An angry and bitter man

NaconFour.2705

I wish to report I am bitter and angry.  EoD has been a disappointment for me.  When the new Elite Specializations were introduced, I had assumed that they would better (but not superlatively so) than the regular Elites were.  Instead, and I wait for someone to prove to me that it is not so, I found that the other Elites were nerfed so that the new Elites would be so much better.  That would have disappointed me; but what next came to pass was the monsters in the rest of GW2 were not nerfed nor were they left alone.  Instead they were buffed.  I play a Revenant with heavy armor (of course) and was playing Dragon Stand (farming for the rest of my hero points to complete the Vindicator my Revenant was working for) and every time one of those snipers shot me I folded like a cheap suit (I was using a Renegade build at the time!)  About eighteen or nineteen times, even after I got my armor set up with Runes of Durability.  Now this wasn't every time, after I installed my runes, but it happened often enough that I started to get a little bitter about the whole thing.  I have done more to stay alive with my Necro who is a fully ready Harbinger with everything except except some trinkets he needs Ascended.  The poor performance of my Renegade has convinced me that I should not, under any circumstances play it again.  Everyone expects bugs in a set of programs as complex as this one;, but these were not bugs-they were features!  Plus there is virtually no one at the regular metas, as everyone is in Cantha.  I still don't have my Skyscale, and groups don't usually have Commander's or Mentor's tags for Dragonfall (usually because they don't need to, as most everyone else has a Skyscale!)

All this put together adds up to me giving some serious thought to going to a different game, as most of the guildies in my guild have already done!

Edited by NaconFour.2705
typos
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 3

Your guild must be pretty bad if you can't handle the kinds of stuff they throw at you in story and the open world at least in EoD.  Not the last meta, not the strike missions, but the rest of it should be doable by pretty much anyone that has a decent build and knows how to play their profession. Not sure why you're having issues.

So far I've run my old power chrono through and I'm working on my condi soulbeast. No real issues so far. 

I agree the last meta is overtuned, and I feel like the strike missions  are too hard for the average guild wars 2 player, even though I've done one of them a couple of times, but over all, I don't really feel what you're saying and my guild is fairly casual.

I'm 100% sure I can get through this with my condi renegade as well. Not really sure what you're on about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 20

12 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Your guild must be pretty bad if you can't handle the kinds of stuff they throw at you in story and the open world at least in EoD.  Not the last meta, not the strike missions, but the rest of it should be doable by pretty much anyone that has a decent build and knows how to play their profession. Not sure why you're having issues.

??? They said most of their guildies have left the game.

• Like 10
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Labjax.2465 said:

??? They said most of their guildies have left the game.

Anyone can say anything.  People that are angry and bitter also tend to be hyperbolic. The implication is most of his guild left because of EOD, but I'm doubting that, since it does seem to be a well received expansion over all.

I'm not saying some complaints aren't warranted or legit, but this sort of rant is simple hyperbole. And hyperbole helps no one, including the ranter.  Because it's hard to take stuff seriously when people exaggerate things.

Edited by Vayne.8563
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 29

5 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

Anyone can say anything.  People that are angry and bitter also tend to be hyperbolic. The implication is most of his guild left because of EOD, but I'm doubting that, since it does seem to be a well received expansion over all.

I'm not saying some complaints aren't warranted or legit, but this sort of rant is simple hyperbole. And hyperbole helps no one, including the ranter.  Because it's hard to take stuff seriously when people exaggerate things.

I'm just confused that you went on this thing about how their guild must be bad when they didn't even say their guild has struggled against the content as a guild, just that their guildies have left the game.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I'm just confused that you went on this thing about how their guild must be bad when they didn't even say their guild has struggled against the content as a guild, just that their guildies have left the game.

V didn't read, is attacking a strawman and calling it a bad player with a bad guild.

OP, yes anet decided to reduce sustain for previous elite profs. Yes they're now more vulnerable. Players are encouraged to train up and try the new elites which are mostly pretty sweet. There's still easy to use, high survivability versions of earlier elite profs, very good builds floating around. If those and or the new elites don't work for you, take a break. It's real early in the expansion. No sub. Come back any time.

