With all of the complaints about every profession which profession is actually viewed as good in EoD?

Tyrant.1270

On 3/22/2022 at 1:38 AM, nutri.1385 said:

Yep, I've just started playing as a guardian, and boy, Willbender is squishy, and the snowcrows power DPS build which I'm using to learn, is pure melee. Downstate is just waiting for the mobs to kill me, but on the other hand it's super fun to play. I love the monk vibes it gives! I'll be gearing it up for healbrand for raids or meta.

To add to the thread, my main go to class for all modes (I guess PVP the least) is condi berserker. Works for raids, fractals, WvW (I guess, I run it and no issues), OW too. And I didn't have to change the gear stats even once, which is a miracle in comparison to Ranger. 

Something to keep in mind is that snowcrows DPS builds are designed with having a pocket healer to keep your health up, and generally assuming that you can afford to be in melee all the time.

Bring some sustain in your traits and utilities instead of going full glass, trade out one of the melee sets for a scepter and suitable offhand, and willbender can be reasonably durable even in berserker gear. (Not sure about viper, the approach I took is power-oriented, but there might be a way to make that work too.)

I think the core of the problem is the speccs are never gonna live uptoo everyone and vastly the people unhappy will be on forums pushing for change as a example. 

If your solely a PvE player you prolly wont see the same problems with virtuoso that a PvP exclusive player would, primarily because virtuoso is half decent in PvE but unplayable in PvP. 

Bladesworn, is decent in PvP, but a downgrade from berserker in PvE as it doesn't rectify any problems but simply takes huge DPS losses if you miss a single jade slash. 

Sadly Anet suck at making speccs good in all game modes (that's not exclusively a Anet problem. Most mmorpgs are terrible at this) so you end up with speccs pidgeon holed to specific content. 

This means anyone who plays the proffession in any of the catagories that don't favour the new elite they will be outright unhappy with the final product. 

It's primarily why no other game develops their class pool by additional options. Most games just bring out new classes - reworks current abilities / options that exist in the classes already. 

Because it's not a entirely successful system to begin with, because your never gonna make 2 speccs play completely differently but offer the same results in multiple game modes demanding completely different things. 

And the more elites each proffession gets, the more these flaws are going to persist to show. 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Confused 1

On 3/19/2022 at 5:51 PM, Tyrant.1270 said:

I am a returning player and I generally prefer sustain/tanky types of classes. 

Pretty much ANYTHING with Celestial gear if you're doing Open World, Dungeons, and up to T2 Fractals.

Harbringer has insanely high DPS if played right. You need to maximize your time in shroud.

Bladesworn has insanely high DPS if played right. You have to get comfortable with standing still.

Mechanist is probably the top DPS right now - a simple Power Build with Mace/Pistol and using a full row of Utility's from the new spec - but the Mortar for your elite.

Catalyst is a lot better off than the forums think - but as usual for Elementalist requires high awareness as it's a glass canon. Which is NOT what you seem to want.

Untamed essentially toggles itself back and forth between high damage and tanky - you do 25% more damage when unleashed OR you take 25% less damage when your pet is unleashed. This means you can change between offense and defense on the fly to suit the situation. I'm having a lot of fun with a hammer ranger - the forums hate this spec and weapon choice, but I'm finding that once you learn the timing it's very potent.

I need more time on the other new elite before I say much for them.

• Confused 1

On 3/23/2022 at 11:04 AM, Daddy.8125 said:

You know what's funny about this statement? 

U call it irrelevant yet it's Pve is side of the game which 99% of players exclusively play. 

By sheer popularity it's actually spvp and WvWvW which are irrelevant. The game would survive us quitting. But the game couldn't survive with only us. 

Weather we agree with it or not. 99% of players never touch PvP and play this game as a PvE game. 

They aren't irrelevant. This game would shut down if they left 😂. The spvp playerbase has never been large enough to keep this game running. 

Theres s reason they doubled down on PvE content. And it wasn't cause PvP was ever doing amazing. 

I say that as a primarily PvP player. But by sheer numbers I'm afraid we are the irrelevant ones. A tiny fraction of the population give a kitten that PvP exists in this game.

PvP in mmorpgs has been dying for a long time tbh. 

WvW is way more populated than PvP by the way...by like 4-5x time more, it's not a coincidence that major support was promised for this gamemode...PvP yeah is the least played gamemode in GW2...and for good reasons

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Confused 1

On 3/19/2022 at 8:51 PM, Tyrant.1270 said:

I am a returning player and I generally prefer sustain/tanky types of classes. I am having trouble finding a class that doesn't seem to have a large amount of problems (according to the forums). 

