Unusually short Feb 2v2 Season?

Zaxares.5419

So I'm sure by now others have noticed that the Fed 2v2 season is unusually short (just 1 week), and there haven't been any new matching season achievements added for it. Was this intentional or an oversight? (I could see ANet focusing their attention on EoD launch and forgetting to update the achieves/timeline. It's happened at least once before!)

Its possible they can't do a longer season, February only has 28 days so doing a 2 week season would put it in the middle of the EoD launch, which would muck up all the PvP metrics for the expo. Its vitally important that the expansion start with a fresh season and everything on equal footing.

Its better this way than not even having a single day of down time before launch (15+13=28).

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Like 2

They could have made it 2 weeks ... new season would  have started on March 1st. 1 day would not have made a big difference. But maybe they want the matchmaking and ranking phase (where you first have to play your first 10 matches) to already be done by then - for most players?

Then it would make sense to start the regular season next week again. (Unless they totally make a complete break and leave it like 6 days without ranked and start at the EoD release day.)

I don't mind. Less pressure. Then I won't even try to complete all the chests. 2 vs. 2 or 3 vs 3. deathmach is always a bit tight even with 2 weeks - if you want to get all the pips for the season track chest.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1