Edited by Rumpus.1234
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It's arenanet, they don't know how to balance their game or know what balance even looks like and they will nerf content to push newcontent
If you're not happy  with the state of the game, just move on because I  don't think it will get any better
all of my friends already quit and I follow them because I got tired of arenanet not being able  to properly balance the game and  other things like the expansion just feeling like destiny 2 expansion with not much  content

Edited by YamiNoNeko.8739
  • Like 8
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, YamiNoNeko.8739 said:

It's arenanet, they don't know how to balance their game or know what balance even looks like and they will nerf content to push newcontent
If you're not happy  with the state of the game, just move on because I  don't think it will get any better
all of my friends already quit and I follow them because I got tired of arenanet not being able  to properly balance the game and  other things like the expansion just feeling like destiny 2 expansion with not much  content

Then why are you still posting on their forums if you've moved on?

The last thing I do when I've quit a game and "moved on" is lurk on their forums and post about how I've moved on.  That's like calling an ex every day and saying "by the way just a friendly reminder, I've moved on".

EoD hasn't been for everyone, and I've had my share of frustration with some of the changes, but I've never raged out and said I was quitting forever.   Sure I took a 3-4 day break after failing the Meta4 for the 24th time, but that's about it, the rest of EoD has been fun.  And everyone I've talked to in my guild has liked EoD overall.  Sure there are nitpicky gripes, but it's been overall positive.

The "Doom and Rage" folks are just the most outspoken, and want you to believe that everyone hates EoD.   The big thing is that 90% of the people who actually enjoy EoD are playing the game and not griping on the forums.

Edited by Xorthos.6947
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Xorthos.6947 said:

Sure, you can  think whatever you like.
it doesn't matter what you think, it doesn't effect me, I just came here to see what people were saying about the game but apparently some people take it too serious that if someone post something they aren't allow lol

If you're having fun, that's great

Apparently if you quit a game you're allowed to see what others are thinking and you aren't allow to  make a simple  post

Later dude

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Xorthos.6947 said:

Then why are you still posting on their forums if you've moved on?

The last thing I do when I've quit a game and "moved on" is lurk on their forums and post about how I've moved on.  That's like calling an ex every day and saying "by the way just a friendly reminder, I've moved on".

EoD hasn't been for everyone, and I've had my share of frustration with some of the changes, but I've never raged out and said I was quitting forever.   Sure I took a 3-4 day break after failing the Meta4 for the 24th time, but that's about it, the rest of EoD has been fun.  And everyone I've talked to in my guild has liked EoD overall.  Sure there are nitpicky gripes, but it's been overall positive.

The "Doom and Rage" folks are just the most outspoken, and want you to believe that everyone hates EoD.   The big thing is that 90% of the people who actually enjoy EoD are playing the game and not griping on the forums.

Have a heart to your post my dude from me

Edited by YamiNoNeko.8739
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xorthos.6947 said:

The big thing is that 90% of the people who actually enjoy EoD are playing the game and not griping on the forums.

Got proof? In game map chats, guild chats, squad chats, tell a different story. Would love to know where you got that "anyone who is not in the forums and in the game are enjoying the game" rhetoric from. That's just a lazy cop out of an excuse used excessively here. Most people I know in game can't be bothered with forums, some never even logged in to forums once. They sure as hell aren't happy or content with EoD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, choon.6308 said:

Got proof? In game map chats, guild chats, squad chats, tell a different story. Would love to know where you got that "anyone who is not in the forums and in the game are enjoying the game" rhetoric from. That's just a lazy cop out of an excuse used excessively here. Most people I know in game can't be bothered with forums, some never even logged in to forums once. They sure as hell aren't happy or content with EoD. 

Oh give me a break.  I literally posted above that almost everyone I talk to in the game says they're enjoying EoD.   I was just in a random fractal with someone who didn't own it, and they asked the group if they should buy it.  Literally everyone in the group said "yes it's awesome".

I spend 2-3 hours a day in discord with 8-10 guildmates, and I have never heard anyone say they hated EoD.   Like I said in my post, some people have random gripes, including myself, but nobody I've talked to hates it.

