[SAB] [QOL] Baubles and Bauble Bubbles should be able to be deposited into Material Storage or Wallet

Icethorn.6570

• 2 weeks later...

I see no reason Bubbles shouldn't be depositable but regular ones probably cant be easily since they're used inside the worlds and have their own 'bag mechanic.' Might be annoying if someone accidentally deposits them right before they needed to buy something or hurl a bomb.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1

Baubles were made with an old school "currency cap" mechanic in mind. Like many things in and around SAB, they have different restrictions from the rest of the game. Being able to deposit them in material storage and possible use directly from there, too, would run counter to that idea as well as the pouch upgrades you can get inside the box.

Make it a habit to exit to the hub and exchange baubles for bauble bubbles between worlds if you find you gather too many for your pouch to hold (or get the upgrades if you haven't already). You can freely exchange baubles for bauble bubbles and back without losing anything. You can also dump them in your bank if you don't have enough to exchange, and they won't count against your pouch limit.

If you end up having more than a stack of bauble bubbles, you probably have more of them than you'll ever need 😉 .

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Rasimir.6239 said:

Make it a habit to exit to the hub and exchange baubles for bauble bubbles between worlds if you find you gather too many for your pouch to hold (or get the upgrades if you haven't already). You can freely exchange baubles for bauble bubbles and back without losing anything. You can also dump them in your bank if you don't have enough to exchange, and they won't count against your pouch limit.

About that, small tip I use to handle extra baubles without leaving the box:

You can buy or sell continue coin for 10bauble, so I used them as bauble storage when I don't have enough to convert but want to free the pouch. 

With that, I can start any level with at most 9baubles

• Like 2

Since baubles are also the ammo and the bauble wallet is part of the mechanic, they can't be made into a currency.

But having to leave at the start of every zone to convert them into coins is extremely annoying.

There's two possible solutions to that:

* Turn bubbles into a currency, and automatically convert all remaining baubles into that currency when leaving SAB and at the end of a map. So you'd always start any SAB map with 0 baubles.

* Create a  'vending machine' that quickly trades your baubles for bubbles when used, and put it at the start of zone 2 and zone 3 of each world, and in some secret rooms that do not have either at least 20 baubles, or furniture coins, like the hidden flooded pot merchant room behind the waterfall in W2Z1. 

Edited by MithranArkanere.8957