Virtuoso Weak Compared To Other Elite Specs?

Vunter.6245

24 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I think you have got a few things wrong, Chronomancer right now is Mesmer highest burst class due to the time-split being able to reset cooldowns; This wont change anytime soon.

Virtuoso might seem busty since it comes with a free shatter but in reality is the best sustain for a Mesmer due to having a condition to heal trait and the blades/clones are not lost between targets in a fight. For this reason during, fractals, boss meta and such it will be able to maintain the most damage and be able to heal itself.

Mirage has the highest damage ceiling, with condition mirage being able to pull numbers as high as 40k in fractals and about 30k in general PVE. The obvious problem with this is it ramps up which is not what you want most of the time.

Chrono also requires a large ramp to achieve it's damage regardless of whether it's burst or not which is why it's never been a major player in the fractals meta despite really high damage. Also the guy who writes the snowcrows builds for mesmer is benching 40k on power virt and some other guy has 34k on condi virt. Obviously probably a bit lower in actual content due to mechanics and such but virt is anything but bad.

11 minutes ago, Hallow.7368 said:

Chrono also requires a large ramp to achieve it's damage regardless of whether it's burst or not which is why it's never been a major player in the fractals meta despite really high damage. Also the guy who writes the snowcrows builds for mesmer is benching 40k on power virt and some other guy has 34k on condi virt. Obviously probably a bit lower in actual content due to mechanics and such but virt is anything but bad.

Yes but that's with raid buffs which Virtuoso cant self provide while Chronomancer almost can self provide. In a group setting Virtuoso will be better but everything else not really unless they massively buff it.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Yes but that's with raid buffs which Virtuoso cant self provide while Chronomancer almost can self provide. In a group setting Virtuoso will be better but everything else not really unless they massively buff it.

If you're playing fractals that aren't complete the pushover levels you're probably going to have 25 might and perm fury quickness and alac from quickbrand with renegade or another quickness build with support mech

• Confused 1

57 minutes ago, Hallow.7368 said:

If you're playing fractals that aren't complete the pushover levels you're probably going to have 25 might and perm fury quickness and alac from quickbrand with renegade or another quickness build with support mech

Yes because every fractal you randomly go in you are ensured that you will get quality people. What is your point in making this comment...?

Fact is Chrono brings more to the table then just pure dps like Virtuoso, and when I am soloing going into fractals I am not going to risk hoping that I will have decent gamers that are able to give me those requirements for my class to perform well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Salt Mode.3780 said:

Yes because every fractal you randomly go in you are ensured that you will get quality people. What is your point in making this comment...?

Fact is Chrono brings more to the table then just pure dps like Virtuoso, and when I am soloing going into fractals I am not going to risk hoping that I will have decent gamers that are able to give me those requirements for my class to perform well.

Ok? Do whatever the kitten you want I don't really care. You're sitting here talking like you thought about it down to the tiniest detail yet are pugging. But like what kind of players are you playing with? Pre EoD meta quickbrand and renegade would just fart out their important boons by pressing buttons on cooldown and right now you get perma alac, fury, regen, vigor and 25 might just by standing near heal mech's pet and them just pressing 2, 3 f3 and i believe barrier signet on cd and quickness harbinger brings perma quickness by swapping 2 traits then all you have to do is just stand near them while they do dps in full vipers. It's not really something that's able to be messed up.

Edited by Hallow.7368

56 minutes ago, Hallow.7368 said:

Ok? Do whatever the kitten you want I don't really care. You're sitting here talking like you thought about it down to the tiniest detail yet are pugging. But like what kind of players are you playing with? Pre EoD meta quickbrand and renegade would just fart out their important boons by pressing buttons on cooldown and right now you get perma alac, fury, regen, vigor and 25 might just by standing near heal mech's pet and them just pressing 2, 3 f3 and i believe barrier signet on cd and quickness harbinger brings perma quickness by swapping 2 traits then all you have to do is just stand near them while they do dps in full vipers. It's not really something that's able to be messed up.

Yikes talk about being heated for no reason. Nothing I said was within the realm of impossibilities, and the fact remains that chrono provides more then just DPS while Virtuoso does not. 

