EoD Masteries not alt friendly!?

WHY!!!!!!! 

Who designed these features!!! >< 

Fishing + Jade Bot both have accessories attached to them that are not shared across characters!!! 

I am soo confused on why this is a thing, its makes these masteries sooo frustrating. Switch character.... nope can't use those masteries you're missing components. 

HoT, PoF, Icebrood Saga doesn't matter unlock masteries all characters can use them, makes hoping around various classes amazing.
These EoD masteries are just frustrating and unfun because of this limitation.

Edited by Walle.6045
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

The only thing that makes no sense is really the fact a T1 Core is not coming with every level 80 characters.
And that the Lure isn't coming to any characters (past the mastery obtention).

The only work around that problem I found was using the bank to trade the one set between characters, I'm fortunate to have max bank tabs though as the whole set takes approximatively 18 slots in the bank... or if you have nothing put in your shared inventory slot that is also an idea if you can get this many...

Getting the Guild Hall (if you have one) Workbench will also help.

Lots of Ifs, that unfortunately doesn't explain the more than weird choice and breaking of the cycle on how masteries has worked until now, but if my tests can help someone, please use them to your heart content! 😄

You can craft jade bot cores for those characters that you don't intend to play the story with, or buy them from the trading post (they'll get to be cheaper over time).

As for fishing, you can share bait with your other characters through your bank. I haven't payed much attention to fishing yet, but I'd expect lures to be available somewhere, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

You can craft jade bot cores for those characters that you don't intend to play the story with, or buy them from the trading post (they'll get to be cheaper over time).

As for fishing, you can share bait with your other characters through your bank. I haven't payed much attention to fishing yet, but I'd expect lures to be available somewhere, too.

I think you get more stuff when you get Local Legend Mastery

6 hours ago, Friday.7864 said:

Definitely not alt friendly.
Switched back to main character after a few minutes on alt due to that.

The only method it can be alt-friendly is unfortunately with an extravagant amount of bank expressed or a permanent contract where you can trade them back and forth (or a guild bank but that would ask you to leave the map so less optimal solution).

All of the jade bot equipment should be account-wide unlockables. It doesn't make any sense otherwise.

I also don't really get the "just buy a core off the trading post" argument. Yeah, the price will eventually go down. But without a core, an alt cannot use any jade objects in Cantha whatsoever. No zip lines, batteries, glider boost, rez, nothing. At all. If you only own EoD, this makes Cantha nearly impossible to traverse (especially Kaineng).

Most of the modules are also account-bound anyway. And they can't be equipped unless you're near a bench. So why are they even items? They should just be unlocks.

The only thing this decision does is hurt the game, because now I don't want to play any of the expansion content with alts.

And if their intent is to add a mega grind to obtain "legendary" jade bot equipment, that's really not good enough. The system -just- launched and it's already so tedious that I haven't bothered to use it at all. Asking me to dump hundreds of gold into a legendary sensor array to fix the lack of QoL isn't going to work. I've already disengaged from the system. It needs to be made convenient, immediately, as a baseline for everyone.

Edited by Tulki.1458
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

6 minutes ago, Tulki.1458 said:

All of the jade bot equipment should be account-wide unlockables. It doesn't make any sense otherwise.

I also don't really get the "just buy a core off the trading post" argument. Yeah, the price will eventually go down. But without a core, an alt cannot use any jade objects in Cantha whatsoever. No zip lines, batteries, glider boost, rez, nothing. At all. If you only own EoD, this makes Cantha nearly impossible to traverse (especially Kaineng).

Most of the modules are also account-bound anyway. And they can't be equipped unless you're near a bench. So why are they even items? They should just be unlocks.

To be honest I have already unravelled part of that mystery, the Story will also Awards a Writ of Adventure for every Story Chapter you clear every day... which is used to buy Legendary Gen 3 Precursor Recipes... that would link with the fact you have to replay the story on alts to get the Jade bot, which IS a weird decision not gonna lie... it reformulates everything we have known and thrown three quarters of it by the windows.

I'm starting to feel it is not the same Devs Team that worked on that Expansion as the one working on HoT or even PoF, which was in 2015 and 2017 respectively, so I think we are seeing the damages of the 2019 Layoffs now...

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

People have dozens of alts. There is no reason to turn these masteries into a mess of item trading between alts. This actively discourages playing alt characters. People can;t afford to equip everyone to use these and don't want the massive hassle of trying to juggle one set of items.

I have 70 alts soo yeah I'm with you all on this...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

I'm starting to feel it is not the same Devs Team that worked on that Expansion as the one working on HoT or even PoF, which was in 2015 and 2017 respectively, so I think we are seeing the damages of the 2019 Layoffs now...

I'm feeling the same way; not the same, and it's a bit of a pain to have to acquire the jade bot through story again and again, just to be able to use those ziplines. It's not even like HoT, where all you had to do was train in certain masteries to use the mushrooms and gliders. It was a pain because they didn't exist prior, but you didn't have to re-acquire a glider every time you went to Maguuma. Definitely not a fan of this.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tukaram.8256 said:

The jade bot should really be account wide, like the mounts.  

I use my shared inventory slots for bait etc, so that is not so much of a problem. A tackle box to hold it all would be very helpful though. 😎

There are far more important things to use shared slots for. most people have most of them full already.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boogiepop Void.6473 said:

There are far more important things to use shared slots for. most people have most of them full already.

They would happily sell more slots ha ha

I have 18. 3 have fishing supplies, 3 are empty. Other than travel gizmos (like invitation to the party), and salvage kits, there is very little I need to share.  Most of mine are filled with food & boosters - basically junk. 😎

19 hours ago, Walle.6045 said:

WHY!!!!!!! 

Who designed these features!!! >< 

Fishing + Jade Bot both have accessories attached to them that are not shared across characters!!! 

I am soo confused on why this is a thing, its makes these masteries sooo frustrating. Switch character.... nope can't use those masteries you're missing components. 

HoT, PoF, Icebrood Saga doesn't matter unlock masteries all characters can use them, makes hoping around various classes amazing.
These EoD masteries are just frustrating and unfun because of this limitation.

I was disappointed about that too. 

What I like the most with GW2 is the fact that you when you unlock something. You unlock it for good for your account and it is even better after on your alts.

I don't know why they did that for this expansion. On each alt you need to unlock the masteries again. Hopefully they will change that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

It really does seem like it. 
Like HoT was not perfect but it added a new system 
PoF added more and learned from what people disliked about HoT 
IceBrood added even more on top 

EoD was like lets add a new system inside of a working system but that system really does not matter as you still need to unlock it and also gear it out separately per character ALSO hope your crafting is at 400 (mine is, not the point) 

We added fishing! Cool! Helping out a friend, feel like playing an alt want to fish? too bad 

• Like 1

Usually I'd jump in with a dozen or more characters, but the jade bot and fishing not being functional unless you buy/craft/move multiple items to them makes it a lot more frustrating than it has to be.

Have a default core once you unlock the jade bot. It doesn't let you use chips and doesn't give you bonus vitality but it does let you use jade tech. Similarly, have a bait box that's shared between all characters. Give it a slot or two to hold lures and 8 slots for bait and it would make things so much easier. Both still encourage players to get better items on their alt(s) but removes how punishing it is if you hop on an alt that isn't kitted out yet.