You Only Get the Skins Once? Really?

For the first play through of the EoD story, you get to pick a weight class of Canthan armor skin.  I was like, "Cool!  Instead of getting rare armor that I'll just salvage for the skin, they're just giving us skins; I can't wait to play through again and get the other weights."  Silly me for thinking that we'd be able to play through for the other weight sets like expansions past.  Are we being punished?  It feels like we're being punished.  The rewards for this expac just feel...lacking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

It would have been nice if this had been explained. For once I was interested in several weights, and thought, "Oh, I'll get the one that this character can wear, and get the others when I play through on other characters."

I might have been more careful in my choice otherwise.

I hear they're reasonable cheap on the TP, though.

UPDATE: Checked gw2tp, looks like they range from 40s to 2g depending on the piece.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

UPDATE: Checked gw2tp, looks like they range from 40s to 2g depending on the piece.

Looks like we can buy them from Chin-Hwa in Daigon Ward for unusual coins as well, as well as recipes:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chin-Hwa

Still - in past expansions, if you wanted the armor skins, you just played through again with alts.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, dippy.8961 said:

For the first play through of the EoD story, you get to pick a weight class of Canthan armor skin.  I was like, "Cool!  Instead of getting rare armor that I'll just salvage for the skin, they're just giving us skins; I can't wait to play through again and get the other weights."  Silly me for thinking that we'd be able to play through for the other weight sets like expansions past.  Are we being punished?  It feels like we're being punished.  The rewards for this expac just feel...lacking.

Yes, I thought the same and had a couple of alts starting the story. When I realized that they were only getting junk as rewards I pulled them out. I've never seen so many broken lockpicks drop.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Ithlia.1830 said:

Yes, I thought the same and had a couple of alts starting the story. When I realized that they were only getting junk as rewards I pulled them out. I've never seen so many broken lockpicks drop.

You should equip jade bot with jade slivers chip.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dippy.8961 said:

Looks like we can buy them from Chin-Hwa in Daigon Ward for unusual coins as well, as well as recipes:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chin-Hwa

Still - in past expansions, if you wanted the armor skins, you just played through again with alts.

I'm finding this expansion to be very alt-unfriendly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1