Its quite hilarious your rant about how other classes can provide all this while dpsing in their rotation yet blindly defend that Virtuoso is fine just providing dps and yet...so far I have not seen a Virtuoso in any of my fractal runs because simply there are better and easier options. 

I am by no means saying you cant use Virtuoso in fractals go ahead be my guest but having the expectations of all those to make the class function to its maximum is hilarious to say the least.

On the side note:

I've been trying to keep up with Snow Crow's benchmarks and so far I don't see Virtuoso up there, is this a bug?

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/10/2022 at 6:38 AM, Nezekan.2671 said:

Virtuoso and Untamed have a lot of problems right now. Not sure which is worse, but these two are definitely behind all other new e-specs.

Untamed is playable in all game modes you can build off of past ranger specs and have a playable class

Virtuoso I can not stand It, as a power build it is weak compared to other elite specs and as a condition  build it is also weak. compared to Mirage 

The Virtuoso has no place in groups or competitive play  the only decent skill is F4 Bladeturn Requiem 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

20 minutes ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

Untamed is playable in all game modes you can build off of past ranger specs and have a playable class

Virtuoso I can not stand It, as a power build it is weak compared to other elite specs and as a condition  build it is also weak. compared to Mirage 

The Virtuoso has no place in groups or competitive play  the only decent skill is F4 Bladeturn Requiem 

I'm not the biggest fan of Virtu... but...

Virtu is an easy top dps spec in instanced pve, its easier and stronger than the other mesmer spec's.

F4 from Virtu isn't decent it is worse than all other shatters mesmer has.

Untamed isn't a good dps, the only things untamed is good are spvp and cc.

Virtu has many problems most of them are spvp/wvw based but even I can't say it has absolutely no place in groups since on the pve side it is a good dps.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Urphen.2857 said:

I'm not the biggest fan of Virtu... but...

Virtu is an easy top dps spec in instanced pve, its easier and stronger than the other mesmer spec's.

F4 from Virtu isn't decent it is worse than all other shatters mesmer has.

Untamed isn't a good dps, the only things untamed is good are spvp and cc.

Virtu has many problems most of them are spvp/wvw based but even I can't say it has absolutely no place in groups since on the pve side it is a good dps.

Untamed I have two decent builds long/shortbow and a hammer Greatsword build's with good survivability the key for me is unchaining the pet while untamed pet skills are on cooldown 

As for the Virtuoso I can not find a viable build to clear maps or fight competitively in EoD it takes forever to kill a normal foe in power build or condi build 

WvW a Virtuoso is just a bag  

• Confused 2

33 minutes ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

Untamed I have two decent builds long/shortbow and a hammer Greatsword build's with good survivability the key for me is unchaining the pet while untamed pet skills are on cooldown 

As for the Virtuoso I can not find a viable build to clear maps or fight competitively in EoD it takes forever to kill a normal foe in power build or condi build 

Just cause you can't find it doesn't mean it's not there. Somehow OTHER people have found VERY effective Condi Virt builds for PVE despite your massive 'search'. 

Sounds like Virt is just something that doesn't fit you. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Biermeister.4678 said:

WvW a Virtuoso is just a bag  

The Builds exist, I have played the EoD story + brought the Map's on 100% with Virtu.

With Chrono or Mirage it's definitely easier to do story or maps, I prefer them over Virtu but it wasn't impossible to clear the EoD content with Virtu.

For WvW yeah I dislike it.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Urphen.2857 said:

The Builds exist, I have played the EoD story + brought the Map's on 100% with Virtu.

With Chrono or Mirage it's definitely easier to do story or maps, I prefer them over Virtu but it wasn't impossible to clear the EoD content with Virtu.

For WvW yeah I dislike it.

Two base builds I am messing with one power the other Condition 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PiwAgyFOKL9RdA-zRZYBRHIGuw5g8AA-e

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PixAgqZOuP+xfA-zRRYMRHIHe0cidLA-e 

they are just a base to work with 

Edited by Biermeister.4678
forgot last line