In game sound abusers

Junkpile.7439

These abusers are kind of annoying and in have meet them a lot latelly. You know these try hards who doesn't listen music while playing and abusing in game sounds. You try to one shot them from stealth and they dodge, but I can't hear anything when somebody attack me. Kind of unfair if you ask me. Maybe anet could put some text like dodge in screen when attack come from stealth? 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 7

I'm totally agree with topic starter. Unbelievable, how after 10+ years, developers have not made this QoL improvement. Moreover, there are also video abusers! You know, these try hards, who doesn't scroll newsfeed on their iphones, while afking near garrison in enemy borderland, and able to see how I do that. You try to read something, but they come and oneshot you. Kind of unfair if you ask me. Maybe anet could put some sound notification when attack come, while my eyes away? Or if i both listen music and watch newsfeed, Anet employe could come and poke my shoulder to get my attention back to the game?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

<--- Actual part deaf person. There are sounds when stealth attack goes off?

Maybe a big flashy light should go off like they added in for Dragon Slash as a big warning to dodge right now or perish eh?

Don't think so, but i would think that enemy hear your skill sounds even if you are in stealth. Some players seems to always dodge when i start to cast skill in stealth.

On 2/7/2022 at 11:04 AM, Junkpile.7439 said:

Don't think so, but i would think that enemy hear your skill sounds even if you are in stealth. Some players seems to always dodge when i start to cast skill in stealth.

It is called 6 sense :)

Not always, but sometimes i can hear a clink (dagger skills sound) when the thief is atacking from stealth with some skills like backstack.

Stealth so OP that will stealth sound  most of time :P

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 2/6/2022 at 3:26 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

<--- Actual part deaf person. There are sounds when stealth attack goes off?

Maybe a big flashy light should go off like they added in for Dragon Slash as a big warning to dodge right now or perish eh?

you can hear all of the sounds even when a person is in stealth. ESPECIALLY the 5 skill from D/P thiefs is HELLA Loud and will give away their position even if it happens 20 meters away behind you. Having a good headset is a big + if you are a tryhard.^^

Sucks for people that cant hear properly unfortunately 😕

18 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

you can hear all of the sounds even when a person is in stealth. ESPECIALLY the 5 skill from D/P thiefs is HELLA Loud and will give away their position even if it happens 20 meters away behind you. Having a good headset is a big + if you are a tryhard.^^

Sucks for people that cant hear properly unfortunately 😕

Eh, I just dance so my back isn't exposed and after a delay use a AoE at my feet. Works usually unless they are using a ranged stealth attack. I have a great headset, but the problem with turning it all up is that it then makes all the other sounds too loud.

25 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Eh, I just dance so my back isn't exposed and after a delay use a AoE at my feet. Works usually unless they are using a ranged stealth attack. I have a great headset, but the problem with turning it all up is that it then makes all the other sounds too loud.

you can go in the settings and turn everything down except... AHHH not sure what its called...... but you will see when you have it open 😄 turn everything like enviromentalsounds/music and stuff pretty far down and then rais the overall level of sound. = Soundeffects from players are louder.

But that stuff is SOOO TRYHARD and you will not need it. Just doing the danceydance is enough mostly^^ Also if you played teef you can almost always guess to perfection when they will attack. Also spamming 1 and turning might work, as soon as you hit someone and the attackchain begins just do a dodgeroll.

Someone gave me a tip back in the days that really helped me to play against stealth opponents!

Best thing you can do is run in a certain direction ->you force them to follow you and they will therefore 100% be in your back. Then turn around and blast something in their direction. This works PEEERFECT with renegade Shortbow 5:D its a untargeted CC skill.

This works with alot of things! run for a few seconds -> they follow-> you know where they have to be (they could also not follow but that solves the problem aswell :D) ❤️  Worst thing you can do is just twirl in place and wait for them to open on you. Take the situation in your own hands and force them to react to you running (which is just a bait in this case).

the real problem is Stealthengis 😄 NO SOUND and NO ANIMATION... JUST BOOM 12k hit.

Edited by Sahne.6950