Why no one talking about Untamed in sPVP

Mell.4873

I just came off a couple of gold games where I found untamed a huge improvement over my Soulbeast. The juggling of pets, teleports and CC is amazing, some fight I can chain stun my enemies with both the Rock Gazelle and Electric Wyvern.

My general combo was Spike Trap into Exploding Spores. The amount of traits that combo off CC is disgusting.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I just came off a couple of gold games where I found untamed a huge improvement on my Soulbeast. The juggling of pets, teleports and CC is amazing, some fight I can chain stun my enemies with both the Rock Gazelle and Electric Wyvern.

My general combo was Spike Trap into Exploding Spores. The amount of traits that combo off CC is disgusting.

Untamed is garbage tier in PvP. You use core skills, core weapons and practically forget about the swapping the goo. You are not playing untamed and wasting one traitline.

Even very known streamers say something in the line of it. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 12

2 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Untamed is garbage tier in PvP. You use core skills, core weapons and practically forget about the swapping the goo. You are not playing untamed and wasting one traitline.

How is that counter point at all. I pretty much only use untamed stuff I mean the teleport is broken. You can 1v2 very easily by just circleing someone and then teleportng back you or your pet to re-engage.

The other cool things is the top row of the untamed traits, they all focus on stunning to reduce cooldown, conditions and quickness. I just run as many stuns as I can. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

How is that counter point at all. I pretty much only use untamed stuff I mean the teleport is broken. You can 1v2 very easily by just circleing someone and then teleportng back you or your pet to re-engage.

The other cool things is the top row of the untamed traits, they all focus on stunning to reduce cooldown, conditions and quickness. I just run as many stuns as I can. 

The only point i can agree is the blink is the only cantrip which gives a result. I don't think it is broken and I don't think you understand what broken is. 

I find funny it works like Thief's  teleports thou, ignoring terrain although you still need a target. 

The rest of you comment makes no sense at all, I think  you are just here to troll. Everyone agrees this spec is well below average in quality and playability. The top row is the worst of them all including the CD reduction on CC hit. 

For example it is very difficult to get the quickness from the top row traits as in hammer you don't have CC while unleashed. 

As I said I reading  too much trolling in this subforum lately. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

Boyce said it was decent? 😛 and was also one shotting players with it it's prolly not top tier none of the EoD elites are but it isn't garbage 😂

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Boyce said it was decent? 😛 and was also one shotting players with it it's prolly not top tier none of the EoD elites are but it isn't garbage 😂

I am paraphrasing here but Boyce said it was "ok" but it felt like a lot of work. That the EoD pets are garbage. That he could do so much better in soulbeast in the same circumstances. 
And we are talking about Boyce who you can give any build in nomad gear and an stick and make it look good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

I am paraphrasing here but Boyce said it was "ok" but it felt like a lot of work. That the EoD pets are garbage. That he could do so much better in soulbeast in the same circumstances. 
And we are talking about Boyce who you can give any build in nomad gear and an stick and make it look good. 

Ah yeah he ignored the new pets tbh. 

EoD speccs seem to mainly lack utility overall, although they all seem to do a hell of alot of damage 😂

The one shots are absolute rife currently, while I do enjoy the lack of bunker builds being used I do wonder what Anet will do concerning that 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

EoD speccs seem to mainly lack utility overall, although they all seem to do a hell of alot of damage

Unplayed is specially awful in that regard thou. With other classes you have core skills which usually brings something to the table. With the garbage Unplayed brings to the table you can't do anything. 

What irks me is Unplayed is supposed (or at least sold of) as WvW zerg elite. And current design will not allow that doesn't matter how much number dancing anet does with it.

As roamer we have soulbeast/druid  and we don't need another roamer elite.  For PvE Druid is the choice (until Anet improve the spirits that is).  

Untamed had the natural spot of WvW zergs. Anet missed the memo where it was explained why spellbreaker has an spot in squads. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, anduriell.6280 said:

There is no reason to exaggerate things. Untamed isn't garbage, unless you're specifically talking about what it was supposed to be. Because as a teamfight bruiser, ye sure, it is kinda garbage or at least lacking. And ye, the new pets are kinda garbage as well, especially what they did with Soulbeast merge. But that's not relevant to Untamed.

