Suggestion: Way to make doing DE meta desirable now that turtles are free (by free, I mean no real effort)

There are a couple of suggestions I can think of to reward those who have done the meta or will do the meta.  Have a difference between the "free" turtle and the meta turtle.  Give it a new skin or something.  Maybe a snapping turtle.  With wings. I dunno. Something that looks really sharp, and will make people still want to do the meta to get some turtle related content, while still making the turtle available to those who don't have the skills to do the meta.  This will allow those who got the turtle the "hard" way to at least feel they got something for their efforts.  

Another suggestion is to give the meta version turtle slightly enhanced skills.  Maybe they can fly a little bit higher due to consuming slightly less endurance or something.  

Edited by Slartibartfast.5416
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• Slartibartfast.5416 changed the title to Suggestion: Way to make doing DE meta desirable now that turtles are free (by free, I mean no real effort)
43 minutes ago, castlemanic.3198 said:

200 writs of the jade sea is a ton of effort, dont know where you're getting the idea that it requires no effort. that's a LOT of meta map fails to go through to get the siege turtle.

I got 264 sitting in my bank mostly just from roaming around and 3 failed attemps to learn the fight.

Got my turtle last night, EARNED it. Now im waiting for aneth to give me a full set of legendary armor and weapons.

Edited by Katastroff.1045
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I am at a loss here. What did I miss? Since when can the turtle be obtained outside of the meta now? :classic_blink:

Edit: Just found the related annoucement. Next time perhaps put a link in your OP so that everyone knows what you're talking about? 😉

P.S. It is a boring mount. I don't get why everyone is so wound up about it.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I am at a loss here. What did I miss? Since when can the turtle be obtained outside of the meta now? :classic_blink:

Edit: Just found the related annoucement. Next time perhaps put a link in your OP so that everyone knows what you're talking about? 😉

P.S. It is a boring mount. I don't get why everyone is so wound up about it.

The Mastery associated with it gives a boost to all your other Mounts Maximum Health I would think is a good enough reason.

• Confused 1

Lmao. people want to divide the community further by saying "add one and done skin to meta" or "you didnt really EARN that turtle".

I have 194 writs and I failed the meta 8 times. 

Even if someone failed thrice, they've put in 6 hours. That's more than enough to EARN the "boring mount".

As for the reward, just dump more legendary components or gold into the end pile and call it a day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1