I guess I'm not going to get the siege turtle.

4 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I definitely don't remember ordering any strikes.

You ordered the "Siege Turtle" menu, which had the "Random ingredients and Random fish parts" appetizer, a plate of Jade Maw, a plate of Leviathan, a plate of Kaineng Overlook and a side dish of "random renown hearts" and a dessert of  "Seitung meta"

Just because you don't like the plate of Kaineng Overlook it doesn't mean the whole menu is bad, considering the married couple at the other table are enjoying it and their kid ate his plate of Kaineng Overlook despite not liking it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

On 3/17/2022 at 12:37 PM, MorpheusDV.8592 said:

Willing to bet if they removed the strike requirement, someone would still find some other reason to complain about the unlock process

This. The strike whine was already foreseen as soon as they announced the writ for egg deal.
Lower the bar and people will complain about the next "hardest" thing. 

EDIT : Stay literally confused folks, I know I'm right lol 

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

39 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

You ordered the "Siege Turtle" menu, which had the "Random ingredients and Random fish parts" appetizer, a plate of Jade Maw, a plate of Leviathan, a plate of Kaineng Overlook and a side dish of "random renown hearts" and a dessert of  "Seitung meta"

Just because you don't like the plate of Kaineng Overlook it doesn't mean the whole menu is bad, considering the married couple at the other table are enjoying it and their kid ate his plate of Kaineng Overlook despite not liking it.

Ah, if only the menu had been clearly labeled.

I made a bad assumption, based on a history that the Expansion Feature portion of the menu had never included Instanced Content dishes in the past.

Live and learn, right?

Any good restauranteur would want to know why some customers have stopped ordering. Rare to see fellow diners tell them they’re wrong for doing so, though. 

Extended metaphors are fun.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I made a bad assumption, based on a history that the Expansion Feature portion of the menu had never included Instanced Content dishes in the past.

The mastery tracks were introduced with HoT. There is a whole mastery line gated behind killing a raid boss. 
PoF didn’t have any instanced content. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

53 minutes ago, Taclism.2406 said:

This. The strike whine was already foreseen as soon as they announced the writ for egg deal.
Lower the bar and people will complain about the next "hardest" thing. 

Casual here. I haven't done the strike mission, I'll take that on tonight. I've done the rest, and all I'd ask for is that ArenaNet work on the scaling. The void creature event went terribly with a huge crowd. With a moderate group we sailed right through it. In the first case I came out thinking "Jeez, I have to go through this HOW MANY more times?" With the smaller group I can out thinking "What, is it over? We killed it? That quickly?"

There are reasons folks are alarmed at the difficulty of this chain. I think a big reason reason is the scaling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Almaden.6782 said:

Casual here. I haven't done the strike mission, I'll take that on tonight. I've done the rest, and all I'd ask for is that ArenaNet work on the scaling. The void creature event went terribly with a huge crowd. With a moderate group we sailed right through it. In the first case I came out thinking "Jeez, I have to go through this HOW MANY more times?" With the smaller group I can out thinking "What, is it over? We killed it? That quickly?"

Very reasonable take, scaling's is still a bit off indeed. Baseline of 7k ish dps / 70% of people wiith emps is way beyond the real average. I'm not saying DE's meta was perfect, but we all knew if we beat it as its hardest, doing the strike wouldnt be a big issue.

Hope you find a chill training group and have a good experience 🙂

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Ah, if only the menu had been clearly labeled.

Live and learn, right?

Any good restauranteur would want to know why some customers have stopped ordering. Rare to see fellow diners tell them they’re wrong for doing so, though. 

Extended metaphors are fun.

Yes, good restaurants want to know why certain customers are not ordering, but other customers in the restaurant want to dine in peace without having some customers screaming that they don't like one of the dishes they ordered for DAYS.

It's getting really boring that it's just complaints on complaints about the kitten turtle, you want it, do the things required to unlock it like everyone else did who got it. You don't want to do it? Then you don't get the turtle. It's that simple.
How can other people who hate Strikes join a Strike, get their kill and not say a single word about it?

A lot of the comments can be summed up as "it's not as difficult as you imagine, you can do it, join a squad, nothing bad will happen" and the response is just more complaining that it's not handed to them for free.

Barely anyone said a word about allowing people to buy the egg, because we are fine with it, the meta is long and can be difficult.
But we are going to put words in when people, instead of being happy they don't have to do the meta just keep on complaining.

