Nice to see that thief is pretty much removed from pvp

2 hours ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

Thief has always had, and still has, multiple viable builds. People simply choose to run the most broken build of the bunch and proceed to complain abt not having equally broken alternatives. 

It had "multiple viable builds". You could Decap and +1 with D/P. Or Decap and +1 with the inferior S/P. Or Decap and +1 with the inferior S/D. Or Decap and +1 with the inferior P/D. You might notice something here. These are all the same build. You do literally the same thing, just worse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

It had "multiple viable builds". You could Decap and +1 with D/P. Or Decap and +1 with the inferior S/P. Or Decap and +1 with the inferior S/D. Or Decap and +1 with the inferior P/D. You might notice something here. These are all the same build. You do literally the same thing, just worse. 

Already more variety than most other classes

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Hogwarts Zebra.8597 said:

Already more variety than most other classes

Nope. Every class can replace their build with a slightly inferior one. But these thief builds all effectively played the same. Other classes have real variety. Engineer can sidenode, roam or teamfight a lot of the time. Warrior could do that too when it was good. Necro usually can do at least 2 of those 3 things. Thief is a pure one-trick pony. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

• 1 month later...

Is specter still a meta pick? daredevil and core thief feel dead and useless now. I have not played deadeye enough to know anything about it. But it doesn't really seem like thief is doing to well, the last nerfs to shadowart are hardly making sense now with how strong some of these EOD specs are.

1 hour ago, Mandatory.6590 said:

Is specter still a meta pick? daredevil and core thief feel dead and useless now. I have not played deadeye enough to know anything about it. But it doesn't really seem like thief is doing to well, the last nerfs to shadowart are hardly making sense now with how strong some of these EOD specs are.

they want you to pay for specter, same way they want you to pay for willbender, harbinger or mechanist, those classes will remain broken for that very reason.
Also good to know that after leaving this game for several months, thief players still delude themselves into thinking their class is somehow bad or unusable, its hilarious xd

• Confused 3

22 minutes ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

they want you to pay for specter, same way they want you to pay for willbender, harbinger or mechanist, those classes will remain broken for that very reason.
Also good to know that after leaving this game for several months, thief players still delude themselves into thinking their class is somehow bad or unusable, its hilarious xd

I see quite a bit of this idea on the forums that buying the upgrade can help one to win more. Is this a joke?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gundam Style.8495 said:

I see quite a bit of this idea on the forums that buying the upgrade can help one to win more. Is this a joke?

depends who you asking, me? I find it funny, im laughing while playing other games and watching this on the side.
but if you actually want to play its not so funny I suppose

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

This logic applies to mesmer also. Another degenerate mechanics overload class. Personally I am grateful virtuoso didn't take off. Now, once willbender, harbinger, and vindicator as chiseled down, the focus can be back on spectre, and finally thief will be with mes in the dumpster where they belong.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, lightstalker.1498 said:

This logic applies to mesmer also. Another degenerate mechanics overload class. Personally I am grateful virtuoso didn't take off. Now, once willbender, harbinger, and vindicator as chiseled down, the focus can be back on spectre, and finally thief will be with mes in the dumpster where they belong.

virtuoso didnt take off because its dogshit, from what I have seen they brute-forced it to be good in pve so thats how they wanna get their money back from virtuoso