Vindi PermaQuickness for ONLY itself????

Howluffu.7259

4 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I think "play your way" was a bad choice of words. Doesn't that elude to the fact that you can get to max level with multiple ways, more that one not even needing weapons? I never assumed they started off with the idea that every class would excel at every role, which seemed to be the purpose of especs.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 6:13 AM, Obtena.7952 said:

They could but they aren't because they told us each CLASS will fill a role and Revenant already fills Alacrity. People, you need to read Anet's notification. 

As much as I agree that Rev doesn't need a quickness build, your argument doesn't really hold much value since both Guardian and Engineer already had quickness builds and yet were given an alac build as well with EoD.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

As much as I agree that Rev doesn't need a quickness build, your argument doesn't really hold much value since both Guardian and Engineer already had quickness builds and yet were given an alac build as well with EoD.

The issue the OP is questioning here is about Rev having 5 man boon sharing quickness, not if classes have access to the boons in question.

I'm just going to put this out there because I haven't seen it yet but I don't really see alac Mechanist being a 'thing' in teams and unless I missed something, Willbender doesn't share it's Alacrity with team members, at least not to the level where you could make a team build around that role. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The issue the OP is questioning here is about Rev having 5 man boon sharing quickness, not if classes have access to the boons in question.

I'm just going to put this out there because I haven't seen it yet but I don't really see alac Mechanist being a 'thing' in teams and unless I missed something, Willbender doesn't share it's Alacrity with team members, at least not to the level where you could make a team build around that role. 

Alac Mech is 100% a thing. Willbender not so much since they tacked that on, but Alac Mech is huge right now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 3/13/2022 at 3:57 AM, Shaogin.2679 said:

Alac Mech is 100% a thing. Willbender not so much since they tacked that on, but Alac Mech is huge right now.

I don't think a single exception to a class having access to multiple roles invalidates what I said. I mean, If Anet wanted to give Vindicator 5 man quickness, they would have done so. The question here is why they didn't. The likely answer is probably related in part to the fact that Revenant already has an established role with Alacrity. 

I mean, Anet could give every class access to every role if they wanted to ... but that's not what we see happening. So no one should be surprised when they don't get it and no one should be thinking classes should get access to more than one role. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

33 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't think a single exception to a class having access to multiple roles invalidates what I said. I mean, If Anet wanted to give Vindicator 5 man quickness, they would have done so. The question here is why they didn't. The likely answer is probably related in part to the fact that Revenant already has an established role with Alacrity. 

I mean, Anet could give every class access to every role if they wanted to ... but that's not what we see happening. So no one should be surprised when they don't get it and no one should be thinking classes should get access to more than one role. 

Well again, it is not a single exception. It is clear Anet intends Willbender to be a viable alac dps spec, they just haven't done a great job with it yet because it wasn't their original intent and it appears to still be a work in progress. So while I agree that Revenant doesn't need a quickness spec, we can't really draw the conclusion that Anet won't do it simply because it already has an alac spec. 

If anything, I would say it would upset the balance we have right now. Currently, there are 5 specs that can provide party quickness and 5 specs that can provide party alac, and with upcoming changes to spirits and banners that will likely change to 6 and 6. Sure we can debate the effectiveness of those specs compared to others, but that is what we have right now. Personally I like what we have right now and I'm looking forward to these banner and spirit changes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Well again, it is not a single exception. It is clear Anet intends Willbender to be a viable alac dps spec, they just haven't done a great job with it yet because it wasn't their original intent and it appears to still be a work in progress. So while I agree that Revenant doesn't need a quickness spec, we can't really draw the conclusion that Anet won't do it simply because it already has an alac spec. 

So you think Willbender will be a viable 5 man team buffer? Can't wait to see what that build looks like because I don't think it's going to be very good compared to the existing Alacrity builds.

If anything, I would say it would upset the balance we have right now. Currently, there are 5 specs that can provide party quickness and 5 specs that can provide party alac, and with upcoming changes to spirits and banners that will likely change to 6 and 6. Sure we can debate the effectiveness of those specs compared to others, but that is what we have right now. Personally I like what we have right now and I'm looking forward to these banner and spirit changes.

Yeah true ... upsetting the balance. I don't get what you are disagreeing with me about. Revenant already has a role through alacrity. As far as I'm concerned, that's about the balance between the classes and the roles that exist. That's the same to me. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

14 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

So you think Willbender will be a viable 5 man team buffer? Can't wait to see what that build looks like because I don't think it's going to be very good compared to the existing Alacrity builds.

I am saying that Anet clearly intends on it being a 5 man team buffer, and I also said that it may be currently lacking atm though due to Anet making that design decision later on after the Willbender's first beta. As I also pointed out, it may or may not be competitive with other alac builds, but it doesn't change the fact that it exists.

14 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't get what you are disagreeing with me about. Revenant already has a role through alacrity. As far as I'm concerned, that's about the balance between the classes and the roles that exist. That's the same to me. 

I made it clear about what I disagree on. You say Revenant can't have a quickness build simply because it already has an alac build. As I have pointed out, that makes no sense considering there are currently already 3 out of 9 professions that already have both quickness and alac builds, thus breaking the rule you theorize Anet wants to uphold. My observation was that instead, it would disrupt the current balance of specs that provide alac and/or quickness, which is currently sitting at an even 5 and 5, likely to soon become 6 and 6 this summer.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 11:23 PM, Infusion.7149 said:

Why would you give a class which is most wanted for alacrity a strong quickness source? It doesn't make sense since power alac and condi alac are both run. If power alac was unplayable then maybe you'd want to play a power quickness vindicator. Instead of doing that the power vindicator should be less hitbox reliant with more damage on the alliance skills in PVE.

This is especially true since they are only capable of numerical splits between modes. The moment you put quickness sharing onto it you risk breaking the game even more , see quickness heal scrapper in WVW which has no duration splits.

The guy above is right though there should be variety of classes able to play support.

6 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

The guy above is right though there should be variety of classes able to play support.

You do know if quickness sharing is given to vindicator that core rev alacrity generation will be likely nerfed further. Since salvation is already less commonly used due to how annoying it is to move the tablet it doesn't bode well.

Comparing it to willbender is a lost cause since willbender has a 40K DPS variant , the alacrity variants do around 25K and have low reliability which is worse than power diviner alac ren. Keep in mind firebrand is the spec that puts out quickness, if you rely on core guardian you only have FMW ("Feel my Wrath"). For scrapper/mechanist it is mutually exclusive to have quickness or alacrity and scrapper doesn't put out fury without a turret. With the changes to mesmer it's a similar scenario where the only way you are bringing alacrity on chrono is with a well and that is it (shield's tides of time is only 2s base duration); unlike renegade you don't put out might so you still need might and fury.

It would be a different scenario if renegade was not the default pick for alacrity everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/10/2022 at 3:30 PM, Howluffu.7259 said:

So better be a neutered spec than taking the risk of a nerf for being a helpful group spec?

I would rather take the risk and make the spec competent on group content.

As mentioned above, Anet did say that wants to diversify boons and vindi is a good candidate for that role. Alac? I'm not fan of charrs or charr spirits. I always wanted a GS for my rev and this is the perfect oportunity to play with it while also having a great spot on group content.

5-man quickness with Vindi.

Yes, this is exactly how gw2 has always been. If a particular build is loved and used often by the player base the devs will absolutely nuke it to oblivion. It's far safer to have a just slightly above mediocre build.

Edited by wayneericgouin.9371