it after HoT launch is the lack of boons. They have become more and more important and warrior is just being left behind.

The upcoming banner changes should change this and help especially berserkers.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 11:29 AM, Mell.4873 said:

I think the real problem with warrior and the main reason I stopped playing it after HoT launch is the lack of boons. They have become more and more important and warrior is just being left behind.

yeah, Firebrand's Mantra were something we should have gotten, even if half of them were only for our personal use, like Mantra of Liberation elite skill

Warrior isn't Guardian or Necromancer, therefore, Anet doesn't care. That's the sad reality we find ourselves in.

Edit: Oh hey, there's an idea; maybe if we paint our Warriors blue or green, Anet will finally notice us!

Edited by Keitaro Dragonheart.9047

On 2/13/2022 at 5:29 AM, Mell.4873 said:

This is weird ... because Berserker doesn't need this change to help them, in any PVE content. 

1. Warrior/berserker is already desirable in team because of it's unique ability to buff stats with banners. 

2. The boon warrior is likely to get put in the quickness role (because it's more thematically aligned to Warrior than Alacrity). Berserkers already have significant quickness to the point where they can perma self it. 

I actually see any change to banners as ... concerning ... because banners already provide that 'desirable' situation for warriors that teams want and a banner application is an awkward path to self buffing. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

5 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

This is weird ... because Berserker doesn't need this change to help them, in any PVE content. 

1. Warrior/berserker is already desirable in team because of it's unique ability to buff stats with banners. 

2. The boon warrior is likely to get put in the quickness role (because it's more thematically aligned to Warrior than Alacrity). Berserkers already have significant quickness to the point where they can perma self it. 

I actually see any change to banners as ... concerning ... because banners already provide that 'desirable' situation for warriors that teams want and a banner application is an awkward path to self buffing. 

What are you talking about warriors have one quickness application with a stance and that's it. 

I even double checked, there is no other way except with gear. I mean even Elementalist has a few ways of achieving permanent quickness even if they don't have a delebrate skill for it.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

What are you talking about warriors have one quickness application with a stance and that's it. 

I even double checked, there is no other way except with gear. I mean even Elementalist has a few ways of achieving permanent quickness even if they don't have a delebrate skill for it.

Dual Strike.
Burst of Aggression.
Heightened Focus.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quickness would have been a great place to do that double checking. But hey Dual Strike can almost perma upkeep quickness on its own if you max duration and take Axe Mastery in PvE. Counting the ways to apply only goes so far if you don't also look at duration versus CD. In WvW you'd need the two sigils to perma upkeep it, but that is entirely to do with how they neutered the quickness on Dual Strike in Competitive play.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Dual Strike.
Burst of Aggression.
Heightened Focus.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quickness would have been a great place to do that double checking. But hey Dual Strike can almost perma upkeep quickness on its own if you max duration and take Axe Mastery in PvE. Counting the ways to apply only goes so far if you don't also look at duration versus CD. In WvW you'd need the two sigils to perma upkeep it, but that is entirely to do with how they neutered the quickness on Dual Strike in Competitive play.

The axe skill its pretty limited but I guess. Look at chrono you can spawn a few phantasms and youcan maintain quickness. Soulbeast can maintain quickness even on a long bow.

Hopefull with the banner changed you can maintain it without much boon duration. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

The axe skill its pretty limited but I guess. Look at chrono you can spawn a few phantasms and youcan maintain quickness. Soulbeast can maintain quickness even on a long bow.

Hopefull with the banner changed you can maintain it without much boon duration. 

I think you are missing the point that core warrior is one of the few core classes with such access to and duration of quickness without gear supplying additional sources. 

• Confused 1

I still find it odd that in GW1, Warrior was the class with the best access to IAS (increased attack speed) thanks to skills like Flail, Frenzy and Flurry, where you could effectively keep it up 100% of the time (albeit with the standard ANet approach of balancing Warrior skills by giving them a heavily punishing downside, like taking double-damage while in Frenzy, doing 25% less damage in Flurry and moving 33% slower in Flail).

It would have seemed to have been a no-brainer to keep this role moving from GW 1 to 2, but they somehow flubbed it.

Frenzy may no longer have the double-damage downside, but is crippled by having an insultingly long cooldown, like so many other Warrior skills.

I don't think the original skill was subjected to a balance pass throughout the history of GW1, and would probably have worked perfectly had it been ported forward to GW2 in that form.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I still find it odd that in GW1, Warrior was the class with the best access to IAS (increased attack speed) thanks to skills like Flail, Frenzy and Flurry, where you could effectively keep it up 100% of the time (albeit with the standard ANet approach of balancing Warrior skills by giving them a heavily punishing downside, like taking double-damage while in Frenzy, doing 25% less damage in Flurry and moving 33% slower in Flail).

It would have seemed to have been a no-brainer to keep this role moving from GW 1 to 2, but they somehow flubbed it.

Frenzy may no longer have the double-damage downside, but is crippled by having an insultingly long cooldown, like so many other Warrior skills.

I don't think the original skill was subjected to a balance pass throughout the history of GW1, and would probably have worked perfectly had it been ported forward to GW2 in that form.

They included IAS within Berserk Mode and Dual Wielding, they're both just not as good as quickness nor do they stack with it.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well, no. That's not true but the point here is that your take is weird because whatever Anet does to banner is unlikely to 'fix' Berserker, in solo or team situations. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

4 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, no. That's not true but the point here is that your take is weird because whatever Anet does to banner is unlikely to 'fix' Berserker, in solo or team situations. 

Well either way I will probably play it again especially with the bladesworn. I could see a full support spellbreaker being very strong in wvw.