Please lower the shatter cds on virtuoso.

zealex.9410

Im drowning on blades over here and all my shatters are on cd, it feels very bad sitting on 5 blades and not being able to use them.

You can lower the dmg to keep them in line but that would make it feel better imo (both higher uptime on the minor dmg buff and less time being capped/overflowing on blades.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

Im drowning on blades

seriously, it's disgusting

we should never have gotten core shatters just turned into projectiles with basically no changes, and then clones replaced with objects that do absolutely nothing as compensation 

especially after on-death trait removal, at least with that thing it could have done....... something????? 

all of this made absolutely 0 sense, it was lazy and nothing about this feels even half-decently thought out, like, at all 

20 minutes ago, zealex.9410 said:

You can lower the dmg to keep them in line

eh

they're already lacking 

even with lowered cooldowns it'd still be a questionable choice as opposed to its current competition of just simply not playing virtuoso 

unless we're talking like 

down to 3-5 seconds, then massively reduced damage, along with massive increase in blade generation

so that it's part of a quick rotation, and more brawly/consistent rather than bursty focused

7 minutes ago, MrAmputatoes.6031 said:
  •  
  • Make sword skills blades.

i don't..... actually think i agree with this

not with the current design 

i mean, they should just have never went with this blade concept, to begin with, in that case

because like how does this work for condi staff/scepter? they don't get any blades from their weapon skills

so both condi and power builds require the dagger, which at least makes more sense than one build flat out having more options 

and blades on swords, assuming other changes/buffs, means we're still relying more and more on sword and bloating it further and leaving less room for other options, as if power hasn't already been reliant on it for the entire existence of mesmers 

• Confused 3

Honestly same... I'm using dagger on a condition build and I get 5 blades almost instantly all the time. I wish shatters were instant cast which would help a lot with the flow of the class and to not waste as many blades when you are CC'd or in another animation since you cap out on 5 blades. I often have my ult up or the aoe dagger storm and get 5+ blades but I can't use my shatters and waste even more blade generation.

Maybe give the grandmaster trait that makes blades unblockable a cast time instead of the "only on evade" proc.

And blade songs need to recharge a lot faster. Might as well give every shatter 2 charges by default. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, MrAmputatoes.6031 said:
  1. Lower cast time and recharge.
  2. Increase projectile velocity.
  3. Buff condi duration on scepter and staff.
  4. Have blades overwrite older blades similar to clones.
  5. Fix non interactive traits and blades.
  6. Make sword skills blades.

3) SO TRUE!

I don't understand how the devs didn't think about all the nerfed condi potential of staff and scepter without clones that apply conditions. Those two weapons feel so useless on virtuoso.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Sodeni.6041 said:

3) SO TRUE!

I don't understand how the devs didn't think about all the nerfed condi potential of staff and scepter without clones that apply conditions. Those two weapons feel so useless on virtuoso.

They did think about it. Virtuoso is supposed to be a power based build. Then the devs quarter backtracked and tacked on condi traits for no reason, and now people think that it was designed to support condi, but that's just not true.

The design is broken

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

What about this as a solution...

If you have 5 blades, every additional blade you overcap reduces the cooldown on Bladestorms by 1s. This would fix both the cooldown problem as well as the "overcapping blades is easy and useless" problem. 

Also, I agree. Bladestorms should be like the Shade abilities and have no cast time or restrictions on use. Being able to use them while doing other things would help bring Virtuoso DPS up to competitive levels and just make the whole spec play a lot smoother. 

I think that those two changes would go a LONG way.

Edited by SDAKendall.6574
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Removing the cast times on bladesongs, making them not projectiles, so they can't be reflected, and restoring distortion to F4 would go a long way towards addressing major problems with virtuoso.

But its sad that some of the best ways to fix virtuoso is to literally bring it up to core mesmer level of usability

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, OriOri.8724 said:

Removing the cast times on bladesongs, making them not projectiles, so they can't be reflected, and restoring distortion to F4 would go a long way towards addressing major problems with virtuoso.

But its sad that some of the best ways to fix virtuoso is to literally bring it up to core mesmer level of usability

They would be INSANLY broken if they both had no cast time or travel time especially for PvP and WvW. 1200 Ranged almost unavoidable 10k burst isn't healthy.

Honestly, the spec feels 1/2 realized. Kind of like they thought up of the psychic blades theme but had trouble filling out the traits since almost all traits that affect illusions just don't function (i.e Sharper Images).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2022 at 10:13 AM, Sodeni.6041 said:

3) SO TRUE!

Imho, this wouldn't be an issue IF GS, Sword and Focus would have gained blade skills. It would simply mean that Scepter and Staff aren't BiS for condi Virtuoso which is fine. They will still be used on other specs.

For power Virtuoso.... yeah... Shatter Storm feels like a must-have.

• Haha 2