Please. Anet. Allow us to disable virtuoso daggers out of combat [Merged]

lysico.1297

• 5 weeks later...

I agree the floating purple daggers are stupid particularly in WVW. We can't have 3 clones following us around till shattered, so why the tacky daggers. I think it is also a disadvantage to be broadcasting what state of prep we are in. Please allow the ability to turn them off. Also in WVW that's one less graphic to add to the lag. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, just make it so the daggers are hidden while your weapons are stowed. (Similar to some boons like Resistance). 

You could also make them show up while your casting a bladesong.

I kinda like the flavor of the blades showing up, I wonder if it was intended for enemies to know how strong the incoming Bladesong would be (PvP/WvW), but it doesn't even properly show the blade count as intended... If you stealth while having generated 3 blades, you come out of stealth (for the enemies) with zero blades near you. However, those last 2 blades you generate will show up just fine... You'll look like you have 2 blades, but actually have 5.

I wouldn't be sad if they disappeared, but y'know...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would say it is more important to continue generating blades when mounted and/or keep the generated blades when changing maps/instances. This bugs me to no end.

An option to disable showing them floating overhead depending on user preference would be nice as an additional improvement (but keep them showing for other player/opponents).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2024 at 10:41 AM, nofo.8469 said:

hope they remove it.. looks stupid

End game for guild wars is fashion and you have a profession with a mechanic that makes you look permanently stupid wtf 

I wouldn’t really say they look stupid. They can look stupid if your aesthetic don’t fit sure, but with or without this option, everyone else will think you look stupid, because u can’t turn them off for other players even if this was a option 

the only time they gonna look stupid would be when your designing ur char without considering em really. 

and tbh even without virt in all honesty it still looks stupid when u don’t fit the colour.

Mesmer literally the only class that PURELY only displays all effects in class colours consistently throughout colours, everything explodes in purple, all ur utility makes purple effects, even ur melee swings are glowed purple in animation.

with or without the daggers, if you wanna be a Red Mesmer, or a green mesmer, ur gonna look weird the moment the purple highlights began lol. 

I think the blades look awesome, I doubt it’s going to be a turn off / on thing. Because coding an entire disable on graphics to fit 1 elite specs in the entire game seems like a large investment for a very small gain. 

but we are almost 3 years past its launch, and it’s still present. lol people have wanted this for Infusions for a decade and that’s still absent lol