Turtle Riding Equipment Issues

Two elements of the activities required to get the turtle riding equipment require groups of 10 or more to accomplish. I have found this very difficult to get that many people interest in doing these two 3events. Suggest they either be made part of a Meta event so it will get done, or make alternative activities available that an individual can do.  So few people are getting the turtle that not enough people are available at any one time to do these events.  Please help fix this problem.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I'm aware of the Kaineng event, what other event is a problem for you?  The Kaineng event can be difficult to complete for groups of people that are new to the event.  However, there are currently a constant stream of groups being formed on LFG.  Last night I was able to join one that failed the event.  just before another try at the event I had to leave due to family reasons.   Once my break was over, it took me 5 minutes to find a group and they were successful the first try.  It's not hard to find a group, you just have to look.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

I'm aware of the Kaineng event, what other event is a problem for you?  The Kaineng event can be difficult to complete for groups of people that are new to the event.  However, there are currently a constant stream of groups being formed on LFG.  Last night I was able to join one that failed the event.  just before another try at the event I had to leave due to family reasons.   Once my break was over, it took me 5 minutes to find a group and they were successful the first try.  It's not hard to find a group, you just have to look.

I would guess either jade maw or leviathan.

Edit

Or start your own group label it FOR TURTLE.

Either you get people who know it or you get to learn the encounter with 9 other people.

Edit 2

This might help

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Thanks 1

The two events I am referring to are the leviathan and the Strike events.  Finding people may be easier when you play, but when I play there are not a lot of people around.  In the leviathan case, i got 2 other people and they left for the Meta.  It would not have been enough anyway.  For the Strike event, I could only get 3 people through LFG.  The MAW event always has plenty of people,  The Meta in Seitung Province always seems to have lots of people.  Meta are not usually an issue.  It is events that are not Meta that required a large number of people that are problems because they are not always there when you have the time to play.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, dgperry.5964 said:

The two events I am referring to are the leviathan and the Strike events.  Finding people may be easier when you play, but when I play there are not a lot of people around.  In the leviathan case, i got 2 other people and they left for the Meta.  It would not have been enough anyway.  For the Strike event, I could only get 3 people through LFG.  The MAW event always has plenty of people,  The Meta in Seitung Province always seems to have lots of people.  Meta are not usually an issue.  It is events that are not Meta that required a large number of people that are problems because they are not always there when you have the time to play.

You could always ask in map chat.

Anyone up for leviathan after meta, I want my turtle and  it is ready to start.

I would be supriced if you dont get enough people spilling over to wack it to death.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sarius.9285 said:

only when aurene swoops down and drops the turtle right in front of you lol

Not sure, that sounds like a lot of visual noise and having a turtle dropped on you might be startling. Also this requires ppl to log in, way to gatekeep this absolutely necessary feature m8. Why do you HATE literally everyone playing this game?

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, lokh.2695 said:

Not sure, that sounds like a lot of visual noise and having a turtle dropped on you might be startling. Also this requires ppl to log in, way to gatekeep this absolutely necessary feature m8. Why do you HATE literally everyone playing this game?

I hate how accurate that is lmao 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

There was a long discussion on this topic focused on the Strike Mission step that has been archived - the thread was mostly comprised of people who like Strike Missions telling people who didn't like Strike Missions that they should be quiet and do them even though people are supposed to play video games for enjoyment.

ArenaNet has been smart enough in the past to offer their customers optional methods in the past such as Pungent Skyscale Treats or the recent change to allow the merchant/non-meta method to buy the turtle egg.  They should allow alternative methods for the Strike Mission step and even the Leviathan.

NO ONE has EVER said the turtle should be given for free or without any effort.  Offer customers options because amazingly, not everyone enjoys doing the same thing. 

Edited by DoctorOverlord.8620
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Nevermind

But now I'm curious about the joke. You can't leave us hanging like this!

Also, I'm not saying ppl want the turtle for free, but that's basically the end of the slippery slope. "When will it be "hands off enough?" is a legitimate question at some point, maybe we are at that point, maybe we're not. I'm not a dev, I don't make these decisions. But the meta is getting adjustments with every patch so far, it's getting easier and easier to get the turtle, when does this process end? When will it be hands off enough?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, DoctorOverlord.8620 said:

There was a long discussion on this topic focused on the Strike Mission step that has been archived - the thread was mostly comprised of people who like Strike Missions telling people who didn't like Strike Missions that they should be quiet and do them even though people are supposed to play video games for enjoyment.

And it had people offering a carry through the Strike.