As far as Boyce goes, regardless of your claim on how he makes anything look good, he put Untamed in tier 2 below the current best ones. Hardly garbage.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, anduriell.6280 said:

why spellbreaker has an spot in squads. 

Doesn't really matter why it or any other spec has a spot, the mere existence of the ranger pets will always ruin it. Whether it is just there to die and take up valueable real estate on your UI (druid) or they try to implement new mechanics through it like boon removal and shields (untamed), it's ineffective at best.

I hate that the common notion is that soulbeast "removed" the pet, so untamed had to "embrace" it. Soulbeast never removed anything. Soulbeast is literally salvaging the entire pet mechanic in this game. It makes it useable, and not just through being permamerged, but also through constant merging and unmerging as well. It is the most effective use of the pet we've ever had in all three game modes. It's the only spec that has ever been close to being useable at the highest level in all three game modes.

If Anet really wanted to make Untamed a good WvW spec, they would have gone the full way and given us a mechanic with no reliance on AI. They can keep the theme and whatnot, but the physical AI can't exist in an effective zerg build.

• Like 3

This is probably our highest skill ceiling spec, so it will take some time to master.

Many things to like about Untamed, other already mentioned the teleport and the big combos. 
I really like the elite and the stun break(with the condi cleanse), it open builds that don't relay on commands/survival skills.

A tip for low APM players(like myself), go with range pets that don't use the F1/F3 as part of its damage rotation(like spiders). When all the F1-F3 are utility skills with high CD duration, you don't have to spam so much and you don't lose damage pressure.

For example - I really like trapper/poison master Untamed and I think it's working better compared to other ranger specs. Full control on spider + the untamed F3 skill, you have so much poison fields to combo with and few more ways to apply poison. 

Trying to add ambush skills to my rotation, it not very intuitive . I think it should get higher time window  for activation. 
I also think that the Untamed F2 skill should be instant and the elite duration should be 8sec(up from 6 sec) in PVP. 

Edited by LughLongArm.5460
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Doesn't really matter why it or any other spec has a spot, the mere existence of the ranger pets will always ruin it.

It shouldn't necessarily. Pests are a challenge alright but there are infinite solutions to make it work. I just expose the health swap in my comments as a way to be able to revive the pet a any moment at a cost. 

1 hour ago, Infinity.2876 said:

The question is what happens to cc druid if untamed is better at cc( which it is) you can't just very well use it for support ( every thing else is better at support cause it didn't provide much boons)

How so? Soulbeast already has better CC than Unplayed. Druid definitely is much better.  

1 hour ago, Lazze.9870 said:

There is no reason to exaggerate things. Untamed isn't garbage, unless you're specifically talking about what it was supposed to be. Because as a teamfight bruiser, ye sure, it is kinda garbage or at least lacking. And ye, the new pets are kinda garbage as well, especially what they did with Soulbeast merge. But that's not relevant to Untamed.

33 minutes ago, LughLongArm.5460 said:

This is probably our highest skill ceiling spec, so it will take some time to master.

I will  just wait here until the peep's honeymoon phase is over. 

I haven't been wrong, not about the druid, not about the soulbeast and definitely not about the untamed. 
Yes Anet may try to pull  something like deleting soulbeast so Unplayed looks like a better choice which ultimately will fail because nobody wants to be micromanaging low CD pet skills above all the gargabe this new elite has added to ranger with the ambushes and dual hammer. 

Untamed is garbage independently of what was supposed to be because for roamer/dueling  we have soulbeast, for PvE we have Druid, for sidenoder we have core which still better than Unplayed (said by your estimated streamer) . 

So why step on other elites roles? Why would you want 2 different elites which only work in dueling? What is the point to defend that thinking ?

Because it is hard? Just play with core and 2 trait lines, you got your hard mode there. No need for a garbage spec for a full new expansion. 

Such coping mechanism I am reading in this subforfum..... 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lazze.9870 said:

Doesn't really matter why it or any other spec has a spot, the mere existence of the ranger pets will always ruin it. Whether it is just there to die and take up valueable real estate on your UI (druid) or they try to implement new mechanics through it like boon removal and shields (untamed), it's ineffective at best.

