Please. Anet. Allow us to disable virtuoso daggers out of combat [Merged]

lysico.1297

On 7/10/2022 at 9:45 PM, ksgates.3509 said:

Some people like the Virtuoso daggers over their character's head and other's do not.  How about giving us that option?   Please consider this and not put comments like these into a black hole of the ignore.  Thank you

People are requesting this every time there is a visual effect for a spec that stays on them while being out of combat.

• Guardians were requesting a toggle for their passive aegis shield
  • Soulbeasts were requesting a toggle for their green pet fusion animation
  • Heralds were requesting a toggle for their aspect marker
  • Untameds are requesting a toggle for their unleashed buff
  • Virtuosos are requesting a toggle for their daggers
  • Some Engineers even requested a toggle for the red glow from the trait explosive entrance

All have the same arguments going for them. These markers are important for competitive play to give information to the enemy about your current state. So they will be default in that environment anyway.

In PvE, they surely won't make a toggle for just one of these classes. They could implement one that disables all class specific markers for that player, but this is probably alot of work for something that the majority of players doesn't really care about.

So I don't think that this will change any time in the future. But it will be brought up every single time some visual e-spec effect is overlaying your fashion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

People are requesting this every time there is a visual effect for a spec that stays on them while being out of combat.

• Guardians were requesting a toggle for their passive aegis shield
  • Soulbeasts were requesting a toggle for their green pet fusion animation
  • Heralds were requesting a toggle for their aspect marker
  • Untameds are requesting a toggle for their unleashed buff
  • Virtuosos are requesting a toggle for their daggers
  • Some Engineers even requested a toggle for the red glow from the trait explosive entrance

All have the same arguments going for them. These markers are important for competitive play to give information to the enemy about your current state. So they will be default in that environment anyway.

In PvE, they surely won't make a toggle for just one of these classes. They could implement one that disables all class specific markers for that player, but this is probably alot of work for something that the majority of players doesn't really care about.

So I don't think that this will change any time in the future. But it will be brought up every single time some visual e-spec effect is overlaying your fashion.

Where are the indications of adrenaline, initiative, life force and so on? Or those aren't important informations?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

46 minutes ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Where are the indications of adrenaline, initiative, life force and so on? Or those aren't important informations?

Initiative is not really a fair comparison. It serves the same purpose of limiting skill usage as cooldowns do and we also don't see the enemy cooldowns directly. You have to keep track of their skill usage instead.

Life force and adrenaline on the other hand, I can see that argument. But to be fair, I don't really care to see the adrenaline bar of my enemy directly, but that may be just me. The resource is easily generated and so many mechanics are tied to burst that I simply dodge burst skills anyway. Also seeing the adrenaline becomes kinda silly for elite specs like berserker and spellbreaker, which just have access to tier 1 bursts anyway.

Life force should maybe have an indicator, problem is how you want to visually install it in a way that makes you evaluate how much life force they actually have?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just anything to deal with the giant pink exclamation marks would be nice. Skins, hide them, etc.

100% agreed. 

And I don't think some specs/classes having their abilities advertised and some not is any sort of balanced lol. Like all one or the other, but the non clone generating Mesmer having giant arrows pointing to their location that can be seen over hills, underwater... Etc. 

Nope. 

Edited by Voyant.1327
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

For a game that is often referred to as Fashion Wars and has endgame upgrades often be about unlocking awesome appearances and not huge constant gear power upgrades, you’d think they’d be more concerned about making sure players could hide something like these daggers clashing with player outfits outside of combat.

I know it probably sounds dumb, but having to have those daggers floating above my character all the time is the only reason I haven’t bothered with virtuoso yet, as much as I would really like to.

Why can’t we have the option to hide them out of combat? I don’t mind having them in combat, but out of combat they are just an eyesore. And again, let it be an option. I know there are players out there who like them. I’m not trying to take that away from anyone.

Edited by randomly.6395
Spacing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2

TBH I dont play virt for multiple reasons and yes one is the stupid daggers hovering over my head.

Personally, I put allot of work into choosing how my toons look and that just breaks my ability to make that choice.

I wont even consider the class untill the rest of Mesmer functions and they fix the 5 pink daggers over head arch above each Virt.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 10:51 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

All have the same arguments going for them.

None of the effects you mentioned involves an oversized rainbow of weapons above the character's head. If they were only half the size, or even better as tiny as the Scrapper's little red gyro, less players would be complaining.

There is a reason I got the legendary trinkets only after they introduced an effect toggle for them.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 7/11/2022 at 10:13 AM, curtegg.5216 said:

Hiding a Virtuoso mesmer in keeps in WvW is harder with the banner of daggers over your head saying: "HERE I AM!"

Exactly!  And people will know how to counter your attacks but you won't have that same advantage.

• Haha 2

Is it annoying that I can't turn off the blades? Yes. Of course noone can hide clones with core mesmer, chrono, and mirage, so I doubt it's changing for virtuoso. If possible, I would rather them daggers only pop up once combat starts rather than a toggle option, then they fade away out of combat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...

They 100% need to be able to hide them. Just make a simple toggle for players who want to see them and this should be in and out of combat. 

For anyone saying they want to be able to see them to tell when Vert is going to burst that's also why they should be hidden in pvp. No other class gives away their burst timing so the Vert shouldn't have to either. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would like to bump this topic.

Those floating daggers are annoying as hell.

And this is a game where Fashion Wars is the primary source of monetarization of Anet.

Also, the PvP argument is nonense, because (in PvE certainly) the daggers of other virtuosos are NOT displayed, just yours.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Doing this will get at least one of those pesky Warrior mains to switch mains for at least a few months.

Giving us a client-side option to disable this particle effect (at least out of combat and/or when weapons are sheathed) would be a win for every side.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 12:00 PM, lysico.1297 said:

I am begging ya.    🙏

At first I was like no way, but now I’m also begging. The daggers should be like ele’s elemental wrist rings.  Having them constantly on is one of the reasons I stopped playing virt. 

Edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682

Either give every class and spec a giant visual effect to announce exactly how much burst potential they got at every single second of every fight - or none.

I do play virt - just love it too much to let the visible daggers stop me - but it absolutely is a ridiculous disadvantage in competitive modes. Please lets not pretend otherwise hmkay.