Speed Pass to Cantha?

3 minutes ago, Dovienya.6597 said:

There's an Asura gate to Lion's Arch in the Arborstone. If you're going back and forth between Cantha and LA a lot to do fractals, that's a much cheaper way to do it if you don't want/don't have the portal tome.

The Aura gate is on the second floor of the Arborstone right next to the portals that go between floors.

On a related note don't forget that everyone can get back to Lion's Arch for free from anywhere in the world by going to the Heart of the Mists (PvP lobby) or any WvW map and then through the asura gate to LA.

You can also use the PvP lobby to access the bank and TP and to sell stuff to merchants from anywhere in the world and then go back to where you were by using the exit button instead of going through the asura gate.

So if waypoint fees are a concern you only need to worry about the price of getting to Cantha, as getting back is free.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 9:47 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

On a related note don't forget that everyone can get back to Lion's Arch for free from anywhere in the world by going to the Heart of the Mists (PvP lobby) or any WvW map and then through the asura gate to LA.

You can also use the PvP lobby to access the bank and TP and to sell stuff to merchants from anywhere in the world and then go back to where you were by using the exit button instead of going through the asura gate.

So if waypoint fees are a concern you only need to worry about the price of getting to Cantha, as getting back is free.

Yep, I routinely go back through the Mists to get back to LA (where I usually keep my characters in the Coriolis Plaza area if they're not otherwise engaged, just as a matter of course -- also indicates whether or not I have 'someone' engaged in a story step that needs completion, or for some other reason valid only to me (HAHA)).  I've seen the Asura Gate there that's under construction, so I can only assume that it'll be brought into play at some point; after all, Cantha is a 'far piece' (as we say in the Southern US), but, then, that's just me.  I think I've managed to see the waypoint transfer as low as somewhere in the 6s range, which is not unmanageable, but a LOT more than my favorite -- FREE!!!!

Edited by Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

52 minutes ago, Algonda Friedenbaum.2930 said:

I've seen the Asura Gate there that's under construction, so I can only assume that it'll be brought into play at some point;

In  case you haven't finished the story yet, but the portal from LA to Cantha becomes active once you acquire the teleport scroll to Arborstone, while the other way from Arbostone to LA will become available once you have completed the Arborstone mastery track.

• Like 1

Use the free Arborstone Portal teleport before traveling to any Cantha Location, and the Eotn portal teleport (you can get it with karma and 2 gold) before teleporting to any other region. Thats what i do. Also its cool to have those cos the strikes.

On 3/1/2022 at 3:16 PM, Lyssia.4637 said:

Hopefully, that's a bug, since where it is in the menu would suggest it was meant to be account-wide.  That said, if the jade bot is only a QoL thing or only needed for the story, I can do without it on alts.

As noted in another reply but perhaps not in enough detail to help you figure out how:  jewelers can craft the jade bot cores.  These are also tradeable, so you can find them on the TP by searching for 'jade bot' and then picking the tier you want.  I've only taken one character through the whole story so far, and no others have even finished story in Seitung, and I've been tossing cores on all the ones I've been roaming around on doing elite weapon achieves and Dragon's End meta runs.  You'll need one character to get through story to the point of unlocking the Jade Bot mastery but then all your alts will have it.

Look in your Hero Panel, the top tab with the list of things like Equipment, Mounts, Gliders, etc.  Fishing, Skiffs, and Jade Bot have been added there.  If you click on Jade Bot you will get the panel to swap cores in and out, with an option to use any you have in inventory.  They are character specific things though, so you'll need cores for everyone, and individually chosen modules as well.  It might take a while to bling out all the alts.