Upcoming Changes to "The Battle For The Jade Sea"

Not going to bother with the Meta or the turtle. There is nothing, absolutely nothing fun, rewarding, challenging or epic about fighting your own bad luck. So until they can fix this mess of an RNG fest, I'll stay away from it.

Any they better do something about, for even with the "improved" rewards, this is still going to die quickly now that the turtle egg can just be bought.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Zephire.8049 said:

The rewards are a side issue, anyway. The main problem is with the encounter itself, not shinies (or lack thereof) at the end. Temporarily increasing loot slightly is a bandaid and it won't fix the issue of player retention or population on maps both interested in doing the meta and skilled/organized enough to have a chance at beating it.

Hard disagree. Let's say the meta was easier. Why would anyone bother doing it if the rewards aren't there? What are you getting from this event that you can't get from others? Once you've gotten the turtle other metas require less time, effort and have greater rewards. After the initial completion and 'wow' factor are gone, like other people said, the map is empty.

Once the rewards are worth it, experienced players will flock back to the event. Till then their experience can get them better rewards pretty much anywhere else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Why isn't this like Drizzlewood part 1 where you're rewarded for doing a long meta? Instead it's slightly better rewards than before if you succeed. If groups continue to fail does it mean another wasted 2 hours with still nothing to show for it which was one of the biggest issues with the meta?

Edited by Leven Carby.1704
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, chronometria.3708 said:

Seeing the lack of meta changes and the addition of the turtle skins just feels off to me. Just what is going on?

ANET figured, for some weird reason, that most players would have the turtle by now. The skins were obviously scheduled for today way back before the release. The problem now is, will they fix the META - not just the horrible rewards, but the whole fight and the reason it is in open world? This META needs to be friendly to random groups. Maps should be able to be formed on the spur of the moment and have a greater than 75% chance to succeed. 

Edited by Heibi.4251
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Cloudz.6890 said:

Hard disagree. Let's say the meta was easier. Why would anyone bother doing it if the rewards aren't there? What are you getting from this event that you can't get from others? Once you've gotten the turtle other metas require less time, effort and have greater rewards. After the initial completion and 'wow' factor are gone, like other people said, the map is empty.

Once the rewards are worth it, experienced players will flock back to the event. Till then their experience can get them better rewards pretty much anywhere else.

I said the rewards are a side issue, not a non-issue. Yes there needs to be some decent reward/reward structure in place to keep people playing it but the priority issue right now should be how many people do not enjoy the meta, burnt out on the meta, refuse to do the meta, or don't have the time to do the meta. You can have the biggest, shiniest reward there is but if people hate what they have to do to get it, they aren't going to do it, especially if it's like how it is now where the people running it for personal gain are being gatekeepers and will change map instances at the last minute to shake off anyone who wasn't in the squad.

For an open world meta that Anet expects people to run regularly for years.

Experienced players are good—and can even carry metas—but you cannot pay experienced players to come back to content they hate unless you make it so they don't hate the experience or pay enough to bribe them to come back. Easing up on mechanics (there have been a lot of suggestions in this thread about ways to go about it without taking away from the "epicness" of the fight) benefits everyone because those experienced/hardcore players need less experienced/casual players to populate the map and keep it going while the latter group benefits from the experience of the former group and will have a higher chance of success because of them which will lead to more positive experiences with the meta as a whole. By both groups.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, chronometria.3708 said:

Seeing the lack of meta changes and the addition of the turtle skins just feels off to me. Just what is going on?

Also no mention of the turtle merchant despite the delay in the second half of patch notes.

It's strange and feels like the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing and the feet are doing their own thing oblivious to what either of the the hands are doing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 consecutive fails this evening, added to the 4 previous fails, no gold to show for the 12 hours I put into this meta achievement. I can't imagine how others who are now into dozens of tries must feel if they still haven't got lucky with a successful map. This isn't just about the turtle anymore, it is wanting to see how the meta finishes when it is a win. That, and I need the Vindicator thing... 😣  

Edited by fizzypetal.7936
added to post
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Look.... I'm not gonna buy another gem until this is fixed. A random group just doesn't have the dps to get it done. I wont buy another expansion either. 

Anyways Ill be on the new SWTOR expansion for the time being. 

Edited by Ordin.9047
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi everyone. Just joined a random organized squad after the new patch. No Discord required. The standard procedure to beat Soo Won included  to get your Dragon’s End Contributor buff up to the maximum of 10% (Just need to do 10 Pre - events), use the Jade Tech Defensive / Offensive Protocol for buffs, can be extended up to 90 minutes. It is advisable to use your strenght, speed, armor and rejuvenation boosters if you have them. Ascended food and thesis if available. Setup your personal WP when you arrive at the disc. Place 2 waystations on each side of the disc and have EMP charged at all times for CC to break Soo Won´s bar as quicly as possible. The squad must include people with alacrity and quickness skills, (Our Squad had 10 of each of multiple classes). The DPS was very good, RNG was´nt so bad between phases. During the green circle phases, if you get to be a Wisp, try to get back to the disc as quickly as possible, if not, help by killing Thornhearts, and use the crystals to “block” any waves. Divide evenly when you are facing the champs and if one of the champs lacks DPS, send 2 or 3 people to help to kill´em at the same time. If you´re caught in a whirlpool, just die and use your personal wp or wp to logan´s ship, use the gliding skills on Soo Won while you approach back, those have AOE Heals and good damage. We managed to beat Soo Won at the 2:00 mark. I was able to get the elite weapon item for my mesmer now, grab some dialogue between Aurene and Soo Won and finish the Looking back achievment for the MP. It was great. So please take these steps into account, and try to get as much organized as you can in your map. I wish you good luck. Have a nice day and enjoy the expansion. I belive it´s really good and it´s gonna get better with time. So don´t give up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Zephire.8049 said:

Also no mention of the turtle merchant despite the delay in the second half of patch notes.