It's also annoying when despite being offered help or carry those same people just stick to complaining.
The person who complained in one of the threads about Strikes being too difficult for them still haven't contacted me in game despite my offer to carry them through Kaineng during my Guild run. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

6 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Yes, good restaurants want to know why certain customers are not ordering, but other customers in the restaurant want to dine in peace without having some customers screaming that they don't like one of the dishes they ordered for DAYS.

Have you seen people standing in the restaurant screaming about it?

I've only seen people registering their feelings on the restaurant's feedback website. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

There is a whole mastery line gated behind killing a raid boss. 

That's cool! Even though I've played through Heart of Thorns several times, return to its zones frequently, and have completed almost all of the open world mastery lines, I had no idea there was a raid-specific mastery line that gives raid-specific abilities. I had to go look it up in the wiki now that you've mentioned it.

I applaud ArenaNet for giving people who like to do that stuff their own mastery line earned through the content they like to do for use in the content where they earned it.

So glad they didn't decide to put gliding behind instanced content. Or make us play instanced content for a rare trophy drop to upgrade gliding past the first two mastery tiers.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

That's cool! Even though I've played through Heart of Thorns several times, return to its zones frequently, and have completed almost all of the open world mastery lines, I had no idea there was a raid-specific mastery line that gives raid-specific abilities. I had to go look it up in the wiki now that you've mentioned it.

I applaud ArenaNet for giving people who like to do that stuff their own mastery line earned through the content they like to do for use in the content where they earned it.

So glad they didn't decide to put gliding behind instanced content. Or make us play instanced content for a rare trophy drop to upgrade gliding past the first two mastery tiers.

Actually they should have gated more behind raids, then far more players would run them. You can see it now with their decision to lock the turtle behind a strike mission. More players are doing strike missions. 

Edited by yoni.7015
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 7

Just now, yoni.7015 said:

Actually they should have gated more behind raids, then far more players would run them. You can see it now with their decision to lock the turtle behind a strike mission. More players are doing strikes. 

It'll be interesting to see how that sprout will grow, and what fruit it will bear.

Maybe the vast majority of people who didn't do strikes will now absolutely love them because they were required to do them if they want the turtle and bot upgrades.

It could happen.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Maybe the vast majority of people who didn't do strikes will now absolutely love them because they were required to do them if they want the turtle and bot upgrades.

It could happen.

Sure, everything can happen, if a kitten hits the fan but I think it would be very unlikely. As unlikely, as if a stranger would give me a legy weapon by email. (Hint: You can prove me wrong 😎).

A few players who do the Kaineng-strike for the turtle will find it fun. And I think the EoD strikes are better and more fun than the IBS-strikes. But challenging (instanced) content will always be only for a small fraction of the playerbase in this game, it never was the core of GW2.

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

If all the people who don't want to do strikes or raid-like content quit playing, then anet can say a larger percentage of the active playerbase is doing strikes and raid-like content since strikes and raid-like content were introduced, thereby justifying the inclusion of even more strikes and raid-like content. It's genius!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Tachenon.5270 said:

If all the people who don't want to do strikes or raid-like content quit playing, then anet can say a larger percentage of the active playerbase is doing strikes and raid-like content since strikes and raid-like content were introduced, thereby justifying the inclusion of even more strikes and raid-like content. It's genius!

No, it's not genius, it would be bad. If all those paying customers would leave, there would not be much money left for Anet to finance the development of more strikes and raid-like content.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/15/2022 at 3:33 AM, Sarius.9285 said:

well thank God the strike has no timer and is super easy. 

If you guys want to and are on EU I can carry you through that later today

Look at this. A person is actually offering to help and there are 5 trolls throwing out confused emojis. As for the strikes. Do not give up. Keep at it. They are not that hard. There is no time limit. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 9

Just now, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Look at this. A person is actually offering to help and there are 5 trolls throwing out confused emojis. As for the strikes. Do not give up. Keep at it. They are not that hard. There is no time limit. 

Many of us have been offering help, but I guess after the first sentence some people just stop reading.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Welp. I didn't know I must do strike and at this point, I seriously don't give a kitten about that mount but the problem is now I am stuck with a giant turtle stalking me all over arborstone all the time and it's getting on my nerves :classic_mellow:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 2

You are just overthinking yourself my person.. I am just like you i feel anxiety when to do group content with other people because i feel embarassed or i dont want to be the blame for all people dying or failed attempts. 

My advice play with people or find guild that practice strike mission and raids.. people wont blame each other if it is a practice because practice means alot mistakes which is good learning. 

I was you long time ago , you can do it my person good luck !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Most of the players that are complaining here are not interested in getting help or even getting the turtle. It seems they are just here to complain. Seems to be a new game mode  for some. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10