Follow me- let's get your egg.

After some of the most frustrating run-ins with the Dragon's End Meta, I have successfully cleared the fight several times. I've also failed it. Those fails allowed me time to reflect and adjust to bring victory to my fellow gamers.

This community has been absolutely wonderful about working together to get this done. We have ways. We have CC. We have alacrity. We have sub-groups. While I can't make a promise to always win, I can make a promise to teach, guide and triumph over tail-flail RNG.

I will be running 2 meta groups every day until my eyes bleed. I will help you get your egg. All that I ask is that you are open to instruction, that you are considerate of others, that you love to CC, you love to move around and you love your rotations. Dragon's End Meta is the literal culmination of everything we've done in the game from base game to HoT to PoF with a dash of strikes and fractals. I can teach you, I can guide you.

You can add me in game and send a mail if you're interested. I will let you know when meta's begin.

If you are a "casual", if you have accessibility issues (such as being colour blind or otherwise) I can and will help as I've done for others. I can take you to the golems in the aerodome and show you simple rotations to boost your DPS. I will help you succeed and get what you want. All I ask is that you put in some effort with me as I will put in the effort for you.

I have a special discord set up. You are not required to talk but it is easier to make call outs on the fly than typing. If you are  deaf, I can work with that (and I would ask we sit and chat before an event so I can go over the visuals and queues with you). Please do not let any accessibility issues stand in your way.

Follow me! Let's get your egg.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 6

WOW!! After reading through all the other posts on this meta, this is the best and most awesome one I have seen!!! I totally tip my hat to you and wish there were a lot more people like you!! After 18 tries, I finally got my first win tonight...it was a nail biter as we finished with only 3 seconds left on the timer, but we got it! I would love to run it again and will totally add you in game. I'm in no way the best with my Guardian and always want to learn more and do better. Hope to see you in the game!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Hi Vex,

I really appreciate your effort, but I won't be joining you. To do so would send the wrong signal to Anet, and reinforces the idea that exclusionary content in an open world setting is ok. 

Might join you after they take the appropriate steps to make the meta doable for all skill levels, and not be dependent on the effort of a driven few. If Anet doesn't, then in a few month's time when the hardcore crowd has moved on to the next hard content any new players coming to the map will be royally screwed. 

and Anet won't care at that point. They focus on the most recent content.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You are the kindest person I have seen on this yet.  I would love to take you up on it, because I am so very tired of trying.  I am covered in so many pain patches from this I am starting to look like a mummy.

Edited by Minjin.8259
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pretty Pixie.8603 said:

To do so would send the wrong signal to Anet, and reinforces the idea that exclusionary content in an open world setting is ok. 

It's doable by anyone who will take the time to listen into discord for call outs and perform to their best. Tonight we had people from all walks of life dominate; they weren't raiders or involved in strikes. But they listened, followed direction and stomped the CC bars. It was glorious.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Minjin.8259 said:

You are the kindest person I have seen on this yet.  I would love to take you up on it, because I am so very tired of trying.  I am covered in so many pain patches from this I am starting to look like a mummy.

Please add me. I'll make it as pain free as possible 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/7/2022 at 2:21 AM, Vexona.6452 said:

After some of the most frustrating run-ins with the Dragon's End Meta, I have successfully cleared the fight several times. I've also failed it. Those fails allowed me time to reflect and adjust to bring victory to my fellow gamers.

This community has been absolutely wonderful about working together to get this done. We have ways. We have CC. We have alacrity. We have sub-groups. While I can't make a promise to always win, I can make a promise to teach, guide and triumph over tail-flail RNG.

I will be running 2 meta groups every day until my eyes bleed. I will help you get your egg. All that I ask is that you are open to instruction, that you are considerate of others, that you love to CC, you love to move around and you love your rotations. Dragon's End Meta is the literal culmination of everything we've done in the game from base game to HoT to PoF with a dash of strikes and fractals. I can teach you, I can guide you.