The ONLY time I've seen someone say they actually hate the game are on the forums.  I stated from the beginning what I was seeing.  If you're seeing differently, then "got proof?".

Do you want me to crowd up the forums with random screenshots of people saying they enjoy EoD?   What a ridiculous assumption you make.

Edited by Xorthos.6947
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, choon.6308 said:

Lots. Many discussions in game in fact. Were you under a rock during the LFG boycots saying "this meta sucks"? How about the "dead maps, please someone join"

Yeah and I addressed the Meta 4 issues in my original post, or did you only read what you wanted to rage out about?

The Meta is NOT all of EoD.    I'm not a fan of the meta either, but it doesn't make the entire expansion bad.   And I'm sorry, you saying you have proof based on conversations you see is invalid.   Because you consider my personal experience and conversations "not proof".

I'm telling you now, myself and others I play the game with are enjoying EoD.  People I have interacted with in the game for the most part, are enjoying EoD.  Random people I group with, are enjoying EoD.  Is EOD perfect?  No.  Does it have some issues that need fixed?  Yes.  Does it mean it's a horrible game killing expansion like some of you guys are implying?  Absolutely not.

Either I've had uncanny luck with only grouping with positive people, or what I said initially is true, and that you loudmouth negative people are just that...loudmouths.  I have no issue with people disliking the game, and I'm sure there are folks out there who don't like EOD.  Obviously, this thread was made by one.

But I do think when those people are stating things that directly contradict what I've seen personally, and are bouncing around the forums spreading this false nightmare narrative, then I should let people know that some of us are seeing a different perspective.

Edited by Xorthos.6947
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Xorthos.6947 said:

But I do think when those people are stating things that directly contradict what I've seen personally, and are bouncing around the forums spreading this false nightmare narrative, then I should let people know that some of us are seeing a different perspective.

What part of it is false? Why is 2 weeks after a new expansion launch on a weekend, maps are empty? Almost daily posts about empty ghost towns and failed metas ruining the new player experience. So, enjoying the game means the blatant failure does not exist? That's a dangerous thought process my friend, not just here but in life.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, choon.6308 said:

What part of it is false? Why is 2 weeks after a new expansion launch on a weekend, maps are empty? Almost daily posts about empty ghost towns and failed metas ruining the new player experience. So, enjoying the game means the blatant failure does not exist? That's a dangerous thought process my friend, not just here but in life.

I've been able to do every meta on a daily basis.  The only one that's even a challenge is Meta 4, and that's due to overtuning issues.  

There are multiple squads that are full / half full, and full maps for every single EoD zone right now....and it's 11:48 am EST on a Monday.

I'm not sure what you really want.  There is a 49/50 Echovald meta squad right now.  A 32/50 New Kaineng Meta squad rolling (with a full map).  There's a Seitung Province meta squad that just opened up like 2 minutes ago and already has 21/50.  A 28/50 Pre-meta Dragon's End Squad.

Looking through LFG, EoD has more full squads running meta's than any other expansion at this current time, including heart of thorn metas, and it's not even remotely prime time.

They already stated the zone instancing was borked, I even made a post about the zones feeling empty before, but it's gotten better.   People saying the zones are empty also never took into account that a HUGE portion of the population was going through the story and in instances for the first few weeks.

Edited by Xorthos.6947
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, NaconFour.2705 said:

The poor performance of my Renegade has convinced me that I should not, under any circumstances play it again.

On my renegade I'm running a mace + axe (sigil of demons and venom) and shortbow (sigil of agony and smoldering) with trailblazer armour and undead runes. Usually camp dwarf stance with mace and axe and make use of all the crowd control that combination gives but when getting overwhelmed with conditions I switch into assassin for the additional heal skill and for Riposting Shadows. Traits are 3/3/3 in Retribution, 3/3/3 in Devastation, and 2/2/2 in Renegade.

