Aquarium in home instance with all captured legendary fishes

Aquarium in home instance with all captured legendary fishes  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like an Aquarium in home instance with all captured legendary fishes

• I love to have a legendary fish Aquarium
    • Please no more Fish related stuff for GW2
    • I don't care.. Whatever!!!

Although I would love to have all the fishes I've caught be displayed in an aquarium.. It could be overwhelming... atleast If anet let us have an Aquarium with all the captured legendary fishes for live display, It'd be super cool... Aquarium can be a glass Aquarium like the one in Subnautica where we can build a tower like class structure and grow the fishies... or.. it can be a pool on the floor where we can swim with the fishes... they can add it as a reward for catching all the fishes in the game.. now the ascended fishing rod skin is so underwhelming...

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

And a library for all the books i collected from scraps when doing achievements!

I had actually been hoping for that as a feature of the Arborstone library. Or at least let us store the books we pick up with the EoD achievements in that library, it's the perfect place for it.

Having a display for sigh caught would be nice, too, but there's so many of them (and some lower rarity ones look way more interesting than some of the legendaries 😉) that I'm not sure how to configure such a feature to suit everyone's taste. Personally I'd also prefer a different place than the home instance to display them, since our existing home instances are pretty full already (if you have a lot of the upgrades), and an aquarium just doesn't fit into all of them (imo).

35 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

I had actually been hoping for that as a feature of the Arborstone library. Or at least let us store the books we pick up with the EoD achievements in that library, it's the perfect place for it.

Having a display for sigh caught would be nice, too, but there's so many of them (and some lower rarity ones look way more interesting than some of the legendaries 😉) that I'm not sure how to configure such a feature to suit everyone's taste. Personally I'd also prefer a different place than the home instance to display them, since our existing home instances are pretty full already (if you have a lot of the upgrades), and an aquarium just doesn't fit into all of them (imo).

Maybe they could add a new instance, where avid fishermen could catch certain fish, then choose which to display. And add certain fun activities to do while there, and make it be a chill lounge or something. Maybe make it an achievement, would make fishing more interesting beyond a few turtle achievements and aurene legendaries.

Maybe that could be a feature in the upcoming living worlds after they do the LS1 and stuff they plan. 

3 hours ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

I love this idea.

But to be honest, i would never use this.

I would rather kill them always for their ancient ambergris and flawless fish fillets before butting them in a aquarium 😅

Technically, they're dead when they enter your inventory.

To catch and transfer them to an aquarium you'd probably need to buy a fish bag from an NPC, then activate it or something so that fish you catch while it's active go in the bag haha. And it'll have charges or something. 😛

Knowing Anet, they wouldn't make it so easy to just catch fish normally. 😛

Edited by Veprovina.4876

• 1 year later...

Just thinking about if GW2 had an aquarium and stumbled upon this thread. Here are my thoughts 18 mo after the last post. LOL

Honestly, the easiest way to do this is just make the aquarium interactive and you can select from any fish you've caught (like the jade bot stations). There's a maximum number depending on how big the aquarium is. Like if they reuse the asset for Orrian shells home instance node, you can see like 4-5 fish swimming in there. Basic uniform decoration but the player selects the fish. If they want to make it a true HI node, you could select one fish type to get mats from daily.