Anet is promoting spamming over timing skills playstyle

myun.6395

I don't wanna create hate or flame, but with EoD release we achieved a new level of spamming that guarantees results even if you are not so good at the game.

Usually spamming skills in an mmo with cooldowns should punish you, not reward you.

Mechanist:the winner of the season, the latest 20% nerf to mech probably won't do much, the class still sits on nodes spamming all skills off cooldown, signets, elixir gun, mortar etc. It's a spam fiesta.

Bladesworn: warrior is finally viable and probably with the recent buffs will become meta as well, but in it's current state it's a build that even an ape can play, shout sustain it's over the top, I hopped on my bladesworn aftet the patch and even being in platinum I could easily  kite 2 good players for quite a while, till they had to give up, i was so carried by the heals it's just stupid. I'm not asking for big nerfs etc. But the buff was unnecessary, since it was already good healing.

Specter: wells-shadowstepper-shroud-skill3 spammer. It just doesn't die, simple as that, whilr have too much mobility, aoe damage and the ability to fit any spvp role all in one spec. I don't know how it dodged nerfs, but it did.

Harbinger: condi power burst elixir ìspammer, damage over the top with low effort. Have to check if the nerfs actually did something or not.

Virtuoso buffs maybe will make it viable for a 1vs1 spec, which we already know will be a busted condi aegis daggers spammer that can insta 20+ confusion stacks on top of other 5-6 condies on stupidly low cd. We will have to wait and see.

Catalyst according to grimjack is still bad and unplayable, untamed it's ok in the hand of boyce and rom, but maybe just a worse shiro herald version. Same story for willbender, the buff seemed nice, but there is no reason to pick it over a shiro herald, it's basically a mobility skill spammer which doesn't do much.

I don't know if you noticed the same, but skill level dropped significantly.

I always struggled to stay in gold3 all seasons i played, i probably am an average player.

After eod launch i did reach plat2 playing mechanist, bladesworn in another account and also specter of course, spamming most of the times carry you anyway.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah. And its not new, its just that most of the new specs provide the same braindead gameplay that is equally rewarding if not even more rewarding than having to time abilities/dodges.

Pretty sad since the timing part of the combat is what makes it good. Otherwise its just some random, weird and honestly just garbage combat  mmo.

Edited by Hotride.2187

5 hours ago, myun.6395 said:

Virtuoso buffs maybe will make it viable for a 1vs1 spec, which we already know will be a busted condi aegis daggers spammer that can insta 20+ confusion stacks on top of other 5-6 condies on stupidly low cd. We will have to wait and see.

Most condi virtuoso will not take the aegis trait, and a 20s cd is not thaaat low when the condi damage of every other ability you have is subpar

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

10 hours ago, myun.6395 said:

I always struggled to stay in gold3 all seasons i played, i probably am an average player.

After eod launch i did reach plat2 playing mechanist, bladesworn in another account and also specter of course, spamming most of the times carry you anyway.

did the skill level really drop? or are you just abusing busted professions like mechanist? 😛

#nohate

did the skill level really drop? or are you just abusing busted professions like mechanist? 😛

#nohate

That is his point. He is usually a gold 3 player but because the specs are so brain dead it can get to plat 2 easy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mecto.9274 said:

That is his point. He is usually a gold 3 player but because the specs are so brain dead it can get to plat 2 easy.

ahh okey i missunderstood then... thought he meant the other players are getting worse, so that he manages to go to plat 2.

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

ahh okey i missunderstood then... thought he meant the other players are getting worse, so that he manages to go to plat 2.

Well , it kinda works that way too, people get carried by build, get high up with some toxic ego, the build gets nerfed, they become useless but with boosted rank and ego. I call it the Scourge syndrome, but you can exchange it to anything that is autopilot currently.

• Like 2