Ever going to address conditions dominating strike damage on every game mode?

Apolo.5942

2 minutes ago, Diak Atoli.2085 said:

The change to the Exposed condition only affect certain bosses in certain areas of PvE. Given that the OP is referring to all game modes, Exposed will not fix the perceived imbalance.

Quite right, this problem begins with stat combinations (specially so in pvp) and ends with classes that can out spike strike damage with condition damage.

Quite simply it is a mess in all aspects of the game.

As someone who enjoys the playstyle of conditions, I agree it is painfully obvious that condition builds are stronger.  They are far stronger in open world, that's for sure.

The simple fact that power requires 3 dps stats and condi only two, and sometimes even just one, is a huge imbalance.  Add to that the protection boon, weakness debuff..  Power feels super weak sometimes and condi usually feels very consistent.  

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Stx.4857 said:

As someone who enjoys the playstyle of conditions, I agree it is painfully obvious that condition builds are stronger.  They are far stronger in open world, that's for sure.

The simple fact that power requires 3 dps stats and condi only two, and sometimes even just one, is a huge imbalance.  Add to that the protection boon, weakness debuff..  Power feels super weak sometimes and condi usually feels very consistent.  

It not only needs less stats, stats combinations often mix both offensive stats with 2 defensive stats vs 1 IF ANY on power stats combinations.

May be the best way to balance condi would be to add a new stat required for condi dps so that it is 3 on both sides.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stx.4857 said:

I am also someone who enjoys condi playstyles, but if you look at most condi dps builds you will see that they rely on 4 stats to generate top tier performance. In open world power specs can often, but certainly not always, destroy mobs before condi can ramp their damage up to comparable levels. In some instanced fights bosses with phases will clear condis completely requiring the player to re-ramp up their damage for the next phase.

I am not trying to argue that an imbalance doesnt exist, or that it does for that matter, merely that things arent quite as black and white as might perceived.

19 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am also someone who enjoys condi playstyles, but if you look at most condi dps builds you will see that they rely on 4 stats to generate top tier performance. In open world power specs can often, but certainly not always, destroy mobs before condi can ramp their damage up to comparable levels. In some instanced fights bosses with phases will clear condis completely requiring the player to re-ramp up their damage for the next phase.

I am not trying to argue that an imbalance doesnt exist, or that it does for that matter, merely that things arent quite as black and white as might perceived.

I prefer power builds, and there is an imbalance between sustained power and condition DPS. That's fine (in PvE).

As you've said, conditions require time to build up while power damage can spike from the outset. It's a trade off between lower and faster or higher and slower. Any problem in that 'imbalance' comes from the mentality of 'highest DPS is only DPS.' Personally, I will look for either damage type that's most comfortable to use while still dealing 'enough' DPS.

As for builds requiring certain stats for top performance: compare the amount of power damage skills with a damaging condition vs condition damage skills with power damage.

Edited by Diak Atoli.2085
Added opinion on stats.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

In open world power specs can often, but certainly not always, destroy mobs before condi can ramp their damage up to comparable levels.

That is true for any sufficiently weak mobs but with EoD having more veterans and elites in open world that reduces the disadvantage.

One glaring issue I find is that power theoretically has a higher damage ceiling since there is no limit on crit damage whereas condi duration is capped to 100% but in reality there are only so many places where you can get crit damage.

Buffs which benefits both condi and power  is also an advantage for condi since condi builds still deal strike damage but most power builds will have little to no damaging conditions. The same goes for Might, +30 power/condition damage. That symmetry is a disadvantage for power builds.

It's been true since May 2021 patch more or less due to exposed changes along with torment buffs. This may be altered tomorrow ; condition is meant to have higher sustained damage but the loss of scholar uptime (5% bonus , for just about everything but warrior) and need for melee range for max DPS wasn't factored in heavily for the balancing in the past. Condi specs such as specter, scourge, soulbeast can do 33K-40K at range. Anything with less than 500K or 2.5 million health (in 5 man group) is more conducive to power DPS as power bursts up to 50-65K DPS with buffs and boons.

If you mean WVW or PVP however that isn't the case since torment doesn't do as much damage to moving targets and burn stacks have been reduced heavily (save for guardian which needs to be in melee to fully apply burning and to a lesser extent sword weaver which is fully melee and can be cleansed since the burn stacking is from a few skills). The single condi build that is truly meta in PVP is condi core necro ; in WVW even scourges are on power builds.

For PvP they need to add more condi passive condi cleanse to traits 

Pve doesn't honestly need changing as most mobs don't apply very much conditions anyway

PvP is Wvw roaming so same

And one scrapper with a cleanse gyro on a team with purity of purpose can get rid of an emense amount of condi For decent boon uptime for group wvw