New Map Empty For New Expansion I Am Sad

Couple of things I've noticed : Not nearly as many instanced parts on the first map as HoT or PoF, and the first map is Very new player friendly, there arent that many fights around, New Kaineng is similarly not that ostensibly hostile. I haven't continued the story within New Kaineng to judge whether or not there are or more story instances or not, but so far, I've felt things have been rather expeditive.

I'm guessing players are on farther maps ahead of me, or are gathering heropoints elsewhere for the classes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mikansei.5742 said:

It feels like their "map closing due to low population" tech is bugged for the new maps, and instances with only a handful of people left are just staying up instead of getting spun down... which is either 1. a bug or 2. an overcorrection, and doesn't mean the game is dead and the expac has failed, lol.

The map closing seems to be odd. I keep getting asked to leave empty maps, like 3 an hour.  The map they send me to is as empty as the one I was on.  Maybe the algorithm is messed up?

I generally see few players but I blame that on my time zone.  If I play in the middle of the night (US prime time) I see tons of players, but middle of the day, Philippines time, I rarely see large groups. 

• Like 3

I saw probably more people than normal in the maps when I was in them yesterday. I think that as time goes on and more players are able to login and play you'll start seeing more people.

Not to mention all of the people right now doing the story, you won't see them when they enter an instance

On 01/03/2022 at 07:02, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

Meu palpite é que essa expansão é muito básica, sem nada de excitante e novo, então muitas pessoas a ignoraram.

parece mais uma atualização de história viva do que uma expansão.

I agree with you. I found the expansion weak so far. What I found most exciting and beautiful about the new expansion were the new specializations.
The turtle mount: I don't even know if I'd run after it.
I expected more mounts, maybe a floating jade dragon that would go through structures, turn invisible, or just float in the sky like the skyscale. Or some giant Arachnid insect, which would climb any vertical structure.
They could have invested in extremely high and unreachable settings for any other mount (except spiders).
It was going to be amazing.
Putting a turtle that crawls and shoots limited is like "it's just another mount".
I didn't buy the expansion, I don't intend to buy it now, because I'm from Brazil and the price is inaccessible to me. But the only reason I would buy it would be the specializations...

That's because Anet limited the EoD map cap to only 60 players, therefore it got full really fast. You gotta be on the map 30 or 45 minutes earlier to find group on lfg. The reason behind this is because Anet want to test the server stability. Here is the link to that post made by Anet dev : 

Edited by Parzival.9340
  • Thanks 1

I’m not very far into the expac - about halfway round Kaineng and as much as I have enjoyed it so far esp in co op, the empty maps linger. And to be honest, given the lack of anything to do, that could be more of a contributing fact than I thought. No adventures, bounties, races, poor metas, lack of solo events. Even when people do appear, they tend to run past since events aren’t worth their time or of interest.

Anet - use your assets. Bounties alone are repeatable content and I loved doing those. Adventures would be great in Kaineng and the potential for griffon challenges is ripe. How is this not in the game? You had two years after all

I’m def having fun and Kaineng is gorgeous, but there’s a distinct lack of things to do, and collect in Shing Jea and Kaineng versus how much variety PoF maps had (and that was the expac people said had no replayable content). I can’t see any reason to ever return apart from to look at it. Which means the feedback from PoF wasn’t taken on board.

I want to see people everywhere. That’s why I play an mmo. And GW2 especially because it is so coop friendly. If I want a beautiful solo roaming game, I’ll stick to xenoblade.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not because everyone is in Dragon's End doing the meta; there are too many instances for each map.  I was in New Kaineng City last night and the map seemed very empty so I decided to check LFG to see if other maps had any groups doing the Power Outage meta.  When I checked there were 12+ "groups" in lfg (each with 1-2 players) advertising ports to the top of the Jumping Puzzle.  While possible that several of these "groups" were in the same instance, it seems more likely that there are way too many instances and not enough players in each instance of the map. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2022 at 2:55 AM, Jack Swiftclaw.9076 said:

You know what you are right I have not seen the icon to switch maps at all since EoD launched.  But with most maps at 5-10 players it makes alot of the events impossible to complete.

Hopefully we see a fix for this over the next few days. But I got to say these maps are gorgeous.

when im roaming new maps i put a LFG(event farming) normally its fill.

Not gonna lie, seeing New Kaineng emptier than Old Kaineng back in GW1 just makes me question how they actually designed the player population distribution in this expansion. 

All the other expacs, I go into a map and see plenty of players to the point that I can just tag up without needing to LFG to do a meta and it fills up easily, but this expansion definitely has issues when it comes to its population distribution. 

• Like 1

I’m also seeing a lot of maps closing due to low population. If this is a megaserver issue it needs urgent fixing. It’s a really bad look to have a new expansion so empty and lifeless. Yes it needs more content urgently as well, but first step is to get people playing together and that means fixing whatever is going on with the megaservers. Then they must reevaluate content in the early two maps. It’s simply not where a paid expac should be and well below the living world standards.

Loving boats though. But having a river and ocean to myself is a bit sad

• Like 1