You can add me in game and send a mail if you're interested. I will let you know when meta's begin.

If you are a "casual", if you have accessibility issues (such as being colour blind or otherwise) I can and will help as I've done for others. I can take you to the golems in the aerodome and show you simple rotations to boost your DPS. I will help you succeed and get what you want. All I ask is that you put in some effort with me as I will put in the effort for you.

I have a special discord set up. You are not required to talk but it is easier to make call outs on the fly than typing. If you are  deaf, I can work with that (and I would ask we sit and chat before an event so I can go over the visuals and queues with you). Please do not let any accessibility issues stand in your way.

Follow me! Let's get your egg.

I'll get it when they nerf the fight. Until then, no turtle skin sales from me hehe and I always buy skins.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Pretty Pixie.8603 said:

Hi Vex,

I really appreciate your effort, but I won't be joining you. To do so would send the wrong signal to Anet, and reinforces the idea that exclusionary content in an open world setting is ok. 

Might join you after they take the appropriate steps to make the meta doable for all skill levels, and not be dependent on the effort of a driven few. If Anet doesn't, then in a few month's time when the hardcore crowd has moved on to the next hard content any new players coming to the map will be royally screwed. 

and Anet won't care at that point. They focus on the most recent content.

To be frank, I am just going to get this mount to get over with the internal physical and mental struggles that poor life design decision has caused me, and then I am going to play something else to let ANet deal with their upcoming financial struggles, has if they don't change their ways, is just bound to happen. It is as appearant than the elephantic problem there is currently.

Do I want to do this? No!
Do I have to do this? Yes!
Which is a shame, but I would bare a far lesser shame than what the devs has been so struck in wanting to do when we told them it doesn't work...

Edited by KurokouNekoki.7891
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, KurokouNekoki.7891 said:

To be frank, I am just going to get this mount to get over with the internal physical and mental struggles that poor life design decision has caused me

If a video game causes you physical and mental struggles there is something wrong with you and you should maybe take care of that. Doesn’t sound healthy. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, yoni.7015 said:

If a video game causes you physical and mental struggles there is something wrong with you and you should maybe deal with that. 

Your comment is neither constructive nor appropriate. They've already said they're addressing it by playing something else. Something that should concern you, if you care about the health of this game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Pretty Pixie.8603 said:

Your comment is neither constructive nor appropriate. They've already said they're addressing it by playing something else. Something that should concern you, if you care about the health of this game.

Tbh, part of the struggles was to handling that sort of people like them and making sure that ANet gets the real portrait of how things stands, otherwise this is why I don't give a dang as much anymore.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Please don't use this thread to air your grievances. It's not the time, nor place. I have a special discord set up for this meta along with written directions and easy raid builds if you're unsure of your rotations or what's actually expected in a raid. All it takes is a bit of dedication and determination. Because I can promise you this: You'll never feel anything like you do when you complete it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Vexona.6452 said:

It's doable by anyone who will take the time to listen into discord for call outs and perform to their best. Tonight we had people from all walks of life dominate; they weren't raiders or involved in strikes. But they listened, followed direction and stomped the CC bars. It was glorious.

First of all congrats for doing this for the rest of the players.

Sadly like someone else said, i wont be doing this cause it would send a bad signal to ANET, every single other mount is not behind some raid hard meta that is not archivable by casual players who only have time very little time to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Glad to see someone helping out the community with the DE meta. Many people on the forum seem to just complain about wasting there time and how its a horrible event. They aren't doing anything helpful. If playing the game is wasting time idk what to say. Thank you!

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Drakth.1875 said:

Sadly like someone else said, i wont be doing this cause it would send a bad signal to ANET, every single other mount is not behind some raid hard meta that is not archivable by casual players who only have time very little time to play.

Don't air that stuff in my thread,   please. Boycotts or w/e doesn't matter. If you want to join, cool, but there are other threads to air grievances.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2