Achievement Points lost [Merged]

On 10/7/2022 at 9:21 AM, Urud.4925 said:

Just to soothe everyone, as I wrote in May, on this thread (and some other player also noticed, later on), you don't "lose" AP.

We are rewarded with more AP than intended (not when we complete the whole achievement/repeatable quest, but when we complete a single tier). So it can happen that an achiev that has 3 AP in total, gives us 5 AP, because we completed a new tier of a repeatable quest today. When we log-in the next time (even in the same day), the game checks that we don't exceed the AP cap for each achiev, and it removes these 2 AP for example.

So don't panic and simply avoid wasting time completing these repeatable quests for now. I'm pretty sure that when they fix it, we will have even a dozen of APs less. Although I don't know why is taking so long to fix it, when the steps to reproduce it are quite clear now.

yeah but you can also get more ap and keep them as long as you dont complete the achievements. as I wrote earlier, you can get up to 6 ap per legy variant as long as you dont complete it. with 6 variants thats 36ap more than you should have and at the top of the leaderboard those 36ap can matter.

On that note, as with the last variants, Jormag's achievement has the same issue as many other EoD achievs...

• 2 weeks later...

So when I logged in tonight I was at 42888 ap which I thought was neat because the 888, lucky numbers!  Then I finished the 'For the Living not the Dead' achievement in Echovold Wilds which awarded me 1 ap.  Then I went and did the aetherblade assault meta event in Seitung Province and at the end the Eternal achievement for that popped up on my screen and appeared to award me 1 ap which I though was odd because I had finished all the ap for that a while ago, but when I checked my AP it had actually dropped by 2 points to 42887.  I got a screen shot of the ap leaderboard which had not yet updated and still showed me at 42889.  What happened?  will I be able to get those 2 points back?  I did submit a ticket with the screenshots.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have an issue with repeatable achievement points from End of the Dragon.

The (non-exhausitive) list is:

Seitung province:

1. Eternal Aetherblade Shenanigans
  2. Eternal Purist Shenanigans
  3. Eternal Seitung Harbor Shenanigans
  4. Eternal Seitung Province Meta-Event
  5. Eternal Troubles from the Deep

Neo-Kaineng:

1. Always in Working Order
  2. Champion Plumber
  3. Delivery Service Champion
  4. Harbinger of Zhaitan
  5. Hero of New Kaineng
  6. Kappa Exterminator
  7. No-Fun Police
  8. Not in This Neighborhood
  9. Protector of Kaineng
  10. Working as Intended

On a previous patch note, I see this line:

Game Update Notes: May 24, 2022

[...]

Fixed an issue that caused End of Dragons: Act Mastery achievements to require hidden achievements for completion, which erroneously removed achievement points from some players that had previously completed them.

And something similar happened to me.

I have already completed the repeatable achievement  from End of the Dragon since a while, and recently I redo the story with different characters for the elite specialization collections.

Some achievements that I have already completed continue to give me some additional points after the limit threshold has already been reached (Eternal Seitung Province Meta-Event), while some others, e:g. Protector of Kaineng are withdrawing points...

Edit/ I see that some people have the same issue as well:

Edited by Ultimator.4302

Hi,

I've been noticing this with the release of EoD and the introduction of the legendary variants.
The "Weekly Jade Vault"(not 100% sure it's this one but it has to be an achi dealing with the meta events in EoD) and "Aurene's Facet of [X]" achievements are repeatable that grant AP on completion. The amuont of AP you can get is limited. We've seen such achis in the past, like "Emblem of the Conqueror" for example.
What I've been noticing is, that these new achis keep adding AP until completion, then resetting and substracting the AP again. Now I know, this isn'ta game breaking bug but 1) as someone who has AP as their goal logging in to haveing less AP feels bad and 2) it is at least possible, to add/substract around an achievement chest, not sure what it does but if you get multiple chests this could be exploitable.
Please lok into this and fix the AP.

Thanks.

Keep persisting for me as well, on the repeatable achievements both in Seitung and Kaineng which made me not to do them anymore which I feel it s bad and impairs the experience. 

I hope they will fix it soon as working on achievements, especially the ones related to indirect revenue production for the company such as black lion collections, feels no worthy to go after.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yup, this seems to affect most if not all tiered repeatable achievements introduced with EoD. I completed "Not in This Neighborhood" for example after reaching the +2 AP cap already but the notification still claimed I gained more points. I did not pay attention to whether I actually got the points. But relogging definitely reduced the amount of AP I had.

Edited by Ignavia.7420

For some reason this is happening to my account I keep losing achievement points that I have gained from different sources " not daily's maxed there " it's been happening since doing the second round of Aurene's legendary variants, points from those and others was up to 29,941 at one point down to 29,929 now been to 29,933 29,935 down to 29,931 down to today 29,929  GM from customer service answered  ticket, to report it as a bug a GM does not have the ability to restore lost achievement points,  oh wow how nice 

• Like 1

For some reason this is happening to my account I keep losing achievement points that I have gained from different sources " not daily's maxed there " it's been happening since doing the second round of Aurene's legendary variants, points from those and others was up to 29,941 at one point down to 29,929 now been to 29,933 29,935 down to 29,931 down to today 29,929  GM from customer service answered  ticket, to report it as a bug a GM does not have the ability to restore lost achievement points,  oh wow how nice 

From the Patch Notes: 

• Fixed an issue that caused some repeatable Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons achievements to sometimes incorrectly count additional points when tallying achievement point totals.
    • This may appear to reduce some players' achievement point totals upon logging in, as the "extra" achievement points will be removed.
  • Confused 1