Why do I need to change weapons for 1 story instance? Combo Fields !

What makes no sense is people being unable to perform combo fields after 10 years and three expansions. Or worse, complaining about Anet FINALLY teaching you how to play the game.

You play Necromancer, staff #4 blasts fields if I remember correctly. Or switch to Reaper for just five seconds and use Shroud #5 and #4 and be done with it. Is easier than coming here and complain about your preferred weapons not having finishers.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

Utility skills exist. It's not exactly the best choice because there are only 2 but, if you don't want to change weapons, Necrotic Traversal (via Flesh Wurm) is the easiest finisher to perform (the other being the bone fiends explosion).

Edited by Killer.4360
  • Like 2

Just now, Telgum.6071 said:

You play Necromancer, staff #4 blasts fields if I remember correctly. Or switch to Reaper for just five seconds and use Shroud #5 and #4 and be done with it. Is easier than coming here and complain about your preferred weapons not having finishers.

Staff 4 is a blast finisher, it's Staff 3 that's a field(posion).

I know the skills, and I know about combo fields. 
Nowhere in my original post do I indicate that I am not aware of these. I use them often on other classes, just not on my Necro... I had no need to do it on my Necro. 

I do not enjoy Reaper, and neither do I enjoy staff. It is such a slow clunky weapon on a Necro. 

The point is not that they are teaching things, the point is that I should not have to spend cash on more weapons that I likely will never use again. I find that nonsense. Ad combo finishers to more weapons so we do not have to change our prefered weapons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

1 hour ago, Killer.4360 said:

Utility skills exist. It's not exactly the best choice because there are only 2 but, if you don't want to change weapons, Necrotic Traversal (via Flesh Wurm) is the easiest finisher to perform (the other being the bone fiends explosion).

Thank you, was not aware of those 2. 

I agree, to FORCE someone to use this is bad, and there is little instruction on how to accomplish this. I AM not aware of them, and I don't like the "because I get it / understand it you should too" attitude. I have been trying to break a shield on this Ivan fellow for over an hour. At this point the game isn't fun and my buff and xp boost is gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

As others have said, easiest method is just to briefly slot in a Well skill (Dark fields) and then use Staff 4 for a blast finisher.

For the player who was asking about Mesmer, easiest method is to use Staff 5, then Staff 2 while standing in it. Mesmer also has numerous Chaos fields via utility skills like Feedback or Null Field or Time Warp. Sword 3 for Mesmer is a leap finisher, and if you have Mirage, Axe 2 is also a Whirl finisher (in fact I believe it actually procs multiple times because I finished the combo field training in 1 go just dropping Chaos Storm on the NPC and then swapping to Axe and using skill 2.)

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

This is utter nonsence!

I am talking about Combo Fields.

I play Condi Scourge. Prefered weapons: Scepter/Torch and 2nd hand is axe/dagger. 

NONE of those weapons have a combo finisher. So that means in order to do that instance, I need to BUY new weapons.

Who signed off on this idea??

My Guardian feels your pain.