If you go in each profession sub forum you will see someone complaining the profession is dead, it wasn't properly treated, x profession is better, this one is dead, but the same goes for whatever profession they claim was better on that professions forums.

What is actually good at the moment? By good, I don't mean FOTM/meta, I am looking for something that I won't generally feel bad playing in all forms of content. I had my eye on Warrior and Necro but apparently Necro has the lowest PVE damage and Warrior is in a bad spot and has a banner rework coming.

So please, what is actually viewed as good in EoD?

They are just all fine. The game os fairly balance overall. Perfect? No of course not, we have our fiew over power build here and there. Honestly the forum are use mainly by the community to let out our bad emotion, thats how we can be the friendliest community in the game XD.

Meme aside play whater ever flavor you love the most. All class are good and can do anything.

But! Some class are harder/complex than other wich is fine. You easy tanky class? Go necro cant go wrong there. Engineer tho! Is the best class in the world!!! 

I've tried most specs so far.

Of them all, the one I like least for solo world stuff is Spectre. It isn't bad, I just don't like playing it when I'm solo. I imagine it'll be much more fun in a group setting.

As far as Tanky-ness goes, I think gear probably matters way more than class if you want to solo pve stuff. I've seen people of each new spec do incredible things by themselves in PvE, but they were all in full ascended gear. Saw a spectre practically solo a HoT hero point champion by themselves.(That chak kitten in Auric Basin). I spent most of the fight rezzing myself while he stood in front of it spamming his attacks.

On 3/20/2022 at 2:51 AM, Tyrant.1270 said:

I am a returning player and I generally prefer sustain/tanky types of classes. I am having trouble finding a class that doesn't seem to have a large amount of problems (according to the forums). 

If you go in each profession sub forum you will see someone complaining the profession is dead, it wasn't properly treated, x profession is better, this one is dead, but the same goes for whatever profession they claim was better on that professions forums.

What is actually good at the moment? By good, I don't mean FOTM/meta, I am looking for something that I won't generally feel bad playing in all forms of content. I had my eye on Warrior and Necro but apparently Necro has the lowest PVE damage and Warrior is in a bad spot and has a banner rework coming.

So please, what is actually viewed as good in EoD?

Don't do the mistake of going for the "OP" based on forum feedback.

Every profession can be built to be tanky for open world, prioritize what you actually enjoy playing.

Between warrior and necro, since you mentioned those two, necro sounds more like your style right out of the bag, especially reaper, but harbinger flips necro on its head, offering a squishy ranged damage dealer. And it does live up to its name, it shreds when you pop your shroud form.

Warrior I can't say much, probably best to wait for the banner rework and where the profession will land after it.

I would also recommend guardian and engi, they are in the same boat, having great support, heal and dps builds, and playing in all game modes.

4 hours ago, Faolon.9702 said:

do incredible things by themselves in PvE, but they were all in full ascended gear

Exotic vs Ascended has no influence on your solo capability.

4 hours ago, Faolon.9702 said:

Saw a spectre practically solo a HoT hero point champion by themselves.(That chak kitten in Auric Basin).

Chak is quite ordinary Champ.

Edited by taara.3217
  • Like 1

Specter and Machinist are pretty much busted.

Condi virtuoso is just a better mirage now after the random buffs to force condi on virtuoso.

Condi Willbender is ridiculously strong with high CC and the typical strong guardian utility options.

The true losers here are power Vindicator and Untamed.

Catalyst in usual ele squeaky wheel fashion gets its attention.

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2022 at 12:14 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Vindicator.  While it is a mess design wise, it still hit pretty hard and can self-buff to the nines... or rather the 25's.  Equip the Stamina Sigil on your Greatsword and you'll become the bunny lord.  

This would be fine if it wasn’t for the fact that Vindicator only does that good dps to large hit box enemies.  Against a normal enemy, you’re looking at a pretty basic power DPS elite spec with less than stellar DPS.  It’s not terrible, but hard to justify in light of other options.

3 hours ago, Dahkeus.8243 said:

This would be fine if it wasn’t for the fact that Vindicator only does that good dps to large hit box enemies.  Against a normal enemy, you’re looking at a pretty basic power DPS elite spec with less than stellar DPS.  It’s not terrible, but hard to justify in light of other options.

On 3/19/2022 at 10:14 PM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Nearly everything else has simple but effective builds that can shred overworld content.  Now, in my limited experience if I were to rank how good each EoD sec is in the overworld, it would look something like this:

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, DragonSlayer.1087 said:

Guardian and Necro have solid core traitlines and a wide range of weapons to choose from which means that they're not overly sensitive to one thing being nerfed because they can then alter their build to rely on something else instead, an advantage that some other professions sadly lack.

I would lean towards Guardian though. 

There, fixed it for you.