It's strange and feels like the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing and the feet are doing their own thing oblivious to what either of the the hands are doing.

I get they weren't happy with the feedback about the meta, the complaints about the turtle being connected to it and people just being generally upset with the overall design, but omitting this from the patch notes seems rather petty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Ordin.9047 said:

Anyways Ill be on the new SWTOR expansion for the time being. 

Having played it(and gone to GW2 from it). You'll be on it for about 3 hours. It's literally the shortest expansion they've released. It's on life support.

• Like 1

Seriously, Anet?  How tone-deaf do you have to be, emailing advertisements for the Turtle mounts pack without first providing a reasonable expectation of being able to complete the DE meta.  I am not going to buy the stupid egg from a vendor, after you've wasting well over 10 hours of my time on the DE meta.  That meta has to be completed for other reasons anyway.  I just wish you respected other people time, and didn't so casually waste it.  You've squandered my trust and good will.  I am not going to waste even more of my time enumerating all the issues that you are clearly doubling down on.  However, if whatever you do doesn't begin with a heartfelt sincere apology to your player base, including some serious contrition lacking any equivocation, then whatever you do will be taken as empty gestures.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Okay we got in on a map and we were working the events. A CMDR arrived wanting to kitten U Me control of a map. I was going to say something about that if it were controllable it would have been made an instance. But I held my tongue. I said to myself lets see where this goes. Some other in map chat stated that CMDR had led wins before and they would make this map a win also if we did things they asked..Given I was already prepped (+10 map boon 1hr+Def & Of boons and all my other normal addon's) I figured okay lets see what happens, we have a CMDR that has won and knows how to, a full map, players willing to work together equipped for battle.

Things went smoothly for the most part. For I and my group. We did have much down time but here is a couple of problems I noticed:

•  
  1. Pet swapping, while in combat (a time when swapping pets isn't allowed) my turtle keep getting swapped out when it's still healthy and combative for my alt pet I didn't want just then!
  2. EMP kept getting removed even while in combat with SooWon
  3. CC even when breaking SooWon CC bar she keeps tail and swimming across platform owning half the players on the temple
  4. Lagony, be it from our older PC's (though still above your req specs) or the RNG bafflerythm SooWons status bar and timer drops in 10s of % and by minutes respectively. We were doing about 15% per minute and should have easily made the timer and instead at 3% with out even letting us finish we were removed with time still on the clock. at 50 seconds the 3%  vanished and we watched as the event failed and it just sat counting down from 43 seconds. I call BS.

So we should have won, but didn't. This should have been fun but wasn't I'm not saying anything that hasn't been said already. I'm done trying till I read more changes were made.

Change this to a proper Open world Experience.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cloudz.6890 said:

It's on life support.

Where do you think gw2 will be if they keep up the "Get Good" approach to an "Open World Experience"?
If we had our turtles by now I would have easily dumped another $400.00 into guild wars 2 today! No support for me no support for them.

This has morphed into a different game than I originally purchased. This is not cooperative open world PvE where you get to be a Hero this is a perversion of RAID level instanced content  pushed onto a game mode that clearly doesn't want it. All we'll ever be and hear is "your a tryhard" and "Get Good" and "you should have xyz". No, and we'll see you in our place in 20 years.

Edited by Seth Moonshadow.2710
content add
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Not saying anything about GW2. Just telling you to be prepared because it's so short. Like I said I came from SWTOR to GW2. 7.0 was super short. Not sure on the rules on this forum about talking about other games in a EoD thread tho. I've given my criticism of EoD basically since I started using the forums lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Seth Moonshadow.2710 said:

This has morphed into a different game than I originally purchased. This is not cooperative open world PvE where you get to be a Hero this is a perversion of RAID level instanced content  pushed onto a game mode that clearly doesn't want it. All we'll ever be and hear is "your a tryhard" and "Get Good" and "you should have xyz". No, and we'll see you in our place in 20 years.

Agree.

Completely different game than I'm used to. GW2 xpacs have always been an instant, obvious buy for me but I can safely say I would not have bought EoD knowing the current design direction.

I left WoW nearly a decade ago for these exact types of anti-player practices. The turtle, DE meta and non-account bound jade bot (masteries used to be account wide) have left me greatly concerned for the future of this game. But hey, I guess the others are right and I don't have to play.

The current devs are fairly inexperienced, and have a lot of learning to do. One can only hope they don't let pride blind them.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Attempt #7 and I just beat it. Had to be there an hour before the meta started to get a group. The commander spent the entire time explaining mechanics and required members to provide group buffs like alacrity and quickness then sorted us into groups. Sub-commanders called out mechanics constantly. Our dps was great, we always broke defiance bars, wisps all finished quickly, we weren't too unlucky with rng, and most of us avoided the killing mechanics well.

We finished with 30 seconds remaining.

30 seconds.

I got my turtle, and definitely will not be coming back to this meta until the thing is balanced more appropriately toward an open world event, because right now, it's stupid. It doesn't respect the players' time and it's way too frustrating to rely on every other player in the map efficiently working toward the same goal. If I didn't have a commander organizing a raid, we would have failed. At this point, it's not fun. Even when we won, all I felt was relief that I don't have to do it again, not any sense of satisfaction.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 4