Harbinger theorycraft thread

The Boz.2038

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSFFos1aYZoMV2KTj1il8je8H-zRRYmhzXO6RBlRHVQIpgwTyjbA-e

Currently on this. Based on it's performance, I'm thinking of going back to completely Vipers. Easier than I anticipated. The value of boon strip and CC's in EoD is too significant to ignore. Still want to try Using Lich Runes with minion traits in Death and also seeing if there are some more optimal choices in Death and Curses GM traits. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

On 2/28/2022 at 11:19 PM, Shroud.2307 said:

Problem:

Those numbers are not possible against support or defensive condi builds (max 6k hits against full support guards).

And if you are going for those big numbers you have zero sustain, and very low condi cleanses.

And still no active defenses or thieflike mobility.

So imo the numbers look a bit stupid, but everything is easily outplayable and with the sustain aspect of that build in mind, it's justified, that those skills hit that hard.

If you fail to oneshot people with the shroud 4+3 combo you are just dead in most scenarios, because you sacrifice 2 skills, that could potentially save your life by using them to kite.

5 hours ago, Nimon.7840 said:

Problem:

Those numbers are not possible against support or defensive condi builds (max 6k hits against full support guards).

And if you are going for those big numbers you have zero sustain, and very low condi cleanses.

And still no active defenses or thieflike mobility.

So imo the numbers look a bit stupid, but everything is easily outplayable and with the sustain aspect of that build in mind, it's justified, that those skills hit that hard.

If you fail to oneshot people with the shroud 4+3 combo you are just dead in most scenarios, because you sacrifice 2 skills, that could potentially save your life by using them to kite.

Assuming you didn't see what I said in another thread, yes I agree.

The build isn't viable at all. It's a meme build. Power Harbinger is a meme in general, imo.

But I also live for big numbers and will often play glass whether it's good or not because I love to spank people with ridiculous crits. It makes me belly laugh and it's fun, and I'm long past caring about playing things that are objectively good.

I could have added a disclaimer on that comment that the build is terrible, but at that point on release, I wasn't quite aware of just how bad it was. So to be clear, I agree with everything you've said. 

I still play it anyway though, lmao. Goomba stomping people with Voracious Arc and sending them back to spawn is just worth every stupid death I have to suffer.

Edited by Shroud.2307

16 hours ago, Shroud.2307 said:

Assuming you didn't see what I said in another thread, yes I agree.

The build isn't viable at all. It's a meme build. Power Harbinger is a meme in general, imo.

But I also live for big numbers and will often play glass whether it's good or not because I love to spank people with ridiculous crits. It makes me belly laugh and it's fun, and I'm long past caring about playing things that are objectively good.

I could have added a disclaimer on that comment that the build is terrible, but at that point on release, I wasn't quite aware of just how bad it was. So to be clear, I agree with everything you've said. 

I still play it anyway though, lmao. Goomba stomping people with Voracious Arc and sending them back to spawn is just worth every stupid death I have to suffer.

Absolutely agree, I do the exact same thing, because it's fun and I didn't have much time yet to theorycraft a build, that can compete with what's currently played.

Best feeling: oneshotting thieves - broken class for roaming. Can go full glass, so basically be full glass harbinger with an insane amount of survivability like core nec -hard to compare those classes xD - (condi cleanses, stealth, mobility...)

Edited by Nimon.7840