Let us dye weapons please

It's one of the old features that somehow weren't carried over to the new game. It reminds me of backpacks used to be undyeable and still all old ones remain like this. Making the new weapons be dyeable would be the same thing but then not sure if they'd like to put any effort into those, even if they were just gemstore weapons. Same base mounts have just 1 channel and gemstore have 4.

At most we have some sets with different colors, like the basic ascended weapons, coming in a different color per prefix, or special ones like SAB weapon sets. But even not being into Fashion Wars it can be a bit disappointing to find a cool weapon and it doesn't match your current armor colors so you either change them or choose another weapon skin. Anyway, too late to change every old skin in the game to add dye channels. Something for GW3 if it ever happens.

On 3/18/2022 at 7:00 AM, Peterson.5172 said:

did you look at the gemstore and black lion weapons?

Those are usually very over done, garish, and not fitting to any theme I've ever had.

They don't want weapons Dyable as they want to drive sales of those over-done designs to people that like that look...

But it's still very annoying. I'd actually love it if we could dye the lower entry white, green, and blue based skins. Those weapons you use while leveling look like actual weapons - but the colors could use some theming.

The folks who want to look like it's Disco night in 1978 could still buy gemstore skins. The rest of us could just dye leveling gear to the right tones.

Edited by Kichwas.7152
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kichwas.7152 said:

Those are usually very over done, garish, and not fitting to any theme I've ever had.

They don't want weapons Dyable as they want to drive sales of those over-done designs to people that like that look...

But it's still very annoying. I'd actually love it if we could dye the lower entry white, green, and blue based skins. Those weapons you use while leveling look like actual weapons - but the colors could use some theming.

The folks who want to look like it's Disco night in 1978 could still buy gemstore skins. The rest of us could just dye leveling gear to the right tones.

to be honest my response was only half serious while taking a jab at the gemstore...

but there are around 3000 weapons skins in the game (if not more), if you can't find one fitting, chances are you arent looking hard enough / not willing to spend the gold for it

and the overdone shine has only been a thing the last few years, older ones are quite "plain" looking

I feel your pain. Most of the time I have to base my outfit look in some part on the weapon's color scheme or it looks awkward. The dye customization system is great, but it sucks when you get a great clothing look with dyes and the weapon sticks out like a sore thumb.

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Peterson.5172 said:

but there are around 3000 weapons skins in the game (if not more), if you can't find one fitting, chances are you arent looking hard enough / not willing to spend the gold for it

I want to have a leafy-looking hammer for my untamed, but also want it to be grey/purple colors, not green/blue or brown/gray. And there is no hammer I saw matching those criteria, so I have to use the purple hammer that is not leafy-looking. 

And those little details is kinda everywhere in the weapons selection, you either look for a certain theme or a certain color. I want to use Caladbolg for a story significance for Sylvari but it also for some reason can't grow not-red-flowers.

It's also very pricey to buy/farm new weapon for every moment you want to change your color and then waste transmutation charges to change it, while only changing color of your gear is free.

Maybe I'm spoiled from FF14, but dyeing weapons and backpacks is what I crave since I've started playing 😿