Unplayable Warrior Espec.

Bardock.4718

11 hours ago, CoffeePlease.3082 said:

To say it's unplayable for open world just sounds like a gearing/talent issue. I've run it fine and haven't had any issues. Would you mind sharing your build/gear/etc?

I never said it's unplayable. 

What I say is that I don't see a reason to do much more for way less. 

Why go through all the hoops with Bladesworn when I can get way better results with Base Warrior. 

And just a reminder how much kitten Base Warrior is. 

Bladesworn simply has no role. 

Also over 15k hours, 40k AP, full Legy armory here.  I don't think that's an skill issue. 🤔

5 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

"Furiously mashes Axe skills." 

- See? All dead.  Uhhhh... What are you doing? 

- I'm doing a wombo combo that ends in me standing still for multiple seconds, so I can kill some trash mobs. 

You can also play a minionmaster if you find the bar of pressing 3 different buttons too high. You do you.

14 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgAcqlFwUZKsEWJO+WexVA-zRJYiRzfYElAVFg50IgXLA-e

I used this for all the story content, maps and first two strikes. Swap heal or stomp for condi clear if necessary. There are 0 issues with generating flow quickly for the go and halt type of open world combat. For longer combat like bosses you can drop Stabilizer because flow becomes a non factor anyway. You can use the heal as you enter combat to get extra flow.

Edited by Rym.1469

1 hour ago, Rym.1469 said:

You can also play a minionmaster if you find the bar of pressing 3 different buttons too high. You do you.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKgAcqlFwUZKsEWJO+WexVA-zRJYiRzfYElAVFg50IgXLA-e

I used this for all the story content, maps and first two strikes. Swap heal or stomp for condi clear if necessary. There are 0 issues with generating flow quickly for the go and halt type of open world combat. For longer combat like bosses you can drop Stabilizer because flow becomes a non factor anyway. You can use the heal as you enter combat to get extra flow.

If the new shiny Espec is outclassed by Minion Necro in every aspect , maybe there is something wrong here. 

• Haha 1

yeah, Gunsaber is 100% bad and I never want to use it. Even if its dmg is good I just don't enjoy it at all.

For all I care they can remove it entirely and give us back our old weapons, and if they want to keep gimmick then okay, let Dragon Trigger be the only burst we can use. This would make spec more enjoyable for me.

The thing with Gunsaber is...it can't get any cool toys because it has ammunition, and this makes it limited in what it can do...no boons for you, no daze, no quickness, no evade, nothing...100% failed concept. The only reason one wants ammunition is for 3 traits, which if I want to get use for, I would just use pistol combo - it is many times stronger, faster, reliable. 

Remove ammunition for most of Gunsaber skills (keep it on 3 and 5), and then make 2 and 4 actually good...we need boons, we need defense....

Break Step needs larger range - at least 600
Cyclone Trigger could be evade and daze on hit.
Blooming Fire should be a stun. 

I mean, you teach us to break bars...but how can Bladesworn do it? pls tell me. 

Edited by Mikali.9651
  • Like 1

I do not really like it but.. it is playeable.. Not as effective as bers. or spell., but it is. For me there is problem that gunsaber is 2nd weapon set, I would preffer kit without cd (same as engineer) so there will no longer be 5s or 10s cd for weapon swap. Major traits are all trashes.. Dragonscale Deffense should work same as Unyielding Dragon for ''pulsing" stability than 1 stack only with 8s cd.. -.- it is bad as a minor trait.

I mean can we move the gunsaber itself to a utility slot and make it exactly like an engi kit. Seems like I should be able to use it the same way I use a flame thrower. Then we have weapon swap and adrenaline when we drop it but lose them when we equip it. Wouldn't that work better? Sorry, I'm not good at theory crafting.

10 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I never said it's unplayable. 

What I say is that I don't see a reason to do much more for way less. 

Why go through all the hoops with Bladesworn when I can get way better results with Base Warrior. 

And just a reminder how much kitten Base Warrior is. 

Bladesworn simply has no role. 

Also over 15k hours, 40k AP, full Legy armory here.  I don't think that's an skill issue. 🤔

As someone else already pointed out, I got your message tangled with the OP.

I also have no way of knowing anything about your account or player ability, I was just going to offer help if I was able to, but the point is moot.

3 hours ago, Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485 said:

to be fair, it is one of the best bar breaks we got... hell the trait is one of the  best ones for boss fights.

Well I wouldnt call 500 breakbar damage particular good, since you dont have it on demand and its pretty much the only thing you have, since you have no utility space most of the time.

4 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Sadly, until you get CC'd twice in a row and that single stab stack is gone.

You also have aegis with that stab stack.

One option I will try is brave stride + warrior's sprint + daring dragon.  If you've built up flow, you can do a quick charge to break immob and get more stab, then reset for a solid hit (or more charges).

If we're forced to use the gunsaber skills, I'd like them to offer a little more than 1 boon (fury) and 1 debuff (vuln), and add some real utility, especially as the dps is a little low. Adding some solid CC to these skills would make them actually usable, making up for the loss of the second weapon slot. At the moment, with my skillbar I have to make a choice between CC or survivability/flow, and I really don't want to have to rely on 'kick' to make this new spec work! :P