My hands and reaction time are both crippled due to neurological damage and I often miss sound cues due to hearing loss so I rarely run full meta builds but instead tinker around to find something I can play consistently and reliably well enough. You could try my build maybe and see if it makes the specialization more enjoyable for you as it focuses on survival more than pure damage. I know it feels incredibly demoralizing when you love something but find yourself struggling to do it.

• Like 3

I found that my renegade was taking a lot more damage in EoD than I was used to, so I looked around to see what I could find out about that.  I ended up changing up my runes and sigils and so far I'm doing better with it. 

I hope you can find a build that works for you. 

My mace/axe setup is earth/geomancy, and my shortbow is earth/doom.  I may switch out the doom sigil, I tend to use my mace/axe in combat a lot more than my shortbow so I'm not sure if that's what I'll settle on yet.

I kept my viper's armor and am using elementalist runes in them.

Edited by Kaliwenda.3428
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Labjax.2465 said:

I had read it as a related fact. If it's not a related fact, it's part of the hyperbole. This is wrong with the game and my guild has already left implied they left for that reason. Otherwise there's no reason to bring it up.  

• Confused 7

2 hours ago, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

I found that my renegade was taking a lot more damage in EoD than I was used to, so I looked around to see what I could find out about that.  I ended up changing up my runes and sigils and so far I'm doing better with it. 

I hope you can find a build that works for you. 

My mace/axe setup is earth/geomancy, and my shortbow is earth/doom.  I may switch out the doom sigil, I tend to use my mace/axe in combat a lot more than my shortbow so I'm not sure if that's what I'll settle on yet.

I kept my viper's armor and am using elementalist runes in them.

OMG..?  You….  Adapted?  😏

Sorry, the sarcasm wasn’t meant for you.  But there are players that refuse to adjust to changes in their toons and builds.  It’s good to see both that you did it, and offered some suggestions to someone else struggling.  Thank you.  

11 hours ago, NaconFour.2705 said:

I play a Revenant with heavy armor (of course) and was playing Dragon Stand (farming for the rest of my hero points to complete the Vindicator my Revenant was working for) and every time one of those snipers shot me I folded like a cheap suit (I was using a Renegade build at the time!)

This has nothing to do with the things that got nerfed. Even without the nerfs the results would be the same.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NaconFour.2705 said:

I wish to report I am bitter and angry.  EoD has been a disappointment for me.  When the new Elite Specializations were introduced, I had assumed that they would better (but not superlatively so) than the regular Elites were.  Instead, and I wait for someone to prove to me that it is not so, I found that the other Elites were nerfed so that the new Elites would be so much better.  That would have disappointed me; but what next came to pass was the monsters in the rest of GW2 were not nerfed nor were they left alone.  Instead they were buffed.  I play a Revenant with heavy armor (of course) and was playing Dragon Stand (farming for the rest of my hero points to complete the Vindicator my Revenant was working for) and every time one of those snipers shot me I folded like a cheap suit (I was using a Renegade build at the time!)  About eighteen or nineteen times, even after I got my armor set up with Runes of Durability.  Now this wasn't every time, after I installed my runes, but it happened often enough that I started to get a little bitter about the whole thing.  I have done more to stay alive with my Necro who is a fully ready Harbinger with everything except except some trinkets he needs Ascended.  The poor performance of my Renegade has convinced me that I should not, under any circumstances play it again.  Everyone expects bugs in a set of programs as complex as this one;, but these were not bugs-they were features!  Plus there is virtually no one at the regular metas, as everyone is in Cantha.  I still don't have my Skyscale, and groups don't usually have Commander's or Mentor's tags for Dragonfall (usually because they don't need to, as most everyone else has a Skyscale!)

All this put together adds up to me giving some serious thought to going to a different game, as most of the guildies in my guild have already done!

Dragons stand might be a poor test case.  Due to the decidedly group design of the map the mobs can be scaled up above level at baseline where this is almost never the case elsewhere.  Pay attention to their displayed level. If it's 81 or higher they aren't "normal" and this could explain why they seem harder.

Renegade took a hit to siphon healing via battle scars and torment rune healing if you were running those.  This results in lower sustain but wouldn't matter in the case you are dying almost instantly as you seem to suggest.

• Like 1