Strike mission to get turtle saddle part

Ok so i need to get a part from the strike mission in order to make my turtle saddle.  I personally HATE strike missions.  Yes I have tried them..yes some arent too hard but in most cases, I find it hard to find a team to get on or i sit in the lobby for so long its not funny.  I just dont understand why Anet has to force a strike mission on us to get a part for a saddle.  So I decide to suck it up and just to to the strike mission only ti find out I cannot even enter the lobby cause I have to have a 10 man raid team???  Seriously Anet???  I couldnt do the skyscale cause I have a handicap that makes it impossible to do some of the jumping puzzle that requires.  And please dont say hire a mesmer.  There is never one around when I need one .  Yes I am fussy cause I really wanted that turtle and Anet made it unnecessarily hard to get it.  

Come on Anet...give a girl a break!!  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

If you go to the LFG Strikes tab, you will find a section for strike teams (I am not in game so I can't direct you more exactly, hopefully someone else will be able to post the exact tab tree to follow if you can't track it down).  Click to join one of the Ministry Strike groups, preferably while you are in New Kaineng, even better if you're next to the strike entrance already (marked with a blue swirly circle on your map).  Then either use a pop up to enter if there is one, or physically walk in and click to join your party in the instance.  Make sure if joining a squad that you have read the description.  You will be much happier if you join an all-welcome, or willing to teach, instead of one posting things like LI requirements or specific builds required.

If you just want to peek in to see the instance, I believe you can form your own ten person squad, no tag needed.  However, please do not attempt to solo the fight.  It doesn't scale that way, it needs ten people.  It is the same fight as in the story at that point (the one after the long upward elevator ride), but on steroids.  So you have probably seen the terrain and enemies already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bjwhiteda.7645 said:

I couldnt do the skyscale cause I have a handicap that makes it impossible to do some of the jumping puzzle that requires.

As far as I know, you can craft an Extra-Pungent Skyscale Treat which you can feed to the skyscale ... and then you don't have to do the jumping puzzles.

Edited by franzi.8513
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I agree. They could easily substitute doing the Keining Meta, or purchased for X writs of Keining in its place.  Worse the saddle piece is not awarded immediately, but from the chest at the end of the strike that can sometimes bug.

I actually managed to get it with an organized run by my guild. The mechanics of the fight are not difficult. Bring whatever meta build you play well. I think the biggest problem with the Strike is that it is long, about 25 to 30 minutes a run, (but no time limit), and of course if the team wipes you have to start over. 

But I'm in the camp of NO non legendary content locked behind strikes, raids, or ridiculously overcomplicated open world metas that takes two hours to try, with a 98% fail rate.

Edited by Ariane Barnes.6483
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

It's very doable even for 9 people (aka, if you die it's usually not an issue) but requires a feature that many people are unfamiliar with.

You can start your own run by opening up a group and advertising it. Which should get you a full team within ~10 - 15 minutes.

1. Press P or the little icon on the top left next to that shadow profile icon.
  2. Create Squad (if you have a commander tag also click "Raid Mode (10-Member Limit)"
  3. Press Z (Contacts, Friends and LFG)
  4. Click on the second small tab on the very left of the window.
  5. Click on "Strike Missions" -> "Strike Mission (Looking for More)" on the left
  6. Click on "Advertise Your Group"
  7. Enter something like "EoD Strike 3 Saddle" or "Learning Strike 3 - Kaineng Overlook"

You can enter without 10 people. You just need to be in the correct type of squad.

Wait until 10 people showed up.

Profit!

Not the biggest fan of making the mandatory strike the one it ended up being. It should have been easier and there should have been an LFG tutorial around it.

But you should be able to find help without too much of an issue!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Erise.5614 said:

It's very doable even for 9 people (aka, if you die it's usually not an issue) but requires a feature that many people are unfamiliar with.

on my first and only attempt so far, we had a squad I assmbled (first time assembling it) no requirements I didn't even doublecheck if people are what they claim to be rolewisely, 4 DPSes died on first stage, and we were still able to pull it through 🙂 (and people started dying again on third stage, boss died when there were 3 of us left standing)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

on my first and only attempt so far, we had a squad I assmbled (first time assembling it) no requirements I didn't even doublecheck if people are what they claim to be rolewisely, 4 DPSes died on first stage, and we were still able to pull it through 🙂 (and people started dying again on third stage, boss died when there were 3 of us left standing)

sounds like a fun 45mins

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, bjwhiteda.7645 said:

I couldnt do the skyscale cause I have a handicap that makes it impossible to do some of the jumping puzzle that requires.  And please dont say hire a mesmer.  There is never one around when I need one .  Yes I am fussy cause I really wanted that turtle and Anet made it unnecessarily hard to get it.  

Which JP is it? If you're on an EU server I might be able to help you.

Also regarding strike mission I can help you with DPS if you want. I'm also not a fan of strike missions, but was forced to learn the tactics in order to get my turtle.

Edited by Montu.5139

11 hours ago, bjwhiteda.7645 said:

Ok so i need to get a part from the strike mission in order to make my turtle saddle.  I personally HATE strike missions.  Yes I have tried them..yes some arent too hard but in most cases, I find it hard to find a team to get on or i sit in the lobby for so long its not funny.  I just dont understand why Anet has to force a strike mission on us to get a part for a saddle.  So I decide to suck it up and just to to the strike mission only ti find out I cannot even enter the lobby cause I have to have a 10 man raid team???  Seriously Anet???  I couldnt do the skyscale cause I have a handicap that makes it impossible to do some of the jumping puzzle that requires.  And please dont say hire a mesmer.  There is never one around when I need one .  Yes I am fussy cause I really wanted that turtle and Anet made it unnecessarily hard to get it.  

if you're on EU, message me and I carry you through