Why do you have forums if no director or developer reads them?

I'll never forget the stream with Muk, and how the person with him said that all forum goer's and Reddit users are toxic no matter what you think and they won't ever listen or read anything here or there positive or negative. 
Essentially, this is just a place to vent frustrations in the hope you stay and play and pay. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 4

I think when bored, some devs browse the forums. In warframe I made a topic about a new warframe. His appearance, name, moves, new combat mechanics and theme were all used for several other releases throughout the following year. So someone clearly read it and took inspiration from it for other projects. And someone must've read my suggestions for gw2 in the past as well. Before gw2 came out there was a gw2 suggestions area on the wiki, and I made a few suggestions, and the released game's signet mechanics and HPs are coincidentally those things.

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ewenness.6482 said:

Can't blame them for not reading the forums. Most discussions go like this:

Person A: Here are my thoughts on [X] and its effects on myself or on people I know.

Person B: I am not effected by [X] the same way therefore Person A is objectively wrong.

And then 20 Confused and Sad emojis because people can apparently only communicate in emojis and not thought-out sentences.

Not every suggestion here is great or even sorta good at all, but I still absolutely stand by my last thread I made on this subject.

Edited by Arnox.5128
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

They read. They just don't post.

And who can blame them?  Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of public opinion as well as having the words and their meaning reordered to fit each person's personal narrative and axe to grind.  This will then be recorded on your epitaph and passed down to posterity as a cautionary tale of the dev who was foolish enough to take the bait.  May God have mercy upon their souls.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Arnox.5128 said:

And then 20 Confused and Sad emojis because people can apparently only communicate in emojis and not thought-out sentences.

Not every suggestion here is great or even sorta good at all, but I still absolutely stand by my last thread I made on this subject.

BAM! Confused emoji! Yeaahhhh, boiiiiiii!

• Haha 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1