I hate that the common notion is that soulbeast "removed" the pet, so untamed had to "embrace" it. Soulbeast never removed anything. Soulbeast is literally salvaging the entire pet mechanic in this game. It makes it useable, and not just through being permamerged, but also through constant merging and unmerging as well. It is the most effective use of the pet we've ever had in all three game modes. It's the only spec that has ever been close to being useable at the highest level in all three game modes.

If Anet really wanted to make Untamed a good WvW spec, they would have gone the full way and given us a mechanic with no reliance on AI. They can keep the theme and whatnot, but the physical AI can't exist in an effective zerg build.

This!! A Thousand times, This!

Soulbeast doesn't ignore the pet, it exemplifies it. It's the nearest to good a pet spec can get on GW2 with the godawful pet system this game has. Tactical play through merging/unmerging and more commands without having to micro-manage.

Untamed is a joke. You can't remove the pet when you need it and can become a liability in some content, you have to micro manage everything the pet does or it's massive DPS loss. It's lazily implemented with every pet in the game getting the same 3 goo skills and the visuals are horrendous. It's actually worse than core and that's the only impressive thing about the entire spec.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

The visuals grew on me. I actually like them

i am sorry the visuals got nerfed (yes somehow) from the beta 1. Hamme#4 used to do a ground wave similar to some raid bosses. 

The lack of that visuals not only matter to enemies but also to the player. WE are supposed to play looking at the screen and not the toolbar. That is the gw2 selling point "interactive combat" and that is what it has been doing up until now.  Unplayed makes me to have my eyes fixed in the toolbar, if I want to do that I play LA. 

• Like 2

Wow this post went down the toilet. Why must all the new EoD sepcs be garbage.

I am working my way back to platinum after reaching there once with soulbeast at the end of the season when no one was playing, Right now I'm high gold 🙂

Honestly the reason I can make is work is because I primarily play ranged with shortbow primary and I swap to axe + torch when I down or root someone. 

This was my Soulbeast build and is now more oppressive with Untamed since I use and like the pet. 

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

It shouldn't necessarily. Pests are a challenge alright but there are infinite solutions to make it work. I just expose the health swap in my comments as a way to be able to revive the pet a any moment at a cost. 

It is. And I'm not gonna debate that any further because I have nothing good to say about the suggestions people make on how to make pets "work" in zegs.

The fact is that if you were to give the unleashed pet skills to the ranger itself as normal F skills, it would be a huge improvement for zergs and GvG play solely because you wouldn't have to fiddle around with the pets anymore. That's not something I would suggest them to do, but it would be a major improvement for that type of content.

21 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

What is the point to defend that thinking ?

I'm not defending anything, I'm telling you to not exaggerate everything.

Calling Untamed garbage when it's technically not doesn't convey a good conversation. Focus on the fact that it doesn't play the role it was meant to be. That it doesn't allow ranger to participate in content it is shunned from. 

Edited by Lazze.9870

3 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Wow this post went down the toilet. Why must all the new EoD sepcs be garbage.

I am working my way back to platinum after reaching there once with soulbeast at the end of the season when no one was playing, Right now I'm high gold 🙂

Honestly the reason I can make is work is because I primarily play ranged with shortbow primary and I swap to axe + torch when I down or root someone. 

This was my Soulbeast build and is now more oppressive with Untamed since I use and like the pet. 

I’m interested in this build as well if you don’t mind sharing. 

On 3/4/2022 at 1:56 PM, Ajjaxx.4029 said:

I’m interested in this build as well if you don’t mind sharing. 

The build makes itself

Skirmishing, Wilderness, Untamed. Shortbow axe/torch (that won't get you far once you have climbed a bit, the weapons offer close to zero defense - I'd swap torch with off-hand dagger). Iboga pet. Usual condi setup otherwise with either traps or survival skills, maybe a cantrip here or there. Carrion amulet. Krait, trapper runes, or whatever else. Energy sigils. Fill in the blanks to your own taste based on what works, that's a better way of doing it either way